Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Daryl The Typhoid Mary Of The Group?

Discussion in 'Episode 402 - Infected' started by IdSurviveTWD, Oct 21, 2013.

1. IdSurviveTWD

IdSurviveTWD Member

An amazing point brought up by a comic book blog about the walking dead. In the first episode of this season Daryl licked his fingers before shaking Patricks hand than by the end of this episode Patrick is dead. you think though he leads this group he might also be the carrier of this deadly disease/illness ? How else do you think this was brought about ?

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Did Daryl shake the pig's hand too? Because they most likely died from the flu as well. And if it was Daryl you would expect Carol, Rick, Michonne, etc. all to have it as well.

3. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

Maybe all of the original group are carriers, and that is what Dr. Jensen meant when he said they were all infected.

4. IdSurviveTWD

IdSurviveTWD Member

You have a point but after all this is just a forum and this is just a topic that is meant to make people think. Your point is valid but Daryl also handles the hunting. Patrick did thank him for the food he brought back. They said the illness was probably coming from the animals. Also why rick made it point to just use the pigs to distract the zombies.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Dr. Jensen was talking about the thing that turns everyone into a walker when they die, not the flu. It's every human that has that. Not every human has the flu.

6. misspink789

misspink789 Member

omgosh! lol, i wondered why the camera lingered on his finger licking scene! bahaha, but someone else brought up a good point in the fact that hes been around the other main characters way longer and nothing has happened to them. so i dont think so. but its good to know that daryl would be immune to the sickness :D!

7. AndyChicago

AndyChicago Member

Not possible. Remember they were experimenting on the recently resurrected in Woodbury, and they had no contact with the original group at that time.

Also, remember that Rick said he saw a recently dead walker that looked like he had similar symptoms outside the fence. I'm thinking Hershel's "pigs and birds" comment was meant to end speculation.

8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Patrick commented that he ate something that was caught by Daryl recently ...maybe whatever daryl caught was infected.

9. Karl Katze

Karl Katze Member

I heard somewhere that the finger licking was ad-libbed by Norman Reedus.

10. ApocalypseGal

ApocalypseGal Member

He also licked his fingers again AFTER he shook hands with Patrick.

11. Shane's Brainz

I think the finger licking scene was to worry Daryl fans that he might catch what Patrick has lol

12. ApocalypseGal

ApocalypseGal Member

haha....well it worked with me.

13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

When Michonne returned to the prison and carol, Herschel etc were planning the trip to get meds from the vetinary college Herschel warned Michonne that she was at risk if she went with Bob and Daryl because she will be exposed to the flu. She joked about Daryl already giving her fleas.

BUT Carol, Daryl, Herschel, Rick, Ty, Bob, Beth, Maggie were all in close contact vwith the flu sufferers and never got sick.

I don't think Daryl alone was/is spreading the illness but there might be something with the rest of the group not getting sick at the prison. Maybe they are all carriers of the flu. Herschel recycled equipment between patients with no real means of sterilising it. Maggie was all over Glenn kissing him right before his symptoms showed up, but she stayed healthy. Same with Ty and Karen.

OR could the refugees from Woodbury have brought the flu to the prison? Not sure about the time line for this..... Anyone?

OR is Bob the one ? Did he kill the members of his previous groups with the flu?

#13 Toothpick, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014