Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 100 vs. Episode 701

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Was justice done? Did you like the changes from the comic issue? Or not? Explain yo damn self! ;)

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

It was definitely as brutal, probably more. But **** I wish they hadn't killed Abe.

3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

To the comics yes. It was just a brutal and he really broke Rick in the same way without some of the famous lines. The flashbacks were bearable I guess but could of done without. To the cliffhanger... nah f*ck that. The premiere was a 10 but that was still shit.

4. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I have to say the Tv series version was better than the comic. It was horrific to watch than the comic and seeing Rick that way broke my heart. I felt like what I saw tonight wasn't real. The finale was a good remix of them getting captured by the saviors cat and mouse but the cliffhanger makes it ugh.

5. Gustavo LaPizza

I think they screwed up One thing

They went to two deaths to play a double bluff on people Reading the comics.
    People Reading the comics knew a brutal death was coming and they knew it was glenn.
    So when negan picks Abe in the tv show everyone is shocked cause they expected to be Glenn. First bluff.
    So now everyone is in the mood "Glenn is safe" and thats when they kill him too. Double bluff.
    Except that

Except that due to the unfortunate decision of splitting this in two episodes six months away from each others in the internet era almost anyone tonight was already aware that glenn and Abe both would have died. So the double bluff was almost pointless.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

6. jmobash

jmobash Member

I agree with this and I feel like I (and probably others) wouldn't have been looking for spoilers and focusing on deaths for the premiere if they had killed Abe in the finale. We would have thought Negan was done killing for now. It would have made Glen's death in the premiere shocking. I would have liked them to have Daryl react and punch Negan and end it there in S6 with a threat to the group, then pick back up. Then spoilers might have shown Norman filming further, so there would be some doubt about anyone being killed. Cue S7 and Glen gets smashed in - talk about a shock.

I think it was destined to be spoiled.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What they should have done was show Abraham's death at the end of S6. Have the finale end on that. Then start S7 with the double death Glenn surprise. People would have still figured it out based on S7 filming, but there would have been less motivation for people to discover death spoilers, since they already saw Abe get it, so it may have fooled more people.

8. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Totally agree...also people noticing Glenn was not at filming would have perhaps thought he was just not in a run of episodes...The premier could have still been almost identical in format with the Glenn reveal at roughly the same time in the show - would have been a real shock!

9. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I'm also questioning whether either Glenn or Abe could have been paid to turn up to the filming set a few times to throw people off the scent...if I was one of them, I'd have done it for free (other work commitments allowing) to help maintain the "suspense" :Grin:

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Glenn's death rated a season finale, given the source material and the importance of the character.

Abraham's death could have been worked into 616 or 701.