Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'll Never Hate You

Discussion in 'Episode 1011 - Morning Star' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 8, 2020.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY agree.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. walkon

walkon Active Member

. . .but what we were talking about was does Darly always see the bigger picture or no. I don't think Daryl was looking at the bigger picture when he reacted to Abraham getting killed which followed with Glenns death. Whether or not Negan would have killed another after Abraham I is up for grabs.

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I’m not saying Daryl doesn’t make mistakes, or that he never acts on impulse. Though arguably since Glenn he has got a much better grip on his emotions.

He’s only human too, and he is fallible like the best of us.

However, Daryl is one of the most observant character on the show and he has always had the ability to step back a little and consider the bigger picture and see it clearer than most. He could see the bigger picture in that lineup too, but let’s forgive the guy who was badly wounded, a friend of his brutally murdered right in front of him and his family, all of them still held captive by a lunatic and his people, and then had to watch Rosita being tormented by the sadistic murderer forcing her to look at the brains of her exlover spread on a baseball bat...Let’s forgive him for losing sight of the bigger picture for a single moment to stop that monster from tormenting his friend, when his only thought was clearly “I don’t care if he f**king kills me too, but he has to be stopped right now.”

The fact it didn’t turn out that way was NOT HIS FAULT. And actually, thinking on it again, maybe he did see the bigger picture even here.

#23 BlackBird, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. walkon

walkon Active Member

Well, he clearly wasn't too observant in that case or he would have seen that Negan was holding all the cards, not to mention the weapons. Negan could have wiped them all out at that point in his anger. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming Dayrl. I'm not sure what I would have done in the same situation. I do find it curious though that Darly blamed himself. This makes me think he might of had a lot more insight to his own actions than we give him credit for.
    Regardless, I like Daryl he's always sticking up for the underdog. . . He's caring and kind.

Now this is just my opinion. . I'm just throwin in a couple more carrots in and stirring the pot. . .lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BlackBird

Daryl ALWAYS blames himself for everything. As an abused child who most likely had to witness his mother being abused as well, grew up thinking everything is his fault, and he never stopped feeling that. He has a terribly low self esteem, and feels his only purpose in life is to keep others safe. Whenever someone dear or near to him dies, he lives it as a personal failure.

I know exactly what you're doing, lol. I'm quite thankful, actually, as I'm lying in bed with a bloody horrible cold virus (not of the Corona variety) and I welcome the distraction!

6. walkon

walkon Active Member

Well blast my ornery hide for teasing a lady while she's apine on her sick bed! I'm for sure repenting in sack cloth and ashes! I'd send a pot of chicken soup over, too, if I wasn't afraid you might get food poisoning from my cookin! . . .I'm sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery and you can smack me upside the head when you are feelin better!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. BlackBird

Lol, thanks. Talking about TWD and Daryl Dixon is always a nice remedy, better than chicken soup! ;)