Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"I couldn't open that door, I couldn't risk it."

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Walkers Ate Me, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Walkers Ate Me

Rick said this to "Lori" on the telephone. I don't quite get what he means by that. I'm assuming by "opening the door" he meant discussing if the baby was his or not. That's my only guess. Here's the whole statement.

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

He couldn't open then door to his emotions again. He needed to be a tough, cold leader who could make decisions and keep the group safe, he needed to be certain that he did not allow his own weakness to cost them members of the group again.

He "closed the door" when he declared the group to no longer be a democracy and totally took over.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

After reading Rick's statement, it sounds like he didn't want to fix his marriage with Lori until he found a safe place for her, the baby, and the group.

Rick didn't want to be distracted, didn't want to lower his guard. He was upset with Lori, but he still loved her. Once he had found a safe place, he and Lori would talk things out.

As they keep saying, "We always think there's more time."

4. luv it all

luv it all Active Member

Rick meant he couldn't open that part of himself that would be soft, show feelings, be of a more gentle nature. He had to be hard, shut down emotions until he found that location where Lori, the baby, of course the others too but in this 'conversation' it was more directed to Lori and the baby, would be safe. If he risked being emotional, Rick felt he risked his chances of keeping them alive, that something bad would happen. Until he found that safe place, he was harsh/hard because he felt he had to be that way to get the results he wanted which was that safe place.

Rick thought he'd find it and then he could be open again and hopefully get back to some of what they had before everything went bad. He thought there would be time, there wasn't. He didn't get to show his love again like he wanted and he lost Lori and so he broke down. Hope that helps.

5. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I reckon it's this, kind of sad really...