Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is that it for the military?

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by reddz95, Oct 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. reddz95

reddz95 New Member

This is a question I guess for TV and comic book fans alike...I've been curious for awhile if there were any units alive and kicking.... is that all we'll ever hear from in terms of Government? While most shows have an end game...aka get of the island (lost).... reach earth (BSG) etc...what exactly is the end game of this show? Find a cure? start a town? I assume the US Government has to be there somewhere...in a bunker...out rebuilding... I find it very depressing to think there are no other units out there to save the day or bases operating to help Rick out against the Woodbury

2. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

as far we/the survivors kno civilization as we kno it is long gone

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Well that was the National Guard, I was hoping that Marines would have definitely put up more of a fight. But heck who knows, we could see more.

4. page

page Well-Known Member

I'm not learned in these matters but wouldn't the military have special frequencies on their radios to be in touch with superiors or other army units?
    To me it seems like no one is around, period.
    I wonder if Dick Cheney was brought in to shoot the zombie president.

5. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

It is entierly possible that there are more military units somewhere. As for Rick and Co., not gonna see any anytime soon.

6. Rokassan

Rokassan New Member

There has to be some fortified position or base. The soldiers are too well armed and trained to just disappear. The Government has installations o hide in in case of a nuclear war. If a combat Brigade decides to hold a position or town and dig in a few thousand walkers arent gonna take them out with all of that firepower.

7. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

They don't even need firepower to take out a zombie threat. What they need is a lot of fuel and some armored vehicles with plenty of room to work in. Lead hordes to their pos and run them over with Abrams and other armored vehicles. After a few passes, use bulldozers to shove them all in prepped trenches. Would make for boring TV though.

The tricky part would be clearing houses and other buildings, but it's not like your enemy is shooting back at ya. Would be long and drawn out, but doable.

There are other seemingly mindless ways to take care of a threat like this, but those too would also make for boring TV.

#7 Duzy, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  8. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I don't think that's all of the military... Surely there are more somewhere out there.

9. cwoy2j

cwoy2j Member

That's what I'm thinking too. Gotta be some units out there who stayed together.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Even if we do see more military units, they won't last long. The entire premise of the comic/show is that all hope and structure is lost, so I don't see them bringing in any sort of secure government unit unless they destroy it shortly after.

11. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

That is the one thing that I never understood about Zombie movies; The military just gets wiped out. I could see the military being devastated but in reality, especially the United States Military, zombies would stand no chance. Then again, they have to make movies/tv shows more interesting

12. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

There's a really interesting part of World War Z (the Battle of Yonkers) that lays out how unprepared, untrained, and unequipped the US military is to handle a massive ground invasion like a ZA would be. It's a really interesting exercise in speculative military strategy.

#12 Walker Bait, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  13. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I think any first responder scenario would apply. It's the people hiding in their houses and preparing that are most likely to survive if you ask me, not the guys going out there and confronting like the police/military.

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The random helicopter that flies over in scenes during the first and second season is driving me insane. Who is it? Where are they flying to? Come back!!!

15. page

page Well-Known Member

I think that was a tv chopper if I recall correctly.

16. WalkerAbeSimpson

Same reason the dumb blonde goes out to the lake where the psycho killed a bunch of people 10 years to that day a "real" zombie movie involving the US military would be pretty boring. A couple expendable bases might fall but the entire military wouldn't. It doesn't matter how unequipped they are to fight zombies they're still the worst infantry attack in human history they're slow and dim witted they're only attack is getting people by surprise. It may happen to the groups sent out first but there would still be millions of armed forces on the bases they would be shut down and anybody in the kill zone would be shot on the spot. It would take 10,000+ walkers to even dent a defensive military position and the first higher up with common sense would take over historic forts or a location that has walls that walkers don't just simply slip by.

[​IMG]
    Throw some machine guns on there and a constant patrol and it's 100% walker proof no matter how large the herd is 20,000,000 walkers couldn't bring those walls down cannon fire couldn't even do it.

17. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

If they're as well trained as those poor bastards the Gov. shot, I have little hope for the military. mean Really! I might be happy to see other people, but I would have never let my guard down, much less let someone I don't know get that close to me. I'm surprised the survived as long as they did. I'm a naturally suspicious person (I have a kid) and my kid is who I'd be thinking about when I met strangers -especially during the ZA.

18. raven n

I have a family member in the Marines and she tells me that the officers are useless. They go by the chain of command: trouble is, that 'chain' is knotted to the point that nothing gets done right. If they did this in actual combat, it would be no wonder the military got wiped out.
    Think Gorman in the movie Aliens, then imagine, a WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM together trying to get sh#t done. Frightening isn't it?

19. raven n

I really gotta read that book

20. Machete

Machete Active Member

I thought that was the helicopter they found at the beginning of Season 3?