Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is this the beginning of the end for Merle?

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by nlew, Nov 19, 2012.

1. ZombieHunterTx

ZombieHunterTx New Member

I think Daryl will kill Merle also, I think Merle will do something to hurt or threaten to hurt Carol. I think Daryl will step in and Merle will try to bully and manipulate Daryl, like imaginary Merle did in Season 2. Merle doesn't know Daryl anymore, Daryl is a different person now, he is in love with Carol and I think he realizes his place is with the group. Merle will make mistake of threatening to hurt Carol in some fashion and Daryl will go all Boondock Saint on his ass.

#41 ZombieHunterTx, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

I'm hoping Merle DIES at the hand of either Rick, Michonne OR EVEN Darryl....sometime w/in the next few episodes!

But my gut says I won't get that satisfaction and that should Merle eventually get 'off'd' sometime down the line..it won't be for a long, long time! :(

3. ZombieHunterTx

ZombieHunterTx New Member

Agreed.

4. arroncarlton

arroncarlton Member

This episode was definitely the "the beginning of the end for Merle"... He has placed so many targets on himself... The Governor (When it is revealed that Michonne is indeed alive), Michonne... who he shot. Glen, Maggie. And Daryl of course, who will have a serious choice to make, regardless of if her is the one that takes out Merle.

With that said, I would be shocked if his death happens anytime soon. I see him lasting at least the entire season, Much like with Shane last season.

5. WalkingRed

WalkingRed New Member

Daryl will most likely be the one to do it. Or maybe Glen, when he has Merle down the sights of his gun for the second time and won't make the same mistake of letting him live again.

6. RyanGrimes

RyanGrimes New Member

Not much of a theory, man. You took the comic's storyline and interchanged the Governor's name for Merle, and then Michonne's name for Maggie

7. RyanGrimes

RyanGrimes New Member

Merle is by no means a winner. The dude was so ramped up on crystal the first time we met him, Rick had no choice but to clock him from behind. He was also so delirious from drug withdrawal, the guy was talking gibberish right before chopping off his hand. That's not a winner, that's a moron. A true winner (i.e. Rick), has physical AND mental prowess. If Merle didn't have like three brain cells, he probably could have found a way of of those handcuffs without amputating his own hand.

8. RyanGrimes

RyanGrimes New Member

Merle=Fan favorite?! Main antagonist?! You have to be joking.

9. RyanGrimes

RyanGrimes New Member

Penny and the Gov's head collection aren't good enough for you?! The split personalities of the Gov are the epitome of evil!

10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

No, they aren't.

11. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Hes done more than the governor.. So yea that makes him an antagonist..

12. ggill09

ggill09 Member

I like this theory. I cant remember if Glenn really gets tortured in the books or not. I dont think he really does. And lets not forget what happened to Rick in the comics......

13. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

I also think, that Daryl will kill his brother... but I would like to see Merle as a zombie...and I think it's quite possible...

14. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Everything except first two sentences. Without them it's OK.

15. nlew

nlew New Member

Wow, since I have read none of the comics I would say that I made a good guess then. And I'm not a dude. :Grin:

16. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Fan favorite? You bet.
    Antagonist? Merle doesn't conceal his antagonist actions like the Gov. Rick's group doesn't even know who the governor is yet.
    :Grin:
    *12*

17. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I think that a ton of people like Merle's character in response to those who think that he isnt a fan favorite. He personally does way more than the govenor. All we have see the governor do is look at heads in a fish tank and shoot one army guy. Personally Merle has been shown to do most of the dirty work. I think he last at least until the end of the season if not all the way into the beginning of season 4. Michael Rooker has done a brilliant job thus far.

18. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

[MENTION=4669]Team Daryl[/MENTION], I was beginning to think that no one appreciates a good villan anymore.
    *12*

19. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I may not agree with what he stands for but a tv show without an active villian is a stagnant show. Merle keeps people like us waiting for conflict. I love it!

20. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

I don't think that anyone who likes a character on a show is bound to that character's values at all. I just enjoy good opposition in a story and it's nice to see that others do too.

*12*