Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Im calling it, Carol & Maggie will meet Lucille

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Remus, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Mel77

Mel77 New Member

I feel like it will be Carol :
    - Kirkman say Carol was indispensable
    - A lot of focus in her
    - the motherly vibe, her death wil affect the group, but also the alexandrians (more than the others in Rick's group)
    - The fact she was not happy about Maggie being here : I think Maggie is going to be choosen by Negan, and Carol will ask to take her place, to protect the baby.
    - Also because she look like she is tired of this, she look like she doesn't want to fight anymore. Killing people affect her, people dying affect her ...

Let's see if the show lost its nerve. Of course I will be sad to see an important character dying, especially the ones who are here since season one (and Michonne and Maggie), I will be even more sad if it's Glenn since he is my favourite, but if any of them die, I will be upset, because the show will not scare me anymore.
    I think Abraham is a goner too, but I hope it's not the one who took the important death, he is not important enough to be the one.

2. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Carol maybe, Maggie no.
    Carol is one of my people I wouldn't be surprised to see not make it through the season.
    She's one of my faves though so I hope she does survive.
    Maggie will survive.

3. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

If it is one of those two though, it will need to be done in front of the group to have that same impact on them that it had in the book.
    The quick ruthless brutality of what happens in the book, the way it just happens in front of everyone and they're all powerless to do anything about it...

4. Zombie_Penguin

All this talk about her being mother, and her trying to stop maggie from going, her last cookie horrah and a quick kiss with tobin, almost answers ask our questions about the carol Daryl thing, etc. I feel like they are wrapping her character up.i think it will look like Maggie will get it, but carol will step in and take the blow, thus coming full circle. I don't think Glenn or maggie's times are up,yet

#24 Zombie_Penguin, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Ugh I hate to say but I see the logic in this. I will be so sad if it is Carol, but at the same time it would be such a fitting Carol death- sacrificing herself to save people she loves. [MENTION=70142]WalkingBuckeye[/MENTION] said she thinks Carol enjoys survival the least, and sacrificing herself for Maggie and her child would be the perfect way to be in control of her own death in a world where a billion different incarnations of horrific death lurks around every corner.
    If I really think about it, it's probably how I would expect (or want) Carol to go out. Plus (comic spoiler)

6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

WRONG. Say goodbye to Daryl Dixon..

7. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

If it's a secondary character it won't have as much impact. I've searched the web reading opinions on this subject. Some people even believe characters such as Heath or Spencer will get date with Lucille. Their deaths could be brutal, but for the audience, it would be meaningless, just another red shirt. Someone like Tara would be a little worse, she is after all beloved by a lot of viewers, but she's nothing really more than a glorified red shirt. It would be sad if she gets it, but not as devastating as one of the big names in the show. People such as Rosita, Gabriel, Eugene and Denise, are just not going to be the ones to get it. Not a big enough overall impact.

Then you have the next tier of characters like Abe, but I believe Abe has another path for his destiny. He won't be the one. Morgan is an interesting possibility. However, I don't believe it will be him. The overall impact of a Morgan death wouldn't be that devastating to the viewers. At one time it may have, but since he came back a lot of folks have been disappointed in Morgans direction, some people I believe would welcome Morgans death.

Then you have the 2 women who were captured, Maggie and Carol. Maggie's arc is not even close to finishing so I don't know how she would be the one. Sure, it would be a big blow to the group and viewers. Plus her being pregnant would make Negan seem really evil. Carol could be a possibility. But I don't see her getting killed at this point. We as viewers know better but do you think Negan would even consider Carol a threat? Yeah, killing a middle aged woman would be ruthless, but it wouldn't show a sign of strength for Negan, it would make him look like a bully.

Judith would be plain evil to kill, but for the story purpose almost meaningless, except Rick would either go back to the funny farm or be out for revenge. It just doesn't fit the story. How could Rick imprison Negan after killing his infant daughter? So it won't be her.

Rick and Carl are safe, so I won't go there. So that leaves us with Glenn and Daryl. We know what happens in the comic book so they could go in that direction, it would make sense. As for Daryl, he's not in the comic books so his fate is unknown. He could be the last man standing or he could get killed at any time. Either one of them getting killed will be huge, it will be devastating for the group and viewers. A huge impact indeed. So I do believe when it's all said and done it will be one of those 2. My guess, Glenn will get the date with Lucille.

#27 Well Walker, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  8. mfinley

mfinley Member

Somebody will have to trade their life for Maggies, father Gabriel will volunteer and the silence of nobody protesting will be deafening.

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

In order to establish Negan as the most hated, violent and evil villain, the victim(s) has to be a big character and his/her death will be sudden and swift and unexpected. Negan wants to do this to the ASZ people and the writers want to do this to the audience.
    So, this should rule out secondary characters (eg Gabriel, Spencer, Heath, Judith) but this does not mean these are safe and they can die as 'bonus'. One or more main ones (Rick, Daryl, Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Carl) will die to achieve this instantly. My bet is Daryl and/or Carol.

10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Right now Carol is my favorite . I dont want her to get it. I might have to rethink her being my favorite though after her kissing Tobin. She could do much better than him . I guess I dont want her to get it with Lucille nor Tobin.

11. DickGrimes

DickGrimes Member

I'm thinking Morgan or Abe.

12. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

I really hope it's Morgan. I'm so sick of him.

13. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

I'm thinking it will be Maggie. Like others have mentioned, having two babies on set could be unnecessarily difficult.

Plus, if they kill Maggie, Glenn will completely loose it. His character will change so much as a result of that brutality. As much as I love Maggie on the show, I don't think her reaction to Glenn's death would be as devastating or interesting to watch.

I'm just praying it isn't Carol. I don't want any of them to die (well maybe Morgan) but definitely not Carol. Not like this. And she's a guest on The Talking Dead next week... Nooo! I don't think I can watch.

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

It won't be Maggie. She's too important in future stories in the comics, so I'm told.

If it is Carol who dies--and I think it is-- that decision must have been made by Kirkman himself.

And this goes beyond the question of whether Carol's character arc has been completed. Rick is about to lose his best fighter just when he has attacked a much more powerful enemy.

15. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

You really want to know? They'll do a trade. The saviors get Glenn for Maggie and Daryl for Carol. Daryl dies and sees Beth. Glenn dies and sees Hershel. They all walk off into the fictional heaven or whatever.

16. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I was unsure before this episode but now all my bets are on Carol. They came right out and labeled her as the mother of the group so who better for Negan to kill? And then once Maggie has her child she will take Carol's place.

17. Lupey

Lupey Member

This show does not have the balls to have pregnant Maggie beaten to death with a baseball bat!

18. divinitysbreath

divinitysbreath New Member

I think it might be Maggie, too. She's been through so much with the death of her family - father, sister and Glen's several close shaves with death. If Glenn goes, it would break her. I would just hate to see Maggie lose Glenn.

Then again, Tobin's conversation with Carol about her being the mother of the community, might be a foreshadowing of her possibly martyring herself for the love of her "family". She seems tired.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The show has let Glenn have 103 lives to date. I highly doubt they'll turn around and have a man take a bat to a pregnant woman, especially Maggie.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not Maggie for many of the reasons already posted.

Eenie Meenie Minie Mo method - do not think the chosen one will be Carol nor do I think that Negan would have anything to do with "lucilling" a self made sacrificial lamb. That scenario would take the recipient of Lucille out of his control, not something he would be willing to part with. In my mind's eye the larger part of killing someone in such a manner is all about his need to illustrate his control.

Tara? Not enough impact Morgan? Not enough impact Abe? Thinking TPTB want him around for a future "skirmish"

Though it has been hashed and re-hashed not only on this forum but all over the internet, I do believe that it will be Glen or Daryl. As to which one, that changes on damn near a daily basis. What I am certain of is whichever it is, Glen or Daryl, it is going to be heart wrenching, emotional and damn near impossible to watch.