Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 111 discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by MrSmith317, Jun 12, 2013.

1. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Ok the time has come...Issue 111 is out and it's good. This entire thread potentially has spoilers so be warned.

To kick off this discussion, I'd like to mention that Negan presented us with a lot of things and most of them are contradictory. I'm starting to like him even more but I'm losing my conviction that he's the bad guy. He can't be all bad anyway...he gutted Spencer...that right there was worth the price of admission.

2. filthyastronaut

Well, he killed Glenn and keeps a harem of wives that otherwise have to work for their survival, though the extent of how awful the work is has not been revealed. He's seems unhinged, but at the same time he knows what he's doing. He's the bad guy.

I actually wanted a bigger death, but I liked that death scene. Once Spencer started talking with him, I knew. I especially knew when he said "you have no guts".

It was a pretty good issue, though. Better than recent ones.

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, we aren't out of the woods yet, but it seems like that death was the one on both 111 and 112 covers.

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I was hoping it wasn't going to be
    , but I was a little nervous.

5. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Haha, I did not see that coming. Poor Spencer, he was sooo stupid.

6. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Think Andrea will care that Spencer is dead? lol

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I know he killed Glenn and by extension Abraham...but I just love his twisted morality. He gutted spencer then asked someone to clean up the body before a kid sees it.

No...she'll probably think the same thing I did...that Negan can't be all bad if he took out Spencer

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Maybe Rick will change his mind on Negan... He did take out his competition- for leadership and Andrea's lovin'. :zombies_lol:

9. filthyastronaut

Definitely, I see no way how what is coming would not end up with heavy casualties, probably on both sides.

10. TechoTactical

TechoTactical Member

Lol, I clapped when I read it.

11. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

YEEESSSSSS!!!!! good riddance Spencer. all this build up to the war is fantastic. and im enjoying the depth of Negan. not just some guy who went completely insane like The Gov, but like others have said hes got some twisted sense of ethics. cant wait to see what goes down when Rick n co return.

now if RK can just take out Gregory...

12. TheILLness

it just struck me, do yall think RK killed off a character most people dislike (Spencer) in order to kill someone most people like in the near future? im still worried Michonne's time is dwindling. that whole, Michonne was smiling and her sleeping with the sword stuff just seemed like more development to prepare for her death

13. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

He very unceremoniously took out Abraham and Glenn, so I don't think he'd bother setting us up like that.

14. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

Spencer always annoyed the living hell out of me, I'm so glad Kirkman finally wrote him off. But it bothers me how he ended like the biggest piece of shit ever, it would have been way better if he actually tried to kill Negan like many fans predicted (and I expected while reading the issue). His character was introduced just to annoy, like TV Ben or currently Gregory in the comic.

15. TheILLness

its just a thought. i do think i sometimes try to look for foreshadowing and that type of stuff when it may not be there. kinda human nature to try anticipate that kinda stuff i guess

16. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

And rightfully so...Kirkman loves messing with us.

17. TheILLness

im glad he went out like the bitch he was. plus you need those characters that arent bad guys but still annoy and piss you off. like you said, Gregory and at times Father Gabriel and the worst of all imo, Donna.

18. TheILLness

that he does. and im glad he does, people who take their craft/art/etc too seriously are annoying. you can tell after 10 years RK still has fun with it

19. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

I can't stand annoying characters but I understand that they are necessary for the story, not everyone can be like Jesus or Tyreese. Still, it would give his character at least some depth if he tried to kill Negan but instead he failed miserably. Even the look on his face while lying dead looked retarded.

20. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

Man, great issue! I still feel like Negan will kill someone else during his little stay in Alexandria, though.