Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 150 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by ltomlinson31, Jan 12, 2016.

1. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

So since the 150th issue is cumming out in less than 24 hours, I thought I'd make a discussion thread for it ahead of time, in case anyone wanted to discuss or make predictors or whatever. The forum has been extremely active lately so I assume there will be. This is said to be a "huge" issue. Great choice of word. I'm excited for this because I f*cking hate it when an issue gets released as early as it can be one month, and almost as late as it possibly can be the next month. Also, 40 pages.

[​IMG]

Rick may slightly injure someone.

@BatmansHooker @HondaS2kXD (yay, this is the first time I've done the second part of your name without having to check!) @and138 @Neuropyramidal @Tony Davis @jwcoombs (always worth the shot) @Walkers_TWD @Jag @TheWalkingHorn @Sharpie61 @RoadWarrior
    @TGO @Taeyeon'sBF
    @Z-Man @Something2Fear @Gaycandybacon @Sco
    @TheILLness @halcyon @shanewalking @WatWD @RickyGrimes @sacrdandprofne @legendx66 @lewh @ImDrunk @BetterAngel @DaltonioSpidey @Moor-Angol @TROR @DietWater [MENTION=10911]Online-Don[/MENTION]

Good lord that was awful and I had to do it a few times since it always failed in my preview and then I went for it one time and it finally f*cking worked. I spend like forever on that. I expect some sad eye-contactless handjobs after doing that.

Also, no, I highly doubt it will be Negan that is the betrayer, especially if we're having death this issue. What happened between him and Rick just opens so much possibilities with Negan and Rick's story. And they're totally going to hook up, so Negan dying now would just be a bad time. I'm guessing he's betrayed by at least one of the Alexandria/Hilltop residence peeps, with Morton being the most likely. If there are multiples, Vincent, Larry and Marco can possibly be thrown into there. Have no idea how Rick manipulates his people (since Negan talked about it) but yeah.

What I want the most from this issue is for Rick to become more of a dictator/tyrant/despot/whatever role. Judging by Issue 152, he'll likely be using fear with these communities to keep them together, because fear keeps people loyal. And I want this to be a long term storyline, and this issue would be known down the road as where he changed. We saw him in Issue 127, where he had him worshipped by his people and he was at peace and didn't want to kill. But since we've also seen people turn on him, Negan basically telling him he's a monster in Issue 141 but hides it, and we've already seen him slip a bit with his temper and his power. He's afraid to lose his power, and he may have to be brutal, manipulative and tyrannical to keep it like that.

#1 ltomlinson31, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

The wait for this issue is driving me nuts ! :zombies_lol: I'm nervous there will be a major death coming this issue,one of those annoying f*cks will probably try and kill Rick will end up killing someone else (fearing for Maggie) and then Rick will lose his shit and kill them. One more day...one more day..one more day:zombies_nosmile:

3. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Either Rick or Andrea is going to bite it. I really don't see Kirkman holding back on the carnage...

4. Walkers_TWD

Yeah I feel there is a big death coming , Kirkman worries me he can be a bit rash sometimes in his choices:zombies_neutral:
    Not to worried about Andrea atm unless she gets back to ASZ real fast , more worried for the people who are with/around Rick

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Should I wake up early and buy the issue on Google Play so that I can read it shortly after I open my eyes tomorrow morning, even though I will be paying for the paper version four times over tomorrow evening anyway?

Of course the answer is yes, but I feel like I want some support in this decision.

6. ltomlinson31

Yes. Absolutely.

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks! I'll do that. :p

8. ltomlinson31

I'm not sure who it can be. Andrea I am worried about after Rick talking about her a few issues ago, but she is at a relatively empty Hilltop and they don't know anything about the fair incident. The story would have to suddenly shift for it to make sense, and I'm more interested in what's happening at Alexandria. With Rick, there is just way too much story to tell. They didn't set up his talk with Negan and the frictions between him and community members just to kill him off here suddenly. With Maggie, there is a lot more to tell after Gregory's execution, unless she dies and a power vaccum happens and the Hilltop just descends into anarchy, but I can't see that just yet. I can see her being put in danger this issue though. I already talked about Negan. None of the other major characters really make sense either.

#8 ltomlinson31, Jan 12, 2016
  9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I agree that something like this will probably happen. Because since the time jump and "A New Beginning," the presumption has been that the arc is about rebuilding society. But really, if the story was about that, then there wouldn't have been a time jump and we would have seen the society being built. At this point, it is about maintaining society and what it will take to remain "civilized." And if we think about the history of the world, a lot of terrible, brutal things have been done in the name of preserving civilized societies from those who would seize or destroy them. So yes, I think we might see Rick follow a path in which he compromises his ideals or loses his way while trying to maintain the good he has built.

10. Walkers_TWD

Maggie is the one I fear most for this issue, she said something back in 149 that feels like a big red flag. She is talking with Brianna who feels something bad is about to happen and Maggie doest want to leave til Rick comes up with a plan or something . Feels like obvious foreshadowing something bad will happen to her. Not worried much for anyone else currently, although little Anna best hope Lydia doesnt find her note she left Carl :zombies_lol:

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

The cover to #153 has been released. Someone who is not sneakily using their computer at work should make the thread.

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think Negan is going to be in charge of the Saviors again. But this time, he will be on Rick's side, as Dwight seems to be chickening out, and can't seem to remember his wife's name.
    As for a major death, I think Andrea, as we already had the fake out (sort of) with Maggie. Maybe someone tries to kill Lydia, and in the process of trying to save her, Andrea gets killed. Maybe Marco does it.

13. Keiran

Keiran New Member

Spoilers:

@BatmansHooker @HondaS2kXD @and138 @Neuropyramidal @Tony Davis @jwcoombs @Walkers_TWD @Jag @TheWalkingHorn @Sharpie61 @RoadWarrior
    @TGO @Taeyeon'sBF
    @Z-Man @Something2Fear @Gaycandybacon @Sco
    @TheILLness @halcyon @shanewalking @WatWD @RickyGrimes @sacrdandprofne @legendx66 @lewh@ImDrunk @BetterAngel @DaltonioSpidey @Moor-Angol @TROR @DietWater @Online-Don

(Repeated tags on first page as I thought you might be tagged because you like/want spoilers), if not, don't read the spoilers and I'm sorry!

#13 Keiran, Jan 12, 2016
  14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

The issue was okay, but I felt it came across as pretty rushed, and didn't really offer anything new. I wasn't really expecting anything huge, but yeah, this issue pretty much just solidified anything the last issue offered.

That said, there's plenty of plot progression that's been set up for the next few issues.

15. TROR

TROR Member

Thanks for the mention. Going to have to avoid this thread until tomorrow tho once I finally am able to read it.

16. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I'll post my thoughts on the issue sometime tomorrow. But for now... Atta boy, Rick.

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Stayed up late tonite to buy it after midnight. Good issue. Maybe a cornerstone issue, birthing a new path for Rick. He definitely made an enemy of the Rose's son. It will be interesting to see if that gets developed.

And come on...Lydia is totally going to end up pregnant. ;)

18. Neuropyramidal

One thing I was kind of disappointed in [albeit prematurely], was Gabriel. Rick was standing up on a pulpit advocating the annihilation of another group, and Gabriel's face looked happy. This might have been a good time to bring in Gabriel as a monkey wrench. The leader of an opposed faction, maybe? Or something more sneaky? But he looked happy.

19. ltomlinson31

His face looked like he was getting a blowjob.

20. Neuropyramidal

Or at least had just scratched in pocket pool.