Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

In this season, who is your favorite actor?

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by Elsagao, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Elsagao

Elsagao New Member

As shown in the title .:zombies_shocked:

2. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

This season went all over the place between 5a and 5b. Lots of awesome acting by all of the actors. My favourite has got to be Andrew Lincoln. I think he stepped it up a notch this season. Saying that, I also liked Michael Culditz. In the episode where he's with the construction crew, he takes a moment to gather himself, Idk, that was one of my favourite scenes with him. Then there was Melissa McBride. Its between those three for me.

3. Screaminleeman

4. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Jason Douglas

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

#1 on my list Andrew Lincoln. He 'killed' it all season! I think the scene in episode 15 when he is waving the gun around after beating the crap out of Pete (and having the crap beat out of him) and giving his speech - absolutely one of my favorite and IMO best Andrew Lincoln/Rick Grimes moments.

Honorable mentions:
    Melissa McBride
    Andrew J. West
    Steven Yeun
    Danai Guierra (5B)

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Agreed! He had only one scene, but it was the most masterfully acted of the entire season. I really believed his jugular was slit and all his life's blood was pumping into that trough. Excellent work by Robin Lord Taylor. <3

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

He's a method actor. He switched the fake dull blade with a sharp one so they would unknowingly actually slit his throat. That's real fear in his eyes.

9. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

Andrew Lincoln, Melissa McBride, Sonequa Martin-Green, Danai Gurira, Steven Yeun, and the list goes on. Those are just the standouts to me but really the acting this season was really good across the board.

10. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Andrew,and Melissa were excellent as always. Steven was a pleasant surprise this season aswell. Danai always proving why she needs more screentime! Chad L Coleman showed he had some chops in his final episode ! And Lauren for Maggie's reaction to Beth ,killed me more so then the actual death of Beth. And i got to give it up Sonequa Martin-Green she is an amazing actress! Holy Funk did she surprise me this season! Michael Cudlitz I continue to enjoy each episode he is in. And Tovah,Ross,and Alexandra I look forward to more of Next season

11. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

All of those in the honorable mentions are spot on. AJW was prolly the best guest actor in the series imo.

12. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Andrew Lincoln was just great this season. Melissa McBride and DAnai Guierra are always great too.

Andrew West wins best guest actor. That arc was short but perfect in large part because he played that part masterfully.

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Emily Kinney really impressed me this season. I wasn't sure if she could hold her own and carry an episode by herself, but holy cow did she knock it out of the park!

14. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. She is truly fantastic. Wow.

15. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Lucille O'Ferral

16. DixonBrothersS3

Carol was bad ass from start to finish in this season but I liked Morrissey's small part in the episode when Tyrese was dying.

17. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Seth Gillam - when someone has played a prominent role in another tv series, and then appears in a very different role and is instantly believable, and has you hating his whiny ass, sanctimonious, double standards guts. Thats a good actor. All the regulars do really well, Andrew Lincoln I know from lots of UK tv shows, when he starts out in small parts in other series and gets a steady part on a UK then goes on to TWD, he has excelled, so he stands out too.

Im not sure how much room the actors have with the characters, FG doesn't really do much in the comics, but Seth gives him some real depth, you can't just ignore him. Unlike Noah, who didn't really have any depth at all. Is that down to the actor, or what written for them?

Lennie James, who also hasn't had much screen time, has really made the most of it and everyone loves him.[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

Overall the standard of acting in this show is amazing.
    [/FONT]

18. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Seth is awful and completely miscast. The role demands a male version of Melissa McBride, someone who excels at playing weak and emotional characters. Before you say "He makes you hate his whiny ass and that makes him a good actor", The character is fine and i like the way he's been written but Seth has done a piss poor job of portraying him.

He excels at playing strong characters but weak and vulnerable? He can't pull it off believably. His line delivery is decent at best, his body language isn't particularly awful but his facial expressions? Ugh. He cannot portray any kind of emotions properly and when he tries he's so awkward and out of his range it's just cringe-worthy to watch. I can't wait for the character's next crying scene, or shall i say "EEEHEHEEEEEHEEEEEEEHEHEEHHEEEHEEEEEEEEH". Just when i thought Coda might come and free us of the bad acting on the show this guy walked into frame.

As for the acting on the show, it's very overrated and very underrated at the same time. Whenever an actor so much as crinkles their face the slightest bit the fans scream for emmy recognition but at the same time, actors like Melissa McBride, Scott Wilson, Michael Rooker, Jeffrey DeMunn and Lennie James have been deserving of even the lowest kind of award yet they havent been nominated. Before someone comments about the Saturn awards, they nominated Emily Kinney and Emilia Clarke over Lena Headey and Danai Gurira. Don't even get me started on the Norman Reedus nomination while they Snubbed Pedro Pascal and Charles Dance. It's all about fan favourites with that 'award' ceremony.

#18 TGO, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  19. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

She should be nominated for a Saturn award!

20. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

My favorite this season is Sonequa Martin-Green.