Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jadis: comic spoiler

Discussion in 'Episode 810 - The Lost and the Plunderers' started by Gboswell21, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Gboswell21

Gboswell21 New Member

Could Jadis possible return as Alpha from the Whisperers?

2. Reina

Reina Active Member

Ugh. It's still very much, very much, soooo very much premature.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

She's a character who was introduced on the show and not in the comics. So they can do anything with her from this point. But I don't think she will go from the trash heap to wearing walker skin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sully

Sully Active Member

It'd be a stretch but if they wanted to make it work they could.

At best though I see her as maybe Beta or maybe a third in command.

To be Alpha she'd need a kid too right? And I don't know I think having history with Rick would almost ruin that relationship between them and The Whisperers, not make it more interesting. Also wouldn't that make Negan going under cover to cut off her head kind of hard to do as well if it's Jadis?

Then again after Rick basically left her to die it could definitely thicken that rivalry.

I'd rather not see it. Won't ruin it for me if it does happen, but I think they can do better.

#4 Sully, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Been of the belief that Jadis is Alpha since her introduction and this seems like a big step in that direction.

I'm still expecting 8x16 to end on a flash forward to the community fair with Jadis among the fair goers - bald and speaking English fluently to a fair vendor (Just like Alpha did in the comic).

A 2 year time jump is plenty of time for her to reinvent herself as a Whisperer leader AND we last left her alone likely reflecting on her hatred of both Rick and Negan - her motive for season 9.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Not anymore. That arc was dependent on Carl.

I think it's possible that we see a variation of the whisperers led by Jadis. I think it would be stupid at this point. But I think it's safe to say we haven't heard the last of her, either way.

7. josephmitchell1

I can see her coming back later in this series with a redemption arc, and then dying, just as people have stopped hating her as much. I can imagine there being a big old mess and a minor character being sent off to take Judith to safety, then we see them running into trouble and see them get killed, and we'll be made to assume Judith is dead too, then next episode we'll see Jadis carrying Judith to safety and all will be well. Then she'll die.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think he might have caused her to go nuts for real. Not saving her, I think Jadis might be the Whisperer or end up being a villian of some sort.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

After Carl talking with his dad about helping and getting along with others, why didn't Rick help Jadis get away?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sully

Sully Active Member

I don't think it was dependent on Carl, I also think the Whisperer storyline isn't as strong without it. Otherwise why would they cross their territory again?

I think Carl an be replaced in that arc. With Enid maybe, or Henry, or even Judith defending on how developed her character becomes after the time jump. She looks to be about 5 so that might be a stretch, but either way it's a part of the storyline that I think is necessary.

Jadis can still be involved. Just not as the leader. I think it'd make the story better if she pops up as one of Alpha's lieutenants, but worse if she is Alpha herself.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Maybe because she tried to kill him 2 or 3 times??? He's obviously not forgiving Negan either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but am I the only one who was amazed (and grateful) that after the heapster slaughter Jadis actually began speaking in complete and coherent sentences?!?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I totally thought she was going to throw herself in the grinder. PRetty ingenious way to dispose of walkers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Me too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Guys. All of this Alpha talk and Whisperers really belongs in the spoiler box.

At least the title should be edited to show that this is spoiler material. I have tripped into so many other comments that I already know there is something in the comics about Whisperers, but maybe other people don't know at all and would be grateful for it to be kept under wraps.

16. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I said after Jadis and the Scavengers first appeared that they could become the TV version of the Whisperers, as Jadis told Rick how hard it was to survive in this world, and they might have to "change".

I also thought a good plot idea was for Jadis and the Scavengers to join Rick's Alliance and aid in his victory over Negan, but Rick betrays them; perhaps Rick promised the Scavengers could move into Alexandria, but they frighten the townspeople, so Rick forces them to stay in the dump. So one one day they vanish and return a year later as the Whisperers.

17. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I say this, I liked the idea of them being the whisperers before Simon killed them all. Now it means she would need to go find a new group and start over.

She could lead a different version of the whisperers. A different group that takes some ideas from the comic whisperers but with a different twist and different arc.

They have done that before with other groups.

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I would not have thought Jadis can put up with eating applesauce which is so much like the grinded meat of her friends, texture wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Reina

Reina Active Member

When a woman is hangry, angry and beside herself, there's no boundary.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Rocky

Rocky Member

I wondered about the apple sauce too.

It just seems a bit random not to have had some sort of significance. I wouldn't know what though.

I just kept thinking back to when Aaron first met Rick and Co' on the road and them feeding Judith home made apple sauce.