Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I think even the actors don't know who it was

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by ZombieAndTeal, Apr 4, 2016.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

They like their jobs? ;P

Seriously, with contract negotiations coming up they could easily change up a decision and offer up someone else instead... The perils of ambiguous cliffhangers!

3. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

That's awesome - I always loved their relationship on the show, and I don't doubt that they hold the highest regard for each other off the show as well. Two of my favorite dudes!

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Well, it's easier to say "I don't know," than, "yes, we all know, but we're not telling you." At work when I'm trying to protect confidential or otherwise best-left-unshared information I usually claim ignorance because (assuming you're a good liar, which, let's face it, they're actors) it's just easier than saying, "I can't say," because often even admitting that you know something but can't say can tip a person off.

For example, when a cop asks, "do you know how fast you were going?" It's always best to feign ignorance (or make up a reasonable lie, but that wouldn't work in this case) than it is to say, "uh... I know... But why don't you just tell me how fast you think I was going? Then, we'll negotiate from there."

5. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

I am sure in some cases this works, but also remember that when you claim ignorance, oftentimes people know that you know and know that you are not being totally upfront. I usually take the other tact, of saying "hey, I am sorry but I really can't say right now. When I am able to tell you I will". And I appreciate it when people deal with me like that. It just feels more authentic. That said, I have no idea what line of work you are in and maybe in your case the way you do it is really the only way it can be done. Completely understand that.

Didn't mean to derail the thread! Carry on....

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the actors were trying to avoid the barrage of talk show hosts and other media pestering them with questions about who it is, over & over & over. Although I'm not sure playing ignorant would stop that anyway.

7. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Yes, I think that is a very real possibility. I also think the initial furor will die down soon enough and we will just bide our time until October. Maybe?

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I mean, that's my plan...I don't know about anyone else. It's not like the cliffhanger is going to stop me from watching my beloved show, so I'm not going to waste precious energy staying angry about it for 6 months.

9. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I'm gonna tell a small story to help put things in perspective for folks angry about the cliffhanger. At least, it is the perspective from which I am coming.

To me, waiting 6 months to find out who died sucks, but I'm not gonna be all bunged up about it.

I'm an avid player of a certain series of video games by a certain developer. In the latest one, which came out November 2015, my character fell madly in love with a very smooth, nerdy fellow who was one of her companions throughout the many quests of said game. He was thoughtful, kind, a little shy... annnnd also, apparently, turned out to be an ancient being who some races consider gods from the past. And despite also being madly in love with you, he feels a need to set the world straight (there are some things mucked up due to his intervention before) which may very well destroy the current world and remake it anew.

The last DLC of the game sets it up so that you are separated and your character is determined to chase after him to try and make him see a different way... to save the current world at the very least, and maybe, hopefully, save the man you love in the process.

Care to take a guess how long it's likely to be before the next game in the series releases? On average, about 4-5 years.

So, six month cliffhanger or 4-5 year cliffhanger really makes the situation seem not so bad here to me. :zombies_lol:

I'm sure I don't even want to know how fans of the "Game of Thrones" book series feel. I don't follow it, but it's my understanding they've been waiting eons for the final book to be written?

10. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Exactly. And I am really glad there is FTWD to give me my dose of the zombie apocalypse in the meantime. Sure, it's not as developed as TWD but I still think it is a great show. I wasn't sure how they were going to handle them being mostly on a yacht for the start of this season, but I am pretty impressed so far.

Side Note: Alfred Hitchcock once filmed an entire movie that took place on a lifeboat. Of course he was a master filmmaker so he could pull it off. However, one of his trademarks was making a cameo in every film he created. So everyone was puzzled as to how he was going to do it in this film. But he managed to do it in a very creative way. I better use a spoiler. I know it’s been 72 years but I know someone would bust my chops for giving it away!! ;-D

#90 Guitarman23, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  11. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Wow. Just......Wow.

You have the patience of a Saint!!

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, 4-5 years would be agonizing! I like this character just reading your summary of him so I can't imagine waiting that long to find out what happens lol. I'm not a video gamer, but that game actually sounds fun. I've always said if i got into gaming it would more than likely be RPG type games, but I don't allow myself to because i know i would probably stay up all night and ruin my life LOL. I went through a Sims phase years ago, and i remember 3 hours would go by in the blink of an eye.

Well now i'm intrigued by this Hitchcock film! Before you gave it away in the spoiler, I imagined him swimming by barely visible in the water as a merman. lol

Yeah i haven't given FTWD much of a chance, but i'm thinking i will soon. I need to stop trying to compare it to TWD. It's the same for me as getting really attached to characters in a book series and having a difficult time starting a new one after it ends. I'll give it another try though...

#92 Jen7, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  13. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Actually, it's funny you say that because at one point he did consider making his cameo be him as a dead body floating by the lifeboat.

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That sounds more Hitchcock-ish than a merman i suppose :)

15. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Yup, RPG. And, yes, can be pretty life-consuming. :zombies_lol:

I was talking about Dragon Age: Inquisition, in case you're curious. It's the third in the Dragon Age series, but the catch is that it's about the world, not your specific character, so you play a new protagonist each game (first was Dragon Age: Origins, then Dragon Age 2, now Inquisition). Your previous protagonist gets referenced in subsequent games and one even made a cameo... so, that's kind of the sad part. My elf who fell in love with him won't be who I'm playing next time around, but you can bet your bottom dollar she's gonna be involved someway and somehow (maybe my new protagonist is working for her, even), considering it's her former boyfriend who's now set up to be at least some kind of antagonist in the next game. :p

I'm also starting to sense a rather unnerving pattern of falling for the antagonists in media, even when they aren't cliche bad boy types. Oops.

16. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

See, but a cliffhanger is a cliffhanger whether you have to wait 6 months, 6 years, or just 6 days for the reveal. The problem isn't that we have to wait for an answer, its that they chose to essentially pause the action and pick up later on a scene where it just doesn't play out well. Even if we got to see the next episode the following week, there is just no way to recreate that tension. I feel like no matter what they do and when it will fall flatter than if they had just shown us the end of the scene from a meaningful perspective.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

That's funny, I'm the complete opposite. I thought it was cool at first now I agree with all the points being made about it sucking the emotional aftermath out, so now I'm kind of against the decision. We both switched spots haha.

18. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

At first I kept saying... no way, no way, no way! Lol my fiancé was laughing at me. I was so mad haha but I've made peace to an extent. Still anxious over who will go (hoping not my man Abe).