Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I officially hate Shane

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Save the Last One' started by Joshua, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Joshua

Joshua Member

I get in the universe of The Walking Dead it's survival of the fittest and all, and I understand Shane's reasoning behind him murdering Otis but still to lie about it to Patricia is just wrong.

But Otis kinda deserved it for shooting Carl imo

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Otis did kinda deserve, but it was an accident. What Shane did was unreal. He has some wicked issues. I do think his character looks better with a shaved head.

3. Joshua

Joshua Member

I just hope Shane gets his karma back in season 3 or mid-season 2 because he's been such a pissant in season 1. Telling Lori, Carl and Amy that their loved ones are dead

like wtf? Is he trying to be the "Man of the House" or something?

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah Shane is definitely someone you hate or love. According to news and posts here, Shane will be around for awhile...plus the fact what he did to Lori in the season finale.

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

An honest (but stupid) hunting accident justifies murder? Ouch. :)

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Hawaiian Shirt...wasn't that a crazy show man! It was an accident that he shot Carl, but I guess some could see it as stupidity.

7. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Man you guys are brutal lol. I don't think Otis deserved it. Shooting Carl was an accident. Otis even saved Shanes ass. But yeah, I really started to like Shane again. Sucks he had to do something stupid like that.

8. fire_fighter1985

fire_fighter1985 New Member

I can't believe how many people are judging Shane already lol. We all thought he was an asshole for sleeping with Lori, but then we saw the flashback of how he did everything in his power to save Rick while he was in a coma. He obviously cares for Rick and his family. What would we do for the ones we love? Otis didn't deserve dying either, but imo, it was only a matter of time. Fat people in zombie flicks never make it lol

9. Strawberries

Strawberries Member

Yup, now more than ever I hope what happens to him in the comics happens on the show, with the same people involved.

10. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Absolutely crazy! I LOVED IT!!! I think Shane's action, however despicable, was the first real OMG moment of the TV series for me. It was absolutely brilliant that they made Shane the dick again, like he always was to the readers, but this time did so by really confusing his motives. Why did he sacrifice Otis? Was he being an evil prick or was he being a pragmatic realist? Would Otis have been overcome anyway WITH the much needed supplies? Was Shane just speeding up the inevitable while guaranteeing at least one persons survival and that all of the medical equipment made it back to Hershel and Carl? Although Otis's premature departure was a great shock to the comic fans, ultimately we must realize that his death did not hinder the story as his role going forward was insignificant at best until his comic demise where he was killed "offscreen" but pretty much in a similar fashion. With Shane, comes an unbelievable element of surprise for those of us who are hardcore comic fans. Will Shane get his? Absolutely. HOW?-is the question though.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

What makes it even worse is that Otis refused to leave Shane behind a few moments before Shane shoots him. I'm sorry to see him go so soon in the TV series. They picked a real good actor, too. I was really liking him and how he stood up to do what was right after Carl's accident.

12. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

After a 2nd viewing I would definitely have to say that Shane did not kill Otis for any other reason than he believed it was the only way the supplies would reach Carl. Shane even stopped beforehand and tried to sacrifice himself so that Otis could get away but Otis would not leave him. I believe that is the moment Shane knew he was going to sacrifice Otis instead. I also believe the “I’m sorry” to Otis was sincere. Because of this, what Shane has become, the person he has to be to survive and save loved ones in this new reality, he did not like the look of the person staring back at him in the mirror, figuratively and literally, thus, the hair shave. Just my 2 cents, as always, I could be wrong.

13. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I never liked Shane and I really hate the man now. Going back to when he was banging his supposedly best friend Rick's wife. Then almost taking a shot at that same best friend and stopped himself because Dale caught him in the act. Leaving Rick behind at the hospital and never really seeming to see if he was really still alive. Always jealous and trying to jockey for position as leader even though everyone just turned to Rick as a leader. And now Killing Otis. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

14. Raz Wan

Raz Wan New Member

I like him tbh, Where can i access the Comics online?

15. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

In my humble opinion I think that Shane did what Shane had to do. Yes it is true that Otis did shoot Carl. Yes it is true that Otis did volunteer to help Shane get the medical supplies to help Carl. But in the whole scope of things Shane did what he had to do to assure that Carl would get the equipment needed for his survival. I do understand that Shane does have some mental issues, and his sense of obligation and teamwork my be a little off. But he has always looked after the boy.

16. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Welcome ZombieHunter! I do also think that Shane did what he had to do, but the fact of him shaving his head and looking nuts gave me another impression. If Shane didn't do that, they may have both died and Carl.

Sacrifice for the greater good of the group?

17. jaxmagicman

jaxmagicman New Member

I think he did what he had to to survive and keep Carl alive.

But I hate him for his abs. I will never ever look like that and it makes me hate him.

18. Raz Wan

Raz Wan New Member

imo, Look at Otis, he wouldn't be able to run any longer, Shane was far infront while Otis just a few metres ahead of the Zombies. When he was given the oppurtunity to carry on while shane will be bait for the walkers, he didn't take that chance, because Otis refused to leave him behind, it was Otis's go as being bait whether he liked it or not. So the supplies could get to the Boy.

However i find it sad as Otis had just saved Shanes life a few moments prior to shane leaving him for the walkers.

19. Chreees

Chreees Member

As much as I love how his character is developing on the show, part of me still wants what happened to him in the comic to happen to him on the show...

20. Voski

Voski Member

Of course he was going to lie about it to Patricia and everyone. You can't be like "it was me or him, so I shot him." Really interested in how the show is veering off from the comics.