Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Its like they forgot about Sam

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Kill Judith, Nov 30, 2015.

1. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

it reminded me of the Home Alone movie, looks like they were forgetting all about him until he opened the door. Jessie is such a great mom, lol.

2. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

As much as they should have done that, we know that's not something they would have done. But, what about Deanna doing something of that nature to save everyone else? In the end, she ended up taking out 3 or 4 walkers and is now about to get ingested by the rest of the herd. Maybe she could have done something heroic to draw a large portion of them away from the house and helped the rest of her people to escape.

3. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

For a moment I thought Sam was going to go Lizzie on everyone, do something psycho instead of Ron, maybe Ron drops the gun or something along those lines to get Sam a gun. I mean the whole Tiptoe Through the Tulips (look at the flowers Lizzie) and the monster thing when everyone was dressing up like monsters I could see Sam being like "you're all monsters die motherf*ckers!". I mean he wouldn't say that exactly but that family is not right. Those kids are half porchd*ck and the rest Jessie plus family violence history. Let's hope whats-her-name survives that Wolf kidnapping she can give them all therapy sessions.

4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

That family is screwed DarkRosenberg. Jessie despite coming around as of late to the reality of the world and getting tougher has only done so due to Rick's presence. She's a weak mother and was the side piece to a weak, abusive father and the family is reflective of that.

She doesn't seem connected to those kids at all. The older one is a school shooter type and the younger one has the mind of a small child.

At this point there's not really a solution for them without lots of therapy and they don't have time for that, which is why I said I'd have weighed my options and handled the sam situation much better, even if the only option was leaving him behind.

5. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

The ants liked her cookie, though.

6. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

JESSE IS BECOMING LORI!

"Where is Sam?"

"He's in the house."

7. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

It did appear like they forgot about Sam until he barged in but it looks very intentional to me and to be a recurring theme with his character. He is way too naive for the situations he keeps stumbling into, and its traumatizing for him each time.

We can pretty safely assume that Sam walked in on his father abusing his mother at times and we saw how he was upset out it. Sam walked in on Carol stealing the gun from the armory and she scared the crap out him by threatening to feed him to walkers. He walked in on his mother after she killed the female Wolf. Now he questions whether his dad turned into a monster and whether his mother will too because they killed someone. Finally, he walks in on his mother dressed as a "monster" all leading up to them leaving the house and him checking on her to make sure that she isn't really a monster... "mom?" All of this will lead up to his breakdown at the worst possible time.

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Watching the way Jessie acts around Sam, I have two theories as to why Sam always turns to Carol for help:

1. All the Alexandrians knew Pete was beating his family, but they didn't stop him.

2. Sam, to Jessie, is the anchor that weighed her to an abusive husband, so outside the standard mother and child obligations, she wants nothing to do with him.

9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I know there was a lot going on, but it sure looked like she forgot all about him. I mean, not only is that 1 of only 2 kids, but he was playing that music they could all hear thru the door. Just imagine him opening the door to a bunch of walkers and everyone gone, the hands go to the sides of his face as he screams...

10. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

11. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Now a days everybody wanna talk like they got something to say but nothin comes out when they moves their lips just a bunch of gibberish and motherf*ckers act like they forgot about Sam...

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's the fate in store for Maggie's kid. That, or being left on the car roof when they all drive off somewhere.

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Berry

Berry Member

Definitely think this was the airplane scenario. Jessie gets over her own shock, gets herself ready, then goes to get Sam. Sam just came out a little soon...

Experienced parents usually do a "head count" before going anywhere, making sure they know where everyone is. Parents are NOT constantly thinking about the kids, or they couldn't accomplish anything. Thinking about the kids happens naturally at "junctions" in the day. Wake up, meal times, leaving work, leaving the house, bed time, etc.

A lot of kids don't allow their parents to "forget" about them since they're underfoot all the time.

Jessie didn't forget about Sam, it was just more interesting to have him come out of his room into that scene.

off topic..

Did anyone else notice they all looked like they were wearing Baptismal robes in those sheets...

15. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

They should have tossed that boy to the walkers as a distraction. He is useless and as good as dead anyway.

16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

This is what I think everyone should carry around with them: a poncho and a canteen of walker blood.

Imagine what Glenn and Nicholas could have done with this cloaking device. Ran to the end of the alley, hid behind the dumpster, put on the poncho and poured walker blood all over. Then, they just walked out of the alley. When they were walking, Nicholas began to panic and said, ''Glenn...Glenn....'' and he got munched.

17. ivegotredonme

ivegotredonme New Member

Jessie needs to step away from her redneck metal work for a start, it's all she seems to bloody do. If my kid was hibernating in his room with an epically greasy fringe, listening to tiptoe through the window for what appears to be relaxation purposes, i'd be helicopter parenting like mad.

18. leftfield89

leftfield89 Member

Sam reminds me of this kid...

[​IMG]

19. Berry

Berry Member

[MENTION=14731]leftfield89[/MENTION] Is that Calliou? (not sure how to spell.. pronounced ki-you).

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem we run into on the show from time to time is that in critical situations they don't use some of their old tricks to get out of situations. When Michonne and Glenn's group peeled off from Rick in Thank You,they should have used the walker guts trick. They were already slowed down due to injured people at that point and had even freshly killed some walkers.