Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 104 Preview

Discussion in 'Volume 18: What Comes After' started by marsyao, Nov 9, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

2. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It looks like another boring issue.

3. page

page Well-Known Member

Issue 104

Except for the tragic death of thing, absolutely nothing has happened in the last few issues. So much hype was made with the covers of these issues but that's all they are. Covers. Nothing inside. Pretty disappointing.

4. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

Didn't someone let slip that 106 was the real issue we should be waiting for?

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

:zombies_shocked:

6. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

What is up?

7. rabscuttle1

Nothing. Just shocked that you said it looks like another boring issue. I personally like the slower issues just as much as the heavy hitters. The slow issues make the heavy ones that much more impactful.

8. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I don't mind slower issues. I just am not liking the savior arc.

9. rabscuttle1

I think it's decent. Definitely not the best arc of the comic, though.

10. marsyao

marsyao Member

Here is something I found online

#10 marsyao, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  11. ZombieVito

ZombieVito Member

12. marsyao

marsyao Member

It puzzles me that it seems Negan does not really care his followers, even a mafia boss could not allow someone killing his men and allow him to live, especially he has been warned, if he let thing drop, what his followers would see him,and how could his organization work? Or are we in the verge of a big event?

13. Janga

Janga New Member

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of this story arc either. It seems like Kirkman is trying to create a villain to top The Governor... but Negan just isn't as interesting. I am interested in seeing what happens in the next issue, as there is a pretty huge cliffhanger at the end of this one. I'm hoping Kirkman steps it up and turns it around, as the last few issues haven't done much for me, this one included. They need to end this arc with a bang and move on to a good story.

14. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

The saviours arc I think it would translate well on TV, but in the comics it's not really that interesting.
    The last interesting character was Jesus, the rest after him was not so good.

Negan as a villain doesn't say much to me: again, he looks very tv-ish.
    I don't think Kirkman should lose more time with big human villains in my opinion, because we already had that in the comics. In no way, this will even top Governor and Woodburry. There should be new challenges to keep the story more interesting. I take the zombies are not much of a threat, but still...

15. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I was really hoping Carl would've killed Negan. =/

16. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

But we KNOW Alexandria and Hilltop arcs will fit tv perfectly though, specially Alexandria which I consider to be the "farm" of the comics.

I just wish Kirkman would move on to other more original situations: go to the coast, find a boat, a large ship who knows? Set the story somewhere else. I take the group found stability and peace... but the story became very stale to me. Personal opinion only, I will keep reading the comics no matter what.

17. rabscuttle1

Yeah, I would like to see the group on the road. Maybe a big caravan traveling West or farther North into Canada. Traveling a long distance in the post ZA world would pose several challenges.

18. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah they should come up to Canada... then you'll see a real winter. xP

19. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Yeah, Negan never really interested me too much. Kirkman has already did this theme with a leader that controls a group of people which is the Governor. Negan is basically the Governor gone total banditry and even though the Gov was insane, he wasn't as wild as Negan trying to do treat a baseball bat as a person, doesn't care for his own people (he loses a shit ton of men, and treats them as cannon fodder) and just has some pretty stupid dialogue that makes the Gov in the comic sound like a very intelligent man.

I want Kirkman to bring back the real good antagonists. The people that aren't the obvious ones. Thomas the prisoner. The hunters. Those were awesome ones I thought were the best. The ones you really don't see coming.

I am not going to blame him working as an executive producer and part of the writing room for the TV series that's causing the comics to slightly lose quality but I do see that he's actually pretty busy. He is indeed working on the comic, he's working with the guys at AMC, he's promoting his overall product (He did some cooperation with the guys at TellTale games), he's got some more walking dead novels to work on, oh and his new comic as well. Thief of Thieves. Isn't he also working with AMC to get it as a TV show as well? So I can see how doing all this other stuff gives him less time to make the story in the comic richer but now it seems like he's treating the comic as an outline, a storyboard for the TV show. I think he knows that the guys in the writing room for the show kind of outdo his work sometimes and he's amazed by it so he's gotten some better writing experience but I am not seeing that in the recent issues of the comics.

20. Bob Oppenheimer

Maybe it's because this is the first time I am reading issue by issue (instead of compendiums) but I am loving it. I like a super villain, and I am pretty interested in seeing what negan does to our survivors. I think I like Jebus a lot more than michone so far, and I hopeful that negan will be less of a ****up than the governor.

<edit> F'in Carl, I was more interested to see what Jebus learned, now the dynamic completely changes.