Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is Deanna Monroe dead ?

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by steveyeun, Jan 6, 2016.

1. steveyeun

steveyeun New Member

I just watched Start to Finish , I didn't see Deanna bitten by any walker , her wounds was caused by a saw <sorry i don't know the proper word > but mistaken by others as a bite . In the end of the episode , we saw the walkers coming to her but that's all .

Maybe just like Glenn, she still lives ?

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Not likely. She had no dumpster to hide under.

3. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I thought the same thing about her getting bit. She fell on the saw blade and walker at the same time. The saw blade went into her thigh, and the walker bit her middle.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Let's see if Tovah Feldshuh appears in the opening credits for 609. If she doesn't it means Deanna is alive.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

First, welcome to the forum.

But no, I must stomp on all off-screen-death-so-it-didn't-happen theories. Deanna had both a saw wound and a walker bite. Even if she wasn't ripped apart by the horde (which she most certainly was), she would have turned from the bite anyway. She is not coming back.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dead, dead, dead

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

So true.

Only on-screen-deaths-that didn't-happen theories are allowable. Because, you know, Beth.

Yes, just joking there.

#7 westwingnut, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  8. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

It's really unfortunate that the Glenn situation and how they handled it led to questions like these. Nothing against you OP.

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

It's as if someone at AMC read all the fan theories about Lori being alive, because we didn't see her get shot and eaten on screen, and thought, "Yeah, that's the ticket! Let's do it again, but with a character people actually like!"

10. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I kinda hate how they did that fake out of Glenn's death, though. What really came out of it in the end? Nothing, really.

11. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

I'm not so against the fact that he survived the horde, but more against how he didn't get a single bite from it. :zombies_confused:

12. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

Honestly! Like I really don't understand the logic.

Literally nothing! They should've just wrote a scene where Glenn escaped similar to Michonne-Heath-Scott and spared us all the bullsh*t.

Yeah, whether he died from the walkers surrounding him or made it under the dumpster, but got bit anyway, the end result is the same. Glenn should've died. But instead he survived the unsurvivable.....leading to successive deaths to be questioned.

Deaths aren't even really deaths anymore.

#12 JohnConnor, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

She was bitten. They used the saw wound as a red herring to delay the discovery of the bite. They wanted to show the reactions of the characters when they discovered she was bitten while in a relatively calm setting.

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

15. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Exactly. I honstly didn't mind that they faked Glenn's death, I just hates the execution. I wish that Glenn would have been revealed to be alive in episode 5, because that would have been great to place his survival right after Maggie and Aaron were embracing each other in the sewer, similar to how in season 4 with the whole prison bus debacle (Even though they screwed that up by revealing Glenn's survival in a preview). And I'm just annoyed that he came back in episode 7, because that just is a misuse of possible screen time for his development. Showing him going on his journey back to Alexandria would have made episode 6 a whole lot better. And maybe it shouldn't of happened at all, because I really wanted to see where they were gonna go with Nicholas' redemption arc, which went straight into the gutter. I love TWD, but sometimes I feel they miss a whole lot of opportunities.

16. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Well yes that's my point: he would've died anyway. I mean I can swallow the fact that he didn't get eaten but the whole Glenn is surrounded by walkers and doesn't get a single bite is very unstable logic.
    It kind of reminds me of this person who stayed out for a few days after getting lost:
    [​IMG]

17. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

If you whiners hate how the show is written so much, why don't you just stop watching it?

18. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Because then they would have nothing to bitch about? Silly.

19. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Deanna is a character people actually like? Sure, I bet there are some people that like her... but she isn't a fan favorite by any means. I'm sure every character has "people" that like them.

20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I was responding to @JohnConnor 's comment about Glenn and the dumpster (where he did survive), comparing it the fan theories about Lori being shot off camera (where she didn't survive).

But yes, I did enjoy Deanna's character. I won't say "like" because she wasn't supposed to be all that "likeable" at first. But her character arc was good; I really felt for her when she lost her son, and then her husband, and in the end she did come around and accepted the realities of the circumstances in which she found herself. She was a smart, strong woman and would have been an asset to the group. I was sad to see her go. And Tovah Feldshuh did a great job playing her.