Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Is anyone actually sad the BO 2 is coming to an end?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by TargetFindersAreCheap, Oct 23, 2013.

?

Did you actually enjoy this game?

1. Yes

70.6%
  2. Hell No

23.5%
  3. This was my first CoD.

5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

During off peak hours, yes Ghosts is dead. There'll only be 500 people in a gamemode like Blitz. With like 3k in Domination, and 11k in TDM.

Which normally, those numbers would be higher.

This is for the Xbox 360.

2. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

Sulq,have you went back and read this thread from the first post? WOW what a giant difference in our opinions about Blackops2 and Ghost.there has to be a "comfort zone" we find as players or maybe its maturity but what ever it is playing MW3 or Blackops2 has a familiar feel to it and we do good.so no doubt next year or sooner we will post how the next couple of CODs really suck and we will post how great Ghost is and the most funny thing about all of this is how short of time it takes for our opinions on these games can change.:nerd::nerd::nerd:

3. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That's how it seems to be with most games. Like take BO1 for example, I'm sure there are still people playing the heck out of that everyday and they're probably really good at it.

Even if I don't generally like the most recent CoD the most, I always play it the most for its fiscal year. Then when the new one comes out I play that one.

This is really common too. People hated on BO1 because it wasn't the greatness that was MW2. Now people will say they prefer that over MW3 or Ghosts. Some people say BO2 was a great comeback game for CoD, some say it is the worst Call of Duty ever put on the market.

I know when Advanced Warfare pisses me off I'll be saying that Ghosts was better, unfortunately.

I'll also be saying that I can't wait for the next CoD because it will be 'so' much better. Basically I say these things when I play because I'm a sore loser and hate doing poorly, lol.

4. MERCURYSB3

I'm a sore loser and hate doing poorly, lol.[/QUOTE] that has to be the "plus" when we go back to the older games we can lose but not as bad as when we first started.last night in Bootleg was up against some really good players in dom game and these guys were shutting down firing lanes took me five times getting killed to finally dig out this player and then keep him from going back to that same spot. our team lost by eight points but it wasn't a bad lose because we made them earn the win.there is still real challenges in the older games and for what its worth still makes you think and focus.:rant::rant::rant:

5. Mjroady

Mjroady Well-Known Member

Lol I generally don't like Infinity Ward's games cause I'm only into Zombies lol, but Ghosts was worse than Modern Warfare to me, because MW actually was enjoyable to me at times. Sucks too, cause my favorite artist, Eminem, had a bunch of sponsorship with the game lol :(

6. Fragtastic

Fragtastic New Member

Played BO2 the other night for the first time since Ghosts came out. When Ghosts came out I bought it for the PS4 and relegated the old PS3 to the basement. As I sat in my unfinished basement on the old couch, playing BO2 on the old PS3 hooked up to the old 48" Sony LCD (apparently, that is where the old stuff in the house ends up) it occurred to me that I was actually having fun playing COD again. What really astounded me was the fact that there were 150k+ playing BO2 on PS3 and less than 25k playing Ghosts on PS4. I realize there are a lot more PS3 units in use than there are PS4 units but, seriously, six times as many online players? I did not realize until that moment (in a chilly basement, on a couch retired years ago, using an 8 or 10-year old piece of hardware on a significantly smaller tv with less definition than i am accustomed to) that I either really hate Ghosts or really like BO2. Something tells me Ghosts will be getting little play time moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MERCURYSB3

went back to MW3 and BO2. these two games have what ghost don't have and thats "personality".been playing MW3 a lot, Infected lobbys are packed and so is Drop Zone. whats so good and a pain in the a$$ is playing against "Rock Star" players. these guys own MW3 know every inch of the maps but make for great games.with the map packs that MW3 added it will be around for a while.BO2 will be the same way, loyal players who will just play BO2 and will make for great games.the developers maybe thought that all players would give up on pass games but think maybe ghost and how it works just isn't what they hoped it would be. thats why COD-AW will have to be so different that it will draw away players from pass COD games.:lol::laugh::pound:

8. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

All this hate on one page. I for one, liked Black Ops 2 more than Ghosts. Here me out!
    Ghosts was good, had better guns and a more refined matchmaking in the lobbies. But, Black Ops 2 had a more addictive tone to it. The game has a more polished level system. The camo system and the addictivness of unlocking that next gun is much more developed than the squad points in Ghosts. It took me 55 levels to unlock all the guns in Black Ops 2. It took 20 levels to buy all the guns and perks in Ghosts. Now you can see the problem and the flaw in this system.

The maps in Black Ops 2 were far more superior than in Ghosts. I like Strikezone, Warhawk and Prison Break, but those are the only ones. I love Grind, Hijacked, Overflow, Nuketown 2025 (?), Pod, Dig etc. Overall, I like Ghosts but don't hate on Black Ops 2 that hard. It's a good enough game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TargetFindersAreCheap

TargetFindersAreCheap Active Member

I can't believe this thread is still alive....Ghosts is horrible yet I'd still rather play it than BO2.....I don't know how anyone can go back to black ops 2....I made the mistake of going back and found that nothing changed. Snipers running around like they are wielding shotguns and camping head gitching target finder bitches. In fact it seemed to be worse. How do you people still play that game?

10. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been playing CoD:BO2 a lot lately and I'm really regretting giving it up for CoD:G. I'm having much more fun getting reacquainted with scorestreaks, EMP grenades (god, I really missed these), the perfect version of Scavenger and everything else Treyarch did right with CoD:BO2, than I ever had playing CoD:G.

Because CoD:AW is following in CoD:BO2's footsteps, I'm confident I'll be playing it for a very long time...

• Like Like x 1
  11. thetacodile

thetacodile New Member

Nope to many boosters playing and lag, lag oh and cheapskates hosting lobbies on dial-up connections

12. Rikthorn

Rikthorn New Member

I find it hilarious reading the posts at the beginning of this thread versus the posts at the end. Showed how well ghosts did overall. I for one am already glad I returned my copy of ghosts, was not worth it at all. Hopefully AW will fare better than it's predecessor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. js85

js85 Member

Blops2 is still very much alive. I'm really glad for that too. It takes a lot for a CoD game to die, and that's pretty evident by the fact that you can still find matches on MW2. I don't think Blops will go anywhere for awhile, even with the new one coming out.

14. jefferson9

jefferson9 Member

Yea bo2 ain't dead. Every big YouTuber is still on bo2. This forum however is a ghost town...

15. muskyking

muskyking Member

it,s funny when ghosts came out everyone jumped on the banwagon even though i told ya all it will suck crap and now advanced warfare will suffer the same fate why?becaue of stupid crap like exo suits a laser gun ect,the coulor in the game looks good like bo2 ,so once again the other 2 game makers learn some basics from tr3 ,but the game will once again be to futuresitc ,stick to simple run and gun shooter games and you will have a hit,ghosts scorestreaks sucked and everything was almost the same blah colour thats why it failed and advanced war fare is just that another yes once again how surprising another shooter game that is futureistic ,this game will fall like titanfall,belive me or not but the sussecessfull shooter games of this type are old school weponds and coulorfull game play bo3 as long as they stick to there roots will be a smash if they go like the others it will be a fail as well...you think im full of it? give advanced warefare 5 months then reavalute it you will see im correct.

16. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol...I'm not even going to try.

17. muskyking

muskyking Member

yes please dont.

18. Stovy4x4ing

Stovy4x4ing Member

I still want BO 3 tho for xbox one/ps4. Just see if it will rock just as good.

I played Bo2 for a while tho other day and it was a blast. It is jsut really hard for me to get back on the 360 . I just love x1 . so do we gotta wait one more year for bo3? I get so confused for when it comes out.

19. BJL717

BJL717 New Member

Black Ops 2 isn't that bad of a game, to be honest. The only thing that I had a problem with was the lag! Other than that, I still enjoy playing this game.