Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jesus, Let's Have Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 20, 2016.

1. raynman

raynman New Member

Poor tactical thinking all-round. A large haul should have been returned directly, using both vehicles, returning on a known route. In survival mode, you always take the bird in the hand over the one in the bush--secure your stash before you start looking for more. Leaving the car was especially stupid--it's not a minor nitpick. Abusing the truck to play games with the hitch-hiker? More stupidity.

2. Melo

Melo Active Member

the dude is cool, the actor did a great job and i hope for more like this

3. SunnysBF

SunnysBF Member

Because the writers don't know how to create real conflict. It seems like one of the writers just says "What if (insert conflict) happens???" and the rest agree that it is a good idea. But, instead of figuring out how the conflict would come about in a reasonable manner, they just make sure it happens any way possible. What Rick and Darryl did was stupid beyond comprehension.

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Sharing an orange crush is how you get meningitis.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree with this. The delay in revealing Walker Deanna was just too gimmicky. Michonne would have known that Deanna hadn't been buried.

ETA: I forgot to say that the show needs more character development. I loved this show four years ago but not anymore. It feels more like a comic book than a TV show.

#45 westwingnut, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  6. PapSett

PapSett Member

My only real complaint is how in the hell did Jesus get on top of the truck? Unless of course he really is THAT Jesus and has mystical, magical powers?

7. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I thought the episode was very good except for 2 scenes.

The Maggie/Enid scene was poorly written. It was 3 weeks later and it seemed like that was the first conversation the two had.

The Rick/Michonne scene was awkward for me. I didn't like and don't like them getting together. Very disturbing for me to the point where it could be a deal breaker from watching or not watching.​

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

What happens if you drink orange crush while you have scarlet fever and blue balls?

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Here you go! *hands cookies*

Jesus seems to be an interesting add on to the cast. Hillarious scene at the end. Will someone die to replace him? (Daryl? Glenn? Carol?) Hope not!

10. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

I have been thinking about this and I think Negan will kill Daryl and Jesus can replace him as a bad ass and as Rick's number 2

11. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I I agree with most of this. Everything in this episode just seemed so far fetched. I mean how are ppl catching a truck on the open road. How does someone get on top of the truck without the ppl inside hearing it. When did Rick begin thinking its a good idea to ride around blasting music? What kind of special transmission did the truck have to be able to be knocked into reverse without pressing the break?

And a complaint against the complaint thread. Idk if every1 else finds all the early post funny but I think they're pretty annoying to be honest.

12. sam12six

sam12six Member

I even forgot to mention that I find all the zombies tied to the tractor having their separate ropes break, not only at the same time, but just when Daryl and Jesus were playing tag a little unlikely.

Yeah, I usually start reading this thread at page 3 or so in the hopes that everyone has it out of their system by then.

13. Alex McCall

Alex McCall New Member

14. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

My main issue - with the show as opposed to this episode in particular - is that we never get to see the group discuss WTF just happened to them. I realise that this episode was set a few months after the previous episode but the writers should have acknowledged the events in the first half of the season. Maybe have a few of the characters stand in front of the memorial wall and reflect on what happened and the people they lost.

I felt the same way after S6 E2 when the wolves attacked Alexandria. That episode was so shocking and countless Alexandrians were butchered but no one even mentioned it.

This season has been one shocking scenario after another but the way the characters react doesn't feel natural - to me at least. There's no follow-through. Something happens one week and is completely forgotten about the next. Is as if the writers are only interested in shocking viewers to get TWD trending on Twitter.

The whole #Richonne reveal is a perfect example. When their hands touched and they looked at each other, I honestly thought they were going to burst out laughing and joke about the thought of them actually hooking up. But the writers went through with it despite how awkward it was. It was like watching your brother and sister make out - I really didn't feel the chemistry between them at all.

I still enjoy the show but this season is way too manipulative for my liking. It feels like the show runners were replaced by the creators of American Idol - shock eliminations, wild card saves, unbelievable scandals and all.

15. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I echo those who think the posts at the start of the thread are tedious, seriously just grow up a bit and it is the same few people posting the same lame 'jokes' time and again.

I'm not overly happy about Rick and Michonne, just because their relationship has been more about strong friendship and has never once felt sexual in any way. Now they are necking on the sofa and it is a bit like why?

I agree with the post above as well about the time jumps after a big event, we never truly see the fall out from things. The conversations that should have gone on after, the plan to rebuild, the burying and hurt of the lost ones. We always get a few filler episodes a season, if we must have them lets have them showing how they rebuilt themselves are a drama and actually deal with issues. We left the last episode with Carol saying she should have killed Morgan, yet here we are next episode neither to be seen and we are supposed to be 2 weeks on! If they then revisit that storyine it wont feel right as you'd think Carol would bring up what happened with her and Morgan the very next day to Rick and co.

16. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

My issues w/the show....as a few have already pointed out...are as follows!

Rick said to Daryl during the their long drive something about the Law of Averages...well, guess what?

* Going out on a supply run w/just 2 people?
    C'mon man! Really?

Law of Average say's your bound to meet someone and you never know if they're going to be good or bad!
    Thus, a 2-person crew can never lead to a good thing...

* Using the Cargo truck and some chains to roll over a vending machine and then NOT taking off the chains when you're done? C'mon man....Really?

Law of Averages says at any time, another group could be close by and would want what you have and if you're not in the mood to share, you're going to have to either shoot your way out, or drive off quickly and with a vending machine tied to your bumper, that's going to seriously slow you down, or come back to bite YOU in the rump!

* Jesus taking BOTH the keys to the Chrysler 300 AND the Cargo truck and Rick NOT knowing it until AFTER Daryl says something? C'mon man! Really?

Law of Average = anyone who STEALS from you ALWAYS indicates malicious intent! Gun that fricker down when possible!

* Jesus getting out of the ropes AND getting onto the cargo truck and NEITHER Rick NOR Daryl heard anything until MILES LATER..C'mon man...Really?

* Rick, like an idiot, following Jesus into an open field with the Cargo Van, just happens to be the LAST PLACE you wanna drive such a vehicle..and the Law of Averages worked against them...ONCE AGAIN!

* Daryl fighting w/Jesus and the column shifter in the cargo truck gets popped out of Park, albeit in the WRONG DIRECTION...and just happens to back up into a lake? C'mon man...REALLY?

Law of Averages = Karma!

Sh** writing like this is why I'm no longer eager to watch on Sunday nights!

it's like the writers are writing from the stand point that the ZA has only just recently begun and that everyone is either crazy-a$$ STUPID or hella NAIVE...and consistently doing sh** that goes against everyday 'common sense' thinking!

17. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I think that's a strong possibility, sigh. Life is change though. We'll all get through this together.

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Well, once upon a time on Mythbusters they did a show testing some of the "science" on Breaking Bad. Busting a couple of big parts of the story was understandable, but at the same time, Vince Gilligan revealed that he was never particularly good at science. The liberties taken in the script regarding scientific plot devices were really just about the artistic license of the writers. So in TWD, do remember that you're talking about believability in a show centres around reanimated corpses, for gosh sakes.

19. walkon

walkon Active Member

A couple of other things that me shaking my head was how severely Rick treated Aaron in the barn but now Paul walks in, tricks them, and steals their truck and Rick wants to trust Paul and bring him into the fold???

Then there's the matter of Jesse. . . the woman he was willing to kill for. A couple months later he is willing to slip between the sheets with another woman. Maybe the song Rick should have been playing in the car should have been How Deep Is Your Love? Class act, Rick. At least Tyreese mourned Karen.

20. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I'm glad it was finally pointed out.