Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

i'm sorry but i don't get this

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Gustavo LaPizza, Mar 28, 2016.

1. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

English is a foreign language to someone whose native language is not English.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Yes I understand that, but he was saying it as if his post was in another language when all the others posts in the thread are in English too. That's what didn't make sense to me.

3. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

The Talking Dead made it clear that Glenn wasn't dead as soon as the episode ended.

This is the first season The Talking Dead has been aired in the UK and I think this has been one of the reasons I haven't enjoyed season six as much as the others. I can't not watch The Talking Dead because I do enjoy watching it but I feel I would have enjoyed this season more if I hadn't watched The Talking Dead. If that makes sense.

4. AAG331

AAG331 Member

He was being sarcastic.

5. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Exactly, that's why I said it was mishandled. They should of just outright said thar Glenn was dead, and have this whole fake 'goodbye Steven Yeun' thing. That would've been SO much better.

6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Oh...it's not as good as arguably the greatest tv show ever? That's a bold statement there.

7. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

Yeah, I think that episode would have been one of the best if Glenn had actually died. Episodes 1-3 were some of the shows best up to that point.

8. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Regardless, Better Caul Saul isn't that great of a show. That's my point.

9. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think the main problem with Rick and his crew is that they know they're bad asses too and rightfully so, but they believe in their hype a little too much and because of that, they've gotten too complacent and comfortable and take way more risks than they should. They've never had a threat like the saviors yet their treating it like all the other people they've dealt with. The group is about to be humbled.

10. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Abe did come upon the group under ambush. It's possible that he was following Eugene in case something bad happened. They didn't show it, but it is a possibility

11. bula412

So you claim that all of the characters are "acting out of character":
    Let's start with Daryl- Daryl is and has been a very emotionally driven character. We have seen this from day 1 when he throws the squirrels at Rick. Then he was going to go after Merle on his own. Later on, he goes out alone looking for Sophia because he feels a connection to her because of a similar experience of being lost in the woods. Season 3, he stays back alone to cover the group during the attack on Woodbury to satisfy his own emotional need to find Merle. Season 4 he tells he feels severe remorse after beth's boyfriend dies on his watch because Daryl feels responsible for everyone. Later he(with carol) goes off after the cross car to find Beth without telling any other members of the group. During season 5, he consistently is going out alone at first to sit around and mope and burn himself with cigarettes because of Beth's loss and a general feeling of apathy felt by the whole group. Later he goes outside the ASZ walls to hunt alone because he is afraid of growing attached to these new people. He's possibly afraid that he can't save them all. Daryl has consistently been shown as emotionally fragile and feels the need to protect everyone. Daryl going for revenge is CLASSIC DARYL!! I think it would have been out of character for Daryl NOT to go looking for Dwight.

Eugene and Denise are similar scenario's. You have two characters who have recently discovered a small amount of courage. I think the need to feel like contributing is only natural and their "missions" in previous episodes are examples of them trying to test themselves and prove to the others that they can contribute. This character progression has been in the works since the beginning of 6b (or before that for Eugene when he save tara).

Carol's new sense of morality isn't that far fetched. She has been spiraling out of control and killing non-stop since season 4. Not everyone is a natural cold-blooded killer. When Carol saw the wolf save Denise, she started to have inner-reflection. She has slowly been chipping away at her own humanity and she didn't really realize it until the pace slowed down in ASZ and she had an opportunity to get inside her own head. Although many of her kills were necessary, on most occasions she has shown some remorse for what she had to do. The two at the prison. Lizzie. Every victim in season 6. She feels that she has to kill to protect the ones that she loves (which is a big group of people). The only way for her to escape was to leave. I don't see how that is "bad writing." If everyone walked around being cold hearted killing machines-THAT WOULD BE BAD WRITING!

Rick and Morgan going after Carol is also believable. Morgan feels guilt for not being able to reach Carol and possibly sentencing her to her own solace. Rick will always feel indebted to Carol for saving his family. Of course Rick will go after her. As far as tracking her, we don't know how far of a head start she had. It has been mentioned that she might have a 6 or 7 hour head start. That is pure speculation. It could have just as easily been 2 hours. Also, how do we know she didn't have to stop and move obstacles like a car blocking the road (Rick and Morgan wouldn't have to stop because the obstacle has already been moved)? How do we know she didn't stop at a gas station or house, etc. to look for supplies. She is venturing out alone. I'm sure she will try to scavenge.

Bottom Line- the claim that these characters were "acting out of character" is a matter of one's own opinion. These people are exactly that...characters. They evolve and commit actions to create what's called a "story." Without character evolution, the story, frankly, would be pretty boring.

Oh, and although I like Better Call Saul, let's not pretend it's television gold or anything. It is slightly above average at best. Unless a story about a guy who can't decide if he wants to keep his job and another guy who can't decide what kind of criminal he wants to be is all of a sudden "ground breaking." Too be honest, without the Breaking Bad connection, this show would probably be borderline to be cancelled. Everyone is sitting around watching assuming that at some point it will get awesome. We could be waiting a while.

*I forgot to mention tara and heath. They left for 2 weeks. It's not like they are just hanging out down the road. They probably have some sort of route that they are taking but it could span hundreds of miles and in this world, they could get sidetracked at any point. It would be near impossible to find them.

#71 bula412, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bula412

Dwight plainly said "you'll be fine" implying that Daryl is NOT dead. So at what point are they trying to make people think that Daryl is dead?

13. Maevar

Maevar Member

One of the saviors said how far away from Alexandria they were when they were questioning Carol. I don't recall, but he said it was so many "clicks down the road."

I think he said 8-9, so she was less than 6 miles away.

#73 Maevar, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  14. Maevar

Maevar Member

That works.

15. Gustavo LaPizza

lol so she was driving from hours and she had just gone 6 miles far? did she open the doors and let the wind push her car in order to spare fuel? :zombies_lol:

16. AAG331

AAG331 Member

You don't know how long she was driving for.

17. Gustavo LaPizza

it takes like 10 minutes to ride 6 miles, com'on! if she was just 6 miles away they probably would have heard the shots from Alexandria aswell.

18. AAG331

AAG331 Member

You also have no idea what time Carol left. She also could've been hiding out at another place earlier, and it's pretty much open to interpretation.

But it doesn't matter anyways, because in order for that narrative to work that's how it had to go down.

19. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

It has been extremely out of character but the writers needed a way to quickly get things in order for Negan's arrival and delivering of punishment.

It is pretty comical to hear Rick say "NOBODY ELSE LEAVE, STAY BEHIND AND BE READY FOR A FIGHT!" when like most of all the skilled fighters minus Sasha and Abe have ALL left already.

20. bula412

Travel is slower in the zombie apocolypse. I guess they should have driven from Georgia to Virginia in 12 hours going by your timeline. Maybe they should have driven to Cali. It would only take a couple days. They could take a little vacation and hang with the FTWD crew. They'll have to keep the bathroom breaks to a minimum to stay on schedule. No bathroom breaks until they stop for gas and smokes. Maybe a bag of doritos or something to shut the kids up