Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

If Rick leaves D.C....

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by GreekSalads, Aug 2, 2012.

1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Where could he go next? I was thinking he may travel up the New York area but 2 reasons why I don't want that to happen. It's a cliche location for disaster fiction plus New York is a highly populated city. I'm sure by the time the walkers are decaying to the point that their mobility doesn't even make them dangerous. That will just leave New York as a hell zone of a thousand raider groups. Maybe people worse than Negan. It is a big city after all with a ton of resources to scavenge.

So if Rick and company were to move on again to whatever concludes to the Negan story line, could he go North to the New York area, West to Midwest or travel to west coast, or go back to Georgia again?

2. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I was thinking theres a "big city" story somewhere in the horizon. But then again, theres already DMZ... Maybe they should explore DC a little more. Boston?

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of Rick and the group traveling to the west coast. A journey across America would open up a lot of possibilities.

4. Negan

Negan Active Member

Alaska?

5. GreekSalads

I hear Alaska's nice..

But Why Alaska? The cold would stop walkers but at this point in the ZA, walkers doesn't even matter. Maybe low population risk. But who know's what kind of people Alaska will stir up. I feel they are somehow isolated from the rest of the disaster that there will be a few walkers and vegetation might be low as well.

6. RicksRightHand

Aha, I see what you did there ;)
    What was the conclusion to Nebraska in the TV show? I don't remember whether the gang that ambushed Rick and co. said they were thinking about going to Nebraska or whether Nebraska was a no-go?

My geography of America isn't so great so I don't really know which places they could explore apart from the obvious states.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Just as a fan's wish, I would nerdgasm into a heart attack if they went to Pittsburgh. More to the point - The Monroeville Mall outside of Pittsburgh.

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

That would be pretty kick-ass!

9. GreekSalads

You know what? They should. What was I thinking, without making the location too cameo, I think they can do it right. It's the #1 location for a zombie apocalypse. Monroeville Mall should be fun. It will be like Dawn all over again. But at this point in the comics, I'm sure it's heavily looted.

In the Nebraska episode, Dave and Tony (two guys that walked in a bar) was just giving advice and locations of what they heard from other survivors. Obviously, Nebraska is a bit far from where Rick is at so I don't think they are going to count on it. Rick just wants to find a safe place. He's not looking for specific locations anymore like he did about Fort Benning.

Anyways, back to comic talk.

I would love for them to visit California eventually. It's a new kind of land there and it's where I live :D

#9 GreekSalads, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  10. Jossy99

Jossy99 New Member

I would like to see them go to the colder parts see how they handle it

11. Negan

Negan Active Member

I just want them to meet a community with over a thousand people. It would make them feel safe. But, of course, there would be some initiation. Like for example, they must rid the community of zombie hordes, and, since he would bring a large group of people, he would have to complete numerous tasks for the community in order to spread his name around.

If you think about it, this would be cool. The action would take place outside of the city center, where Rick and co. would be forced to stay until he makes a name for himself.

12. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I always figured the group would head north. Finding something that resembles a combination between Bartertown and Tom Petty's village in The Postman.

13. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

It would be cool to see them go to south America, it would be completely different but I'm really bad with geography so I don't know it's possible

14. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

I'd like to see them in an army bunker or a hospital for a longer period of time.

15. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I agree I'd happily welcome something new, I want them to them to stay where they are for a bit longer though

16. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

I'd like something. I like general locations that would be all over the countries, like they've been at a farm and prison, which are everywhere, they're places you wouldn't think of in a zombie Apocalypse, yet they seem to work well.

17. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Yeah because they both have barriers to keep walkers out I can't really think of anywhere else like that at the moment though maybe like a zoo or something, ah I just realised something how cool would it have been for them to go to Alcatraz they won't now though because they've already done a prison

18. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

A zoo would be good. Even if it was only for a few issues/episodes.

19. RideTheSpiral

RideTheSpiral Member

I have a feeling that's where this Ezekiel buy might be and that's how he got his tiger. Seems like it would be a pretty safe location.

20. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

That would be pretty cool.