Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by tink, May 8, 2017.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

We are going to the advanced screening on the 7th - can't wait!!

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Oh I'm super jealous @southernlady !!!

I really want this to be good. I have my doubts (just like I did with The Dark Tower), but I want it to be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. southernlady

We must keep the faith @tink! It will be an awesome movie :)

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

They showed a trailer during this week's episode of Preacher - it was Eddie going by the house on Niebolt street, I believe. Scary clown talking to him from behind a bunch of balloons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. southernlady

I think Bill Skarsgard is going to kill the part - he looks scary enough!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. stellabelly

stellabelly New Member

I just watch it SCary... very scary.. I love horror movies.. I can watch it.. thinking how kids do such kind of Act.

7. southernlady

Tonight!!!!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

WOW!!!

It was amazing! @Neuropyramidal , this one you will not be disappointed with.

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I have not a soul that will go see this movie with me, and I can't bring myself to watch it alone. :eek:

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Oh, @PepperAnn , you HAVE to go!! It was everything I wanted it to be. And there was none of the campiness that Time Curry's Pennywise had (which I liked, don't get me wrong, he was the only worthwhile thing in that miniseries), this ****er was just scary!

I actually might have to go again, that's how good it was.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I can't do scared alone!

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Make @Jama or @Neuropyramidal drive to your state and attend with you! What good are these men on our forum if they won't do what we want?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Damn, I never get notifications anymore when someone mentions me.

Anyway, I saw It the other day and really liked it. I was hoping for slightly more of a 'Stand By Me' coming of age type feel, but it was close enough. I felt like that aspect kind of got drowned out by putting in a scare in almost every scene, but I really enjoyed the movie and I can see why its getting so many good reviews, especially for a horror film.

The only part I was slightly disappointed in was the rock fighting scene lol. I suppose it was fine, but did they not guide the actors on how to act when getting hit in the head with rocks? They were throwing rocks larger than baseballs and they'd plonk right off a person's head, who would respond by just looking confused for a second LOL. Come on, a baseball size rock hitting you at high speeds....you'd have a good chance of a cracked skull....:p

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I agree about the rock fight - it was kind of the same in the book too, but at least in the book you couldn't see the fist-size rocks hitting them in the head.

Still though, it was a very good movie, after the horror that was The Gunslinger, I was worried.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Loved the movie. I'm a big fan of the novel and I'm usually very critical about movies based on books, but this was great. Skarsgad was really scary as Pennywise and the kids just played their parts really good.
    I will miss the kids in part 2, I hope, they find fitting grown up counterparts for them.

16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

As I think back on this movie, the only real misfire for me was the casting for Henry. That kid wasn't authentically menacing and scary like Henry needed to be.

Although it probably doesn't help that I see most of those kid villains in every King story as being played by Kiefer Sutherland.

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They probably could have done better casting there. I enjoyed the film though. It's often such a tough cross over from King's novels to the screen. I'm concerned though that Part 2 is going to come up short with them as adults. Perhaps a long 3 hour film where you weave in both time periods would have worked the best. Probably would have been too much to tackle though and display in a coherent way.