Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Invasion

Discussion in 'Novels and Paperbacks' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

The synopsis sounds like a rehash of the previous book. I thought Jeremiah died at the end of Descent. I might skip this one if he is going to be the main thing they are fighting. Notice they didn't call it the Underground Railroad? Wonder if they will avoid the Underground Railroad lines throughout the entirety of the new novel?

I'm ready for them to be done with Lilly's story anyhow. I went from hoping these books were a sign she would one day appear back in the comics to not really caring rather or not they left her in those underground tunnels for the rest of her days

3. Neuropyramidal

He should have died at the end of Descent, but there was that ridiculous ending where he was trapped in an upside down vehicle surrounded by walkers, and the walkers magically flipped the car back onto its wheels, and he drove off, lol. Sigh....these books are such junk recently, I wish they would end this series, so I could stop reading it. :p

4. lastcat3

Look how long Lilly's ponytail has grown since Fall of the Governor part 2

[​IMG]

Another inconsistency? If they are going to give us a crappy book at least give us a cover of a hot girls backside like this book had. Not only are the books going downhill but the covers are to if they are only showing Lilly from the waste up, lol.

#4 lastcat3, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  5. lastcat3

Unfortunately though Neuro us hardcore fans are doing exactly what they want. No matter how bad of product they release they know that there are people like us who will dish out bucks to find out what the story is for a character that only was in the comics for about three or four pages and likely was only created because Kirkman couldn't decide who he wanted to have kill the Governor.

#5 lastcat3, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  6. boba772

boba772 Member

I am super excited for this! I have loved all the books so far, and this one looks so great! Cannot wait, will most def be picking it up day one!

7. lastcat3

Neuro you think there is a chance once the Lilly story is over they will start a bookline over a different character and one that is more recent than Lilly. For instance Negan or perhaps Magna and her group (chances are probably slim on either one of those characters because Kirkman likely still wants to give them some backstory in the actual comic).

You think they will pick up a different character or will the novels most likely be finished once they decide to kill Lilly off?

I'd probably need to see a different author than Bonansigna to get all that excited about it but I would definitely be game for reading up on the backstory of a different character.

8. Neuropyramidal

Once this set of 8 books is done, anything is possible. There is a lot of money to be made in this franchise, so I wouldn't doubt it. But yeah, I think they definitely need a new author. We just can't keep reading junk.

9. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Yeah; they should just end this series and finally begin the "Jeff Grimes Saga". I mean; is ridiculous that they haven't already!

Kirkman may have confirmed that Jeffrey won't be appearing the the comic; but he never said anything about the second-rate Jay Bonansinga novels!!!!

10. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Don't you mean--"Festering, headache-inducing, overly-detailed, poorly written, unorganized, inconsistent, lazily-edited, junk that begs the reader to rip all the pages from the book and use them for kindling; a much more appropriate use for the paper used in the printing of such an atrocity?"--you mean that junk right?

LOL :p

11. Jmverhaalen

Jmverhaalen Member

I thought the first four books were alright, but descent was crap. I'll buy it since I love anything Walking Dead, but giving full control over to Jay was a mistake. Wasn't that the first book that was entirely his? And BTW that ending was incredibly lame.

12. TWDNetwork

TWDNetwork New Member

I'm not going to lie, i'm super bummed that this book will be based around another conflict with Jeremiah.
    Basically it's going to be another year and a half before we get a new story line.

13. Neuropyramidal

And will the new storyline be better or worse? I think sometimes its best to wrap things up and call it a day. Seinfeld did it. Maybe the Woodbury novels should follow suit.

14. TWDNetwork

TWDNetwork New Member

I actually enjoyed Descent a lot. I was bored of The Governor story line because we knew what was going to happen and it finally got interesting when it became solely Lily's story.

15. Neuropyramidal

Please don't say that. It will allow them to keep pumping out complete crap, and get away with it.

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think this is where I'm going to have to draw the line with these novels. It's almost as if they're laughing at us now and wondering how stupid they can make these books and still have people read them.

It wasn't ridiculous enough for them that Jeremiah survived in the last novel, now they have to have him form a new band of religious fanatics from scratch? It's just ludicrous at this stage.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

18. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

19. lastcat3

I've decided I think I am just going to take a pass on this book unless I hear it is much better than the previous one (which it likely won't be since it sounds like the story is just a rehash of Descent).

20. lastcat3

Neuro I think I am just going to wait to see what your review is of this book before I decide to get it. Alreeady have about four books on my to read list so I think I will just skip this one unless it is quite a bit better and not just a rehash of the previous book.