Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I think Lydia loses something when you try to take away the crazy

Discussion in 'Episode 911 - Bounty' started by lastcat3, Feb 25, 2019.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

She's only been in the show for two episodes so far so we will have to see how her character develops but I'm beginning to think they should have stayed truer to her comic persona. While comic Lydia may be a little one note she has that edge that keeps her interesting. Show Lydia seems to have had much of that personality taken away.

We'll have to see how it goes but I think they should have stayed with the character that kept the viewer wondering if she was just going to go ape shit on everyone.

2. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I still can't decide if she was just lying to Henry or if she actually wanted to stay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think it's a little of both. She's old enough to remember life before the ZA but she's been living with her mom's way of life, by walking with the dead to survive, for many years as well. She's torn between loyalty to her "family" and wanting more for herself. How it shakes out will be interesting considering that we saw in the previews that Henry goes after her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

If recently unbrainwashed Lydia wants out, she can get herself out. If she is mid-way into a conversion, mid-way is still too much of a risk. These are life and death times. Henry cannot be putting himself and others at risk by going off to rescue someone who may or may not be a damsel in distress.

Why did Henry tell Daryl he understood why Lydia had to be returned, and then run off, showing he doesn't have a clue about the high stakes here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

So is Henry the reason they end up clashing more in the future?
    Was Alpha being truthful in that she just wanted her daughter back, without conflict?
    Didn't Lydia say something while in the cell about them avoiding big groups? Or did she mean big groups of the dead? I can't remember the context.
    I'm just wondering if whatever is to come with the Whisperers could have been avoided simply by Henry staying put? And by them staying out of Whisperer territory.
    Hell of a risk he took over a girl who is obviously conflicted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. yuke

yuke Member

yeah before the last five minutes of the show i was thinking to myself, I guess the Whisperers weren't that big of a deal and that we were done with them story-wise.

7. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I like when she does the crazy eyes haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I really don't like the character of Lydia whenever shes on screen my skin crawls. but that's a testament to the epic skills of the young actress, she is totally believable in her manipulation of the naive Henry. where that will lead remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The actor is superb.

• Agree Agree x 1