Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue #153 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by PhireFox, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PhireFox

PhireFox New Member

Well the moment we all knew was going to inevitably happen happened in issue 152:

.. But where does that take the story?

The comic is on Google Play as far as I can tell. Haven't bought it yet but I will update my thoughts when I get my hands on it!

Anyone have it now and want to add some juicy spoilers? :zombies_lol:

#1 PhireFox, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Tried to buy it this morning, since it's usually available at that time for me, but nope. Still on pre-order. Stahp it, Google Play. Ya killin' me.

3. PhireFox

PhireFox New Member

Damn, looks like I will be on my phone periodically during class in the morning to see what happens!

:zombies_blush: A 12:00AM release and memorable story moments is all I want in an issue, is that too much to ask for?

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Just read the issue. Interesting Negan issue. ;)

5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Just read. Good issue. Figured Negan would kill that kid. I liked how he did it. I wonder where he is headed now.Rick seems to be panicking inside... judging by next cover and what we saw here I hope Negan didn't create more problems. As a last thought I also like seeing Magna and her interactions with what's left of he group. Hopefully she starts to have a bigger role. I fear for Aaron and Michonne.

6. Neuropyramidal

I think its best not to pre-order it. I've discovered that if I preorder it, it stays on pre-order even after it becomes available. If you wait, and order it at midnight, after it becomes available, then you can read it right away.

7. Neuropyramidal

Whelp, something tells me Negan and Lucille will celebrate their reunion soon.

[​IMG]

Does this mean the possible death of Dwight? Will Dwight die in battle, and Negan reclaim Lucille that-a-way?

And having the whisperers battle Rick to bring about death for both of them was only Brandon's plan, according to Negan. So I wonder what Negan's plan is. Does he want to lead the whisperers? Is it theoretically possible he is going to gather intel on the whisperers, pretending to be their friend, and bring this intel back to Rick, thinking in his twisted way, that this buys Rick's trust? Does he want to take a few members of the whisperers army back to ASZ for an ambush?

And I think Rick was pretty short sighted by just immediately assuming Negan was not still in the safe zone. Plenty of places to hide. Basements, attics. The first thing I would have done is an organized sweep of the entire zone, inch by inch. Assuming he's not there is a good way to get your throat slit.

And I wonder, will Connie and Kelly cause some problems? Maybe even side with Negan in some way?

And what the hell, Paul?? What the hell?? But Rick is feeling guilty and responsible for Paul's actions against Marco, by building up the whisperer aggression so much.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't actually pre-order it. It did that thing where the button says "buy," but then when it's clicked claims it's only available for pre-order. Done this a couple of times now, but it was fixed by the time I got off from work.

Anyway, it was a good issue. I can't help but wonder though, why Rick chose to share information on Negan's escape with Michonne, Aaron, and the people guarding the gate, but not Jesus. Maybe with Maggie, Andrea and Carl gone, he wants to make sure there's someone extremely capable in Alexandria in case of an attack, but you'd think he'd be more likely to choose Jesus to go with Michonne than Aaron, right?

The Negan panels were brilliant.

9. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe Jesus was off doing something right then. He would have been a better choice.

10. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Jesus and Eugene were helping Marco to the infirmary.

11. Neuropyramidal

ah, right.

12. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Good issue ! I knew Negan was gonna Kill that kid,when he said Am i gonna have to kill you? I can't help but feel Dwight will drop Lucille being swarmed or something and that's how Negan will get it back. Or picked up by a Whisperer,since I think that's where he is going.

Probably my favorite part was seeing Magna put Connie and Kelly in their place. I thought Kirkman forgot about them nice to finally see them :zombies_lol:

13. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I honestly think we are witnessing Negan's farewell arc. If anyone is going to be killed between Dwight and Negan I think it will be Dwight killing him. Negan going back and rounding up a group to go fight Rick again would be too repetitive. Negan also is really only that dangerous when he has people following him. As of now he has no one following him and I seriously doubt they will spend two to three years worth of releases getting another group to follow him just so he can go fight Rick again and be killed off in issue 200.

I'd say he will try to go off on his own. Alexandria will continue to track him down. Eventually find him and then execute him. Either that or he helps Rick finish off the Whisperers and gains a little bit of trust from Rick.

14. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Also we finally have a defined answer for how long the timeskip was and how old Carl and Sophia are.

In this issue Maggie said Brianna's son was fifteen. Back in Volume 20 when Maggie and Brianna first met she mentioned that he was twelve. Sophia was said to be 10 during volume 20 so she would be 13 now. If I remember right Carl was a year younger than Sophia he'd be 12 now (definitely looks older than a 12 year old but oh well). When Carl, Lydia, and Andrea come back to ASZ I think they need to put Lydia right smack in that cell where Negan used to be. Lydia is having sex with a 12 year old when she is 16. That is like a junior in highschool having sex with a sixth or seventh grader.

Thing I was happiest about was they finally gave Magna's group some development. About time.

#14 lastcat3, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  15. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I don't think Dwight will be the one to kill Negan. I think Maggie will bash his brains in with Lucille. Both ways work for me, would be just as satisfying to see Dwight ruin him with an iron.

16. Neuropyramidal

Eugene also said on the radio it had been 3 years since he arrived at ASZ. Its been a few months since the time jump, according to Magna, so perhaps the time jump was 2.5 years or so, if a few months passed between Rick first arriving at ASZ, and the time jump.

17. PhireFox

PhireFox New Member

I bet my butt Negan is trying to figure out a way to earn Rick's trust, his complete trust and nothing less. What better way to earn that, than perhaps do something about his current big threat?

Post-edit:

Also, what a great ending panel! Damn Negan, you never seem to let me down. By far my favorite character since Something to Fear.

18. jojo

jojo Member

Eugene has me nervous talking to that guy on the radio. I don't trust him. I think Negan will get killed soon. Maybe he stumbles upon the whisperes and they do away with him.

Maybe Aaron and Michonne find him he kills one of them maybe Aaron and Michonne gets the upper hand and finishes off Negan. But Dwight with Lucille just screams Negan come find me good issue.

19. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

lol. I forgot what day it was and was really excited to buy the issue at midnight a day late. Rofl.

Thoughts:
    1. Dwight talking about Lucille so close to her (speculative) tearful reunion with Negan makes me hopeful that Negan will take Lucille and beat his bitch ass to death with her.
    2. I f*cking love Negan. He is so awesome.
    3. While he still has his own voice, I've noticed when I read Negan's lines in this issue they sound a lot more like JDM's Negan. Lol.
    4. NEEEEEEEGAN!!!

20. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

"FALL IN LINE OR FALL IN A ****ING WELL" I rarely OMG BUT OH MY GOD AWESOME!