Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jesus H, It's time to rate this damn thing!!

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 20, 2016.

?

Rate the Fracker

1. 10

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. 8

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  4. 7

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. 4 horsemen of the apocalypse couldn't save this

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. The trinity does not approve

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. 1

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. cycles

cycles Member

9. To me, this was probably the most optimistic episode of TWD that we have seen. It was a perfect break from the intense horror in No Way Out. I loved the Eugene/Daryl comic relief and the scene where the truck rolled into the water. Spencer's putting Deanna down was intense. Carl and Michonne's moment was touching. Glenn didn't fake die or almost die, Rick and Michonne had a great hookup. This guy who is called Jesus seems pretty fascinating. I don't read comics or spoilers so I have no idea about him. I am hopeful and eager to see what comes next week.

My wife was ready to give up on TWD during the first half of this season. This episode won her back.

2. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Thought it was gonna be a meh episode as usual is the follow up to the mid season premiere's but man did this episode deliver..perfect 10

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I may still be feeling the effects of far too much wine this evening...but who the hell are you people rating this episode a 1 and a 2? I even question the two people who gave it a 6 and 7, but at least they put some thought into their rating.

And for those that know me on this forum, I rarely call people out for assanine opinions, preferring the "to each his own" outlook, but I think that the 1 and 2 rating deserve a forum lashing...consider yourselves lashed

4. MegaMattMKV

MegaMattMKV Member

I had to give it a 10, maybe it's the afterglow but I freaking loved it. Paul seems like he has potential to be one of the coolest characters on the show. I didn't realize how amazing Rick/Michonne would be and that felt really heartfelt, and I liked how they buillt up to it by showing Michonne living in Rick's house and taking of Carl in the intro.

A funny light hearted episode with some really good action and moments. Also, Spencer got some character development. Either my favorite or second favorite episode this season besides 'possibly' No Way Out, but I think this surpasses it.

5. Rust

Rust Member

This was a great episode, had everything I like in a TWD episode, good characters and story

YET

I felt nothing. I think I've been jaded and have unfortunately lost interest in the show and characters. Too much stupid stuff has passed under the bridge and I guess it's affected me. Oh well, it's been a good run.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

69 ;)

7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

butthurt Jessie fans who else?

8. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I gave it an 8. I was tempted to give it a 10 just because of Richonne, but there were some parts of the episode that just didn't do it for me. The whole awkward 30 second conversation where Denise asked Daryl to look for some soda was really weird. I'm not sure why that needed to be dragged out for so long. I felt like the time jump was kind of poorly done too. The timeline has been really hard to follow this entire season, and now we appear to have jumped about two months forward. For the sake of advancing the story this was a good move, but it would have been nice to have a few loose ends from last week tied up first.

9. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

5, aside from Darryl's cool quips and Richonne...there wasnt much

10. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

I gave it a 9. Enjoyed the whole Jesus introduction but I`m still not sure about the whole Rick and Michonne thing..yet.

11. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

I liked Jessie and if the show had decided to keep her alive unlike the comic and had her fill in for Andrea, I wouldn't have had an issue with that. And I'll be honest, I felt wounded when they killed her off but tonight's episode was a total ten, and while they had them on the couch like they had Andrea and Rick, the show owned the comic when it came to them working up towards the kiss. Just the hand scene was dynamic, at first it came off as just two friends showing a sign of platonic fondness, but then they tightened each others grip and at that moment the fire was lit and there was no putting it out.. and the kiss scene had far more chemistry than when Rick kissed Jessie. In short Lincoln and Gurira deserve a 10 for that scene alone but that was just the cherry on top when it came to tonight's episode. I loved how the show opened with Boston's More than a Feeling, that got the show a point from the very start, and then spending time showing that Rick appears to have aborted his inner Shane and become optimistic again. And while some may not like how Jesus was introduced in the show I thought it was handled quite well. Unlike the comic his intentions weren't as clear, it was obvious he was a good guy in the comic, despite the fact they restrained him due to a lack of trust. In the show, his intentions weren't clear and they got off to a bad start, I also totally preferred how when Rick took him down in the show, he quickly drew his gun with the intention to kill if need be. In short, that scene proved that while he is optimistic again and not rabid, he's still go this killer instinct and he hasn't gone totally soft.

I could go on praising the episode but I'm getting sleepy.. so yeah.. its totally worth a 10.

One thing I will say before I wrap this up..

The bigots posting racist nonsense due to the final scene tonight, especially the ones who've said they're done with the show... they can screw off. I'm tempted to make an avatar of Rick and Michonne in bed together and use it on the sites where people are posting the bigoted nonsense.

If anyone wants to make the avatar for me while I'm asleep.. feel free to do so. :)

12. sheryden

sheryden Member

Okay, here are some quick early-morning comments:

* I absolutely love Daryl and Rick together. How I have missed them interacting. I like how their perspectives on the world have shifted since the first episode of the season. And they should run down the road together EVERY episode.

* It's a small thing, but I love how Daryl really tries to make people happy (Denise and the orange pop). He really does get invested in people.

* Eugene was hysterical. Loved his interaction with Daryl, and I loved the look on Rick's face as he reacted to the whole thing. Hunky dunky, indeed.

* I'm torn about Jesus. I'm still not quite in love with the casting, but I guess I'll get used to him. I did love his interaction with the boys, though.

* I liked the little hints of normal life--everyone just going about their daily lives having now settled back into a routine.

I give it a 10.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This was my favorite episode of Season 6. Glad that we got a time skip to reset things. The Rick/Daryl road trip was fun. As others mentioned it was awhile since we had those two together. I believe they made the right casting choice or Jesus. It's hard to get a perfect comic match, but I he's seems to be the right fit for the TV show.

They've done a great job working to the Rick and Michonne relationship. Small stuff has been done throughout the seasons. I like too how they have Carl and Michonne close. The show would have made a huge mistake if they didn't have Rick with an early season character.

I was relieved with this episode. There were no WTF moments where I was left in disbelief. There's been too much of that this season from 603-609. So it was great to just be able to really enjoy the episode from start to finish. Good stuff.

14. LMT

LMT Member

I thoroughly enjoyed it! I give it an 8.5

15. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I rated this one an 8, but if I could have a do-over I'd change it to 9, now that I think about it. The entire episode was very well written; wonderful levity interwoven throughout the storyline. The Daryl/Rick road trip was very funny (all I could think of whilst watching it was, 'this episode should be renamed "Bad Boys Bad Boys: Dumbasses II").

Can't say I was really a fan of the whole fangirl/fanguy idea of Rick and Michonne getting together, simply because so many onscreen friends-turned-lovers tends to ruin the whole dynamic; but in this case, I think it works. Again, very well done, and I love that the opening scene had us guessing, "Are they together? What's going on?" and then answering the question in the final few moments. I think what I loved most about this show - besides the humour, any great tv drama needs some humour throughout, otherwise it just becomes too serious, and ultimately (to me) a bore - is that it also delved into some of the characters' deeper, personal thoughts and feelings, a welcome relief after the awesome intensity of "No Way Out". Good balance, great fun. I'll have to watch this one again. And maybe even change my vote to 10.

16. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

My exact thoughts too!

17. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I've been hearing More Than a Feeling quite a lot recently, on two different ads airing in the same time frame. One is for an investment banking company, and the other is for a condom ad.

18. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

Dirty Jesus +Sexy Rick + Richonne for realz = 8

19. PapSett

PapSett Member

I gave it a 10, but only because there is nothing higher. RICHONNE!!! Finally! They have been a family for so long, I'm glad they made it official.

Loved all the interactions between the characters. This...THIS is what makes them real to me, not super human skillz. My only complaint was how he world did tied up Jesus get on top of the truck? Made absolutely zero sense.

But still... RICHONNE.

Now if we can just get Daryl & Carol together...

20. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I thought the episode was very good except for 2 scenes.

The Maggie/Enid scene was poorly written. It was 3 weeks later and it seemed like that was the first conversation the two had.

The Rick/Michonne scene was awkward for me. I didn't like and don't like them getting together. Very disturbing for me to the point where it could be a deal breaker from watching or not watching.