Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Intelligence report

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by tsahi, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tsahi

tsahi Member

Intelligence report for the events of the comm station raid
    FACTS
    1. Nagen group members use a walkie-talkie. They also have strict protocols of using it, including multiple radio channels and use of passwords.
    2. They are well armed with automatic weapons
    3. They have not succeeded in hitting any of our group members
    4. They had a marijuana plant in the comm station
    5. They referred the slaughterhouse as a Safe House. They expected food and weapons to be there, however, they were missing.
    6. The members who held Maggie and Carol, named Paule, Molly and Chelle, were expecting a backup unit to collect them. That unit reported on shortage in gas.
    7. The backup unit was expected to reach the slaughterhouse within 30 minutes
    8. Paula's finger was cut as a punishment for stealing fuel.
    9. Paula reffered to the comm station as "home".
    10. Molly said "We are all Nagen".
    11. Primo said Nagen was both in the house and at the slautherhous at the same time.

ANALYSIS
    Based on the above facts, I have come to the following conclusions about the Nagen group:
    1. The group is well organized, most likely with a structured hierarchy of command.
    2. They have some level of electric power, at least enough to recharge the radios.
    3. They travel the area surrounding their base frequently, and often stay the night in the field, in such "safe houses". They reach relatively great distances from their base.
    4. While well armed, they are not well trained. They do not have military personnel among them, and it's likely they haven't encountered many other groups. It's possible they have managed to barricade themselves somewhere relatively shortly after the outbreak.
    5. The comm station was not their main base, yet it held approx. 20 people. The bikers group was approx. 7 men in size. If they have more such secondary bases, It's possible the entire Nagen group is composed of some 100-200 men and women. The fact that Paula knew one of the bikers suggests it is not much larger than that, as the bigger the group is, it is less likely any two members will know each other. The fact that they had a marijuana plant and that Paula referred to it as "home" suggests they held the place for a substantial period of time with a permanent unit.
    6. The main Nagen base is not very far, if the backup unit was coming from it.
    7. The Nagen group is short in gas, and considers it a valuable asset.
    8. It's possible there are other groups in the same area, which compete with the Nagen group on resources, possibly confronting them directly.
    9. There is no one person named Nagen. For some reason, the group members call themselves Nagens, or Saviors, such that each member can be referred to as Nagen.

Carl Grimes
    Chief Intelligent Officer
    Alexandria

#1 tsahi, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Many good thoughts, but you are way off on conclusion number 9 ;).

And I doubt the back up group was coming from the main base. If that was the case, they probably wouldn't have been low on gas, and I would assume there are many vehicles, with more gas, at the main base.

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

4. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Hey, [MENTION=8159]tsahi[/MENTION], love the idea, esp. of Carl as an intelligence officer! Props for the thought you put into it! I would debate #4 conclusion, though: what makes you think they're not well-trained? B/c they seemed to be operating like a well-oiled machine. Donnie was a loose cannon, but he seemed an anomaly. (And b/c you're gonna get teased for it, sweetie, it's Negan, not Nagen. Ye got yer vowels wonky. Oh, and it 'chelle who got her pinky cut off. A wee bit of an edit and yer good t'go. And I have no idea why I'm talking like Popeye right now.)

5. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Great breakdown here. Someone mentioned you screwed up on #9. But I think you were posting as Carl - who may indeed have this wrong idea in his head. Not to mention the janky approach to the mission itself ...

Don't hit this poster too hard for spelling it Nagen. I've been spelling it Neegan. Let's worry about killing the SOB and then we can discuss how to spell it on his headstone.

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Stop confusing him! He spelled Nagen's name correctly. Gawd! Take a spelling class or something, WalkingBeckuye. ;-)

7. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Negan spelled backwards is Nagen so technically he's right.

8. tsahi

tsahi Member

As far as I recall, they were operating like a bunch of gangstas, charging without order and firing on sight. Not my idea of a well oiled machine, but I'll watch again. I may change my mind.

#8 tsahi, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

"Nagen" is Carl's code word for Negan.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I give OP a lot of credit for using the abundance of clues the show has given (notice he's not a comic reader?) and coming to conclusions about Negan's group instead of it all going over his head, and expecting it all to be laid out for him in an obvious manner.

#10 Jen7, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  11. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

One of the sharper tools in this shed

12. tsahi

tsahi Member

That's what I can understand from the episode. I don't read the comics.

Why not? If they are low on fuel, and can only spare 10 liters for this run, then they'll be "on fumes", as they said on the radio. A base doesn't necessarily has a large fuel depot.

On that note, I think it wasn't established enough where Rick's group gets its fuel, except for siphoning from abandoned cars, as they did in season 2 at the traffic jam.

13. Neuropyramidal

Well, I think the base will have many vehicles. So when something important happened, like an entire outpost getting killed off, I don't think they'd just send one car of 4 or 5 guys that is low on fuel. It would be a bigger response. The base is probably out of walkie talkie range. They must have a lot of fuel if they can afford to have a group of 8 guys on motorcycles driving around, instead of all of them in one van.

14. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

My wife is ALWAYS Nagen me.

15. Neuropyramidal

She's always Nagen me too.

16. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Bro you broke the deal, now you get the Iron.

17. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Whom are you referring to? B/c Paula was barking orders into the walkie-talkie referencing various protocols (complete with Greek nomenclature, nonetheless) that nobody had to have clarified for them. Donnie's the only one charging without order. Yeah, I'm stickin' with my assessment.

18. tsahi

tsahi Member

[MENTION=70142]WalkingBuckeye[/MENTION], I'm referring to the battle at the comm station.

19. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. tsahi

tsahi Member

I watched the scene again. Rich's group was operating in an orderly fashion, like fighters at least somewhat trained with urban warfare. The Negan guys, on the other hand, were mostly jumping off wall corners trying to get a shot. That's a sure way to get shot when engaging inside a structure.