Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jesus was frustrated. Shouldnt they all be frustrated?

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Kill Judith, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Kill Judith

Kill Judith Member

So Jesus was not happy with how his character played out huh? Cant all but a few characters feel this way? How can they justify being on this show considering how little some are shown. I would say 80% of all named cast members have less than 30 min of screen time per season. Probably more like 15 min.

For instance Aaron. The guy is a good actor, they are all. Yes he is on the walking dead but not really.
    These actors are professionals, they want to act. Not just be on the credits with 1 min of screen time per episode. My guess is they cannot go get a side acting job while contracted on the show

How do they get paid? By the scene? episode? Can any of these actors besides the top 5 main actors really have much satisfaction on this show?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Tough toenails. There's a lot of characters in this show. I'd like to see more of some , but it's the overall story that I like and that encompasses a lot of characters.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I don't think his complaint was about screen time as much as it was about his character not being developed. Tom went in knowing that his character was this tough guy who figured into the storyline. On the show he ended up being nothing more than the voice of reason for two characters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I believe they negotiate contracts for at least one year. Then it is up to the showrunner/writers/etc. as to how much screen time a character winds up getting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They negotiate contracts for seasons and then they are paid the same no matter how much screen time they get. Even if they are killed off in the 5th episode of the season, they get paid for the negotiated amount for the entire season.

And actually the producers have been very accommodating when it comes to them doing other projects while on the show. Its a very large ensemble cast. This is just how it is when that size cast is involved.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I think the actors might like the fact that they're not chained to the show 24/7. Actors, being actors (especially successful ie: employed) usually have a side project or ten on the go. Look at Danai; writing, directing, acting, she never stops.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think Tom Payne's problem with his role as Jesus is the same as all of us. He was woefully underused. I didn't reach his debut in the comics but by all accounts Jesus is a total badass and has a much bigger role than he does on the show. I think that's what Tom was expecting to be in for when he started playing the character. But not every actor has those type expectations as they play their roles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Look at Game of Thrones....?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Seventh_son

Oh, yeah, exactly! Juggling those huge casts is a trick without a doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

well tussling with Aaron and rolling around on the ground with him would frustrate anyone... oh wait, you weren't talking that kind of fustration... nevermind.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. bda1973

bda1973 New Member

I guess i am in the minority that feels that the actor should have just sucked it up and continued.

How many people would love ro be in the role of jesus on the show not to mention getting paid to do so.

Does Payne have that many offers that he is turning them down because of his limited role on TWD?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

To be fair, he did get THE CALL. So it wasn't his decision. He's just saying he's happy with it as long as they gave him a badass out...because he has been frustrated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Tbh though, like all of us in our own career decisions, he decides if he wants to do the role of Jesus or not. Personal choice and all that. I do agree with you though that many of us would have loved to have such a part (and find it harder to understand why he would be happy to give it up)… I'm still expecting the call from Angela myself for a top role in the next series:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Seventh_son

I see your point, but (if I were in Payne's position) I would have been so frustrated that my character was so declawed in comparison to the source material.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I rolled my eyes when I first read a short quote from Tom Payne re: being underused. I was like it's a huge cast, they do what they have to but then I watched an interview and read more and he was saying that he trained a lot for eventual fight scenes and the type of character Jesus would be but it never eventuated. I agree he was underused and it must have been a massive kick in the face to train so hard and not to get to use those skills. At least he went out the way he wanted though. ...

• Like Like x 1