Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Incentive to not KOS

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by AlmightyBrad, Feb 21, 2015.

1. AlmightyBrad

AlmightyBrad New Member

Just wondering if there will ever be an incentive to not KOS. Yea pvp is fun. I like the feeling of accomplishment when I just had an awesome battle with someone and beat them with tactics. But this bullshit with people just running up and killing you as soon as you spawn is stupid. There should be SOMETHING that requires you to team up and do something. Instead its...oh I logged in before you and found a gun...bang bang bang...hahaha.... give me that 1 piece of cloth you had.

2. A N T H O N Y

A N T H O N Y Member

S U R V I V A L of the fittest my friend, I suggest you hop on a PVE server and do BR once in a while a lot more worth it and seems to suit your playstyle. :)

3. Tasdaz

Tasdaz Member

KOS is a bit of an issue on PVP servers but that is the nature of the beast. It's funny when people say friendly then turn around and shoot you.

4. LOVELESS

LOVELESS Member

The developers are aware of this, and they are trying to do their best to solve the problem. One solution they're using to fix it will be zombies. They will start to add hoards of zombies so you try to team up in order to survive them. :)

5. ASMS_Leader

ASMS_Leader Member

I agree. Best way to calm down the mindless KOS is by using the zombies. ESPECIALLY by increasing the range they will be attracted by shots and what not. People will be a lot less likely to pop shots, especially in town, if they know they'll get swarmed by 20 or 30 zeds. I've already gotten swarmed because I stayed in an area too long which was cool. I also think they could leave PVP as a KOS wannabe COD kiddie killfest that most of the pvp population seems to want if they'd make PVE servers swarmed with zombies and loot causing people to have to team up to survive and build bases and what not. Different players want different things and in the end it'd be impossible to please all I guess.

6. Unojc

Unojc New Member

Ive had too many say friendly and end up either killing me or getting in a firefight with me. I am one who is always a peaceful person and go the friendly route first but to be honest, times have changed. Due to A-holes Im am now strictly KOS.

7. ASMS_Leader

ASMS_Leader Member

LOL Dude TBH I still play the friendly card. I don't build a base and no real way to keep the gear, IE Global Inventory, so **** it. Lol turd kills me oh well 99.99999999% I'll catch the same turd bag bambi as hell crossing my path bc right after he betrayed me someone, who wouldn't have attacked or would've lost if we were in a group, killed them. The interaction w/ players in game is really what immerses me. :D

8. Kevy

Kevy Member

They have attempted to solve this buy lowering the amount of ammo in one box. I would say its a bit better but not perfect.

9. Aranax

Aranax New Member

Fine the way it is.

10. SuperPantMan

SuperPantMan New Member

If there was a way to spawn back at my base I would trust people more but if get backstabbed then I get spawned in the middle of nowhere with no navigation and get to read a magazine and go afk while my character sprints home, thats if my character makes it back safe ofc. Hardly worth the hassle. I find it saves a lot of time just KOS :)

11. tigeryao80

tigeryao80 New Member

Yes. It is really funny when u hear them telling u stop i am friendly but they r chopping u or shooting at u while saying that. Or when they say they r friendly but when u turn they shoot u in the head. So best option is just run when u see ppl or just KOS.

12. SuperPantMan

SuperPantMan New Member

I also think that when you first spawn there is not much point trying to kill others with a bow or an axe because it takes a long time, copeous ammouts of running and chasing and its generally frowned upon.
    When you have a gun and you encounter a person with another gun then its a different ball game, its kill or be killed. You both have to stay very calm with guns around.

13. Danny H1Z1

Danny H1Z1 Member

I got an idea.. STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE!! TRUST NOBODY HOMIE DONT EVEN TRUST ME!

14. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

As a fresh spawn, stick to the forest like side of the road until you find homes or structures with cloth then loot them. You'll be able to make some sort of bow and a satchel in no time. From there it's your judgment on whether you survive our not. I have to team mates on a PvP server. One is my close friend and the other is some one wonderful I met on these forums after hours of getting to know each other. Find friendlies outside the game and you'll be alright. If you feel forced to be alone, then building a small hut or 1 level base with a few storage containers. It's what I do to survive alone.

15. Northumberlo

Northumberlo New Member

The perfect solution!

I've actually thought about this and have come up with the perfect solution to KOS!

Karma Aggro!

You see, for every player you kill, you can become a bigger target, increasing the aggro distance and aggression of the zombies.

Alternatively, if someone is being attacked by zombies and you save them, it can increase your Karma positively.

This would allow the game to continue normally, with survival of the fittest still a thing, but creating a small deterrent to players who just go around killing noobs, and rewarding players who work together to survive.

The thing that would really make this system work well, is increasing the amount of zombies overall, creating deadly hordes and terrifying situations where players are forced to decide whether to work together to survive, or kill each other to escape. (Just like that episode of the walking dead when Shane shot the farmer so he could make a run for it).

I love this idea and I think it's perfect for this game and is exactly what is missing.

16. Uhzr11

Uhzr11 Member

I cant wait till they add more zombies. It will really punish you for using your gun.

17. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Interesting idea. I think just 1 server only though.

18. donal123

donal123 New Member

thanks for your info all...

19. Lovecraft

Lovecraft New Member

Less guns, less ammo, new players can't make bows until they have a sharp item; should result in less killing, more teaming - that added with more zombies and the danger of firing a shot would be helpful.

20. JohnM81

JohnM81 New Member

you are 100% on the money here