Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jessie FB scenes were so cheesy it made me cringe

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Ania, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Ania

Ania Member

When she died, he saw the "high" points in his life with her. It just seemed so artificial and forced to me...Worst part of the episode for me

2. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

It was the only bad thing in this episode, thankfully it was only for a few seconds. Besides we all know Rick was thinking about the time when Jesse gave him a "haircut" :zombies_lol:

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The flashbacks were not good.

They reminded me of the same gadget in Star Trek VI. The original theater release version did not include them, but they were put back into the DVD version.

ETA: For that matter, none of the deleted scenes made the movie better when added back in.

#3 westwingnut, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

If it were real, Rick's flashbacks would've been her boobs and her ass.

5. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I saw FB and thought Facebook? Huh? :zombies_confused:... duh... Anyway, I didnt think they were that bad... how they went red when she was dieing... No?... k...

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

If anything those flashbacks seemed like it was Rick finally waking up from his "fantasy" and realizing "I gotta cut this bitch to save my son."

7. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I wish the death scene was in real motion and not slow motion. It lost a bit with that and the fact it was at night.

I wish it had happened during daylight. Never mind, she's gone.

8. Sixchr

Sixchr Member

This was also my only complaint about the episode. In the comics they made eye contact and she was aware of what he was doing the entire time. I think that would have been much better than the flashback stuff they did.

9. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Yes, the FB stuff was odd. I don't recall that ever being used before.

10. DaltonioSpidey

DaltonioSpidey Well-Known Member

The flashbacks he had of her were like the only thing I liked about the scene. :p

11. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

I disagree, I actually thought it was a really nice touch to the scene. And them turning red with each swing to her arm nicely highlighted how brutal it was for Rick to have to do that.

12. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Slow motion is corny as hell.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us could have put 2 and 2 together, and known what rick was probably feeling without the flashbacks (and yes, they were a bit cheesy)...but i also think the producers know what they are dealing with, and some people have to be spoonfed a little bit when they watch the show. They wanted to really drive home how much Carl is Rick's driving force in this world...he may have just given up right then if not for Carl.

14. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Why didnt they do that then!? Thats actually how I envisioned the scene to play out, like Rick had to be like 'Let...:hatchet:go... Let.Him.GO!!:hatchet:' Like he realised he didnt love her, like there wasnt a doubt in his mind what he had to do.

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah but i don't think it was about whether or not he loved her, it was about what he was willing to do for Carl over anyone else. Eye contact while he chopped her arm off would have been way more intense though, i will admit. It wouldn't have made sense though for her to gaze into Rick's eyes while she was distraught over her son being eaten alive.

16. Jods

Jods New Member

I didn't like the flashbacks at all. I don't understand how he could be that in love with her when he barely knew her, and why he didn't react instantly instead of Carl having to announce that she wouldn't let go of him several times? I think he just liked the idea of her more than anything. He has his kids and somewhere semi safe to live, he just wanted someone to fill the gap Lori left.

Also I found Jessie really boring and unlikeable.

17. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I don't think they were cheesy. Could they have done it differently? Maybe. I actually thought her being bit and surrounded by the walkers made it less of a tough decision. I mean what else was he gona do. Let Carl get eaten while Jessie was already a goner. I think it would've been more brutal if she had been bitten but not surrounded or in some way where his choice to cut her arm was actually killing her. But I think the flash backs were a good way to show that they had something for each other. I know some ppl said they didn't like how their relationship was developed but I think it wasn't ever meant to be some ultimate love thing between them. They had a connection that they never got to explore much deeper because of the stuff that was happening.

18. Znuts

Znuts Member

I didn't really notice or care that much about the flashbacks. I was still so happy from Sam meeting his demise that I kinda blacked out for the rest of the scene. I should watch this whole episode again.

19. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

At the time of watching it I thought it was weird and definitely not needed. But after watching it a second time I didn't mind it at all. After she is surrounded and devoured by walkers it just shows what Rick was thinking about as she turned into blood and walkers. His mind flashed back to his "happy thoughts" and emotional connection to this woman who is being killed directly in front of him.

Having said that, the red flash backs could've been left out. I understand what they were going for, but I don't think the average viewer will assess those red flash backs the same. Most people will just find them weird and unnecessary. I however, saw them as Rick's mind releasing Jessie and giving him the willpower to severe her arm to free Carl. Basically "killing" her from his memory to allow him to do that. Oh well....

Other than that, one of the best episodes in the entire series IMO.

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I thought the flashback was good. Yeah, we all know what Rick was feeling....no brainer there, but seeing some quick snaps of Jesse looking all beautiful in Rick's head as he is watching her being ripped to shreds by walkers was a good touch.. Rick was so helpless, and all he could do was see her beauty as she was so painfully dying.