Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

In this season, who is your favorite actor?

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by Elsagao, Apr 14, 2015.

1. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

This season my favourite actors were probably Melissa McBride, Andrew J West and Sonequa Martin Green. Honorable mentions go to Lennie James, Danai Gurira and Lawrence Gillard Jr.

#21 TGO, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

There was a fair few good performances in season 5. At the top of the list, I'd probably have to put Melissa McBride. From No Sanctuary all the way through to Conquer, she delivered very strong performances. It's almost tough to fault her, especially in the back half.

Other than her, there was some strong acting by Danai Gurira, Lennie James, Andrew J West, Sonequa Martin Green. Steven Yeun impressed me a lot, too.

Melissa McBride takes the cake this season, though.

3. jojo

jojo Member

Melissa Mcbride I agree the whole season killed it. Andrew L of course.

But Michael C. Kept my attention as well when he was cast hands down perfect for this role. The writing and his execution of the lines and action. Wonderful performance! Even though I've never read the comics just excerts and panel to screen shots. He just brings it to life.

4. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

Andrew Lincoln, Melissa McBride, Sonequa Martin-Green, Lennie James

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Emily Kinney. If she doesn't win that Saturn, I riot.

6. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Melissa McBride was the best cast member this season (even though she should have died in Coda because there was no where for her story to go. Same with Conqueor). Andrew Lincoln, Steven Yeun (who has really improved as an actor), Andrew J. West, Michael Cudlitz, Danai and Sonequa also did great.

For minor characters, I enjoyed Chris Coy.

7. Swandog

Swandog New Member

Andrew Lincoln.

Danai Gurira and Melissa McBride runner ups.

I agree Steven Yeun was very good this season.

8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'll also give credit to Steven Yeun. Best acting of the season (from a main character - I admit I'd have to see Robin Lord Taylor's scene again): Glenn's reactions when Noah got offed..

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Main Cast
    Andrew Lincoln
    MMB
    Steven Yeun
    Sonequia Martin Green

Other characters (not series regulars)
    Andrew J. West
    Really liked the guy who played Martin

10. AliceInAlderaan

My personal favorite was Andrew Lincoln this season, followed by Melissa McBride, Sonequa Martin-Green, Danai Gurira, Chad Coleman, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Josh McDermitt and Emily Kinney.

Honorable mentions to Lennie James, Andrew J. West (Gareth) and Christine Woods (Dawn)

11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Andrew Lincoln knocked it out of the ballpark, out of the city, this season. Especially in the last 4 episodes, which I binge watched after being out of town and unable to watch for 6 weeks. He can deliver more in the looks in his eyes and on his face than 1000 words. OMG - the male hormones lust and lonelines conveyed in his scenes with Jessie!! And I love how his character has becom "full Shane" in a way: considering whethe to take Alexandria ifhe occupants can't keep it safe, the way Shane considered taking overte farm when he didn't believe Hershel & Rick could keep it save; the fact that the love/lust for a woman he did not want to die who was another man's wife) pushed tem both over the edge. In my book, Lincoln's acting was just brillant, including the moments of cray-cray.

McBride was great, a little over the top. Michael Cudlitz & Sonequa Martin Greene were absolutely awesome. And Stephen Yuen really delivered as well. Norman Reedus was terrific and my apologies, not sure the name of the guy who plays Aaron, but he really bought it !

12. MaggieBadass

MaggieBadass Member

1) Andrew Lincoln
    2) Melissa mcbride
    3) Lauren Cohan

13. Ricktatorship80

The orange backpack. Still alive and kicking.

Then Andy Lincoln of course.

14. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I would have put Andy Lincoln on my list but i still think he's a little overrated. A lot of his scenes he still falls into his old overacting habits and the last 3 episodes really proved it. Nearly every time he had even the slightest bit more anger in his performance he reduced himself to head tilting like mad and twitching around like a ferret. Him, Sarah Wayne Callies and Laurie Holden all tended to do a lot of head tilting in their performances. Only difference was that Laurie never really did it in the first 2 seasons but did in the third (probably due to poor direction since she never does it in other roles), Andy Lincoln however has almost completely stoped doing it (it still comes out in his emotional scenes though) and SWC only did it for a brief period of time.

This doesn't mean any of them are bad actors or that their performances are bad at all, it's just a little distracting and if you take that out they're all brilliant. For me personally, Melissa McBride and Sonequa Martin Green knocked it out of the park this season. Last year it was Definitely Scott Wilson, Melissa McBride and Danai Gurira though. I'm looking forward to seeing what they give Lennie James to work with.

15. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Dooley.

[​IMG]

Still my favourite. ;)

I really do love Melissa McBride's character, and am hoping Carol stays true to form to the end of the series. Also love Rick, as they've taken him through so many emotional twists and turns. I haven't always liked the direction he was going (for example, I haven't really cared for his most recent "kill or be killed" slant), but at the same time, it does make the character somewhat more realistic, imo, given the state of the world. And of course, what would it be without Michonne? The writers shaved off a chunk of her bad-ass character, but hopefully will bring that back to the forefront when needed.

So I guess I really have three favourites (human) and one of the furred variety. :)