Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just me or does Negan not seem like Negan?

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Crook, Apr 4, 2016.

1. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

Young Vince Vaughn would have been good. The guy is a behemoth.

I honestly think Negan will end up being good, I get that he doesn't look exactly like he does in the comic. But I think once JDM puts on a couple of kgs he will look more convincing - the guys eyebrows are flawless.
    Negans age is never revealed, but on screen he looks no older than Rick, Carol, Daryl. Drawings don't show age like actual people do - even comic Hershel looked young.[​IMG]

2. travislamming

travislamming New Member

Negan looks rediculous

That was a very poor actor choice to play Negan. The guy looks like a travelling vacuum cleaner salesman. Slicked back hair and a mustache. They needed someone with real raw power. I don't care what the comic book had. A more believable character would have been someone who looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin or Physco Sid.

This Negan is just skinny. You can see his shoulder bones through his leather jacket. Yet he drags Rick around like a rag doll. Nope not buying it at all. I know you can't analyze it too much. Heck there's zombies...........but come on. My 15 year old son weighs more. This guy better call up Stallone and get hooked up with some HGH.

3. Mello

Mello Member

Jeffrey is killing it as Negan imo.

AMC Negan does not have to look or even be exactly like comic Negan. We've seen this work with the Governor who was nothing like the comic's Governor, yet people still adored David Morrissey's portrayal of him. Jeffrey lost about 40 pounds for a project previous to the TWD and i'm sure he's trying to put it back on. His "hipster-esque" outfit is literally what he wears in the comics when we meet him, and saying that Steven Austin/Physco Sid would make a better Negan is pretty stereotypical. It's like saying that Abe could've made a better Negan because of his build and "hard-ass mfker" look.

Give Jeffrey some time.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Jeffrey's doing fine. I am kind of surprised the producers didn't have him bulk up a little bit between seasons [they could have padded him up a bit in 616, and then just use his real flesh going forward], but I'm happy with him. Although having said that, I still think potentially, my favorite Negan would have been Kevin Durand. I can admit that there may have been more perfect Negan actors out there, while still being perfectly happy with JDM.

5. evabaste

evabaste New Member

Negan and rick

Not familiar with the comic, a lot better to enjoy the tv series without comparing, but I do love JDM portray of Negan. A bit skinny, yes, but the fact that he's articulate, with a clean appearance makes him the more scarier. I find him terribly sexy to be honest...Now, thing is, is it just me or there's something sexual between Negan and Rick? I mean, all this trying to break him, instead of just crushing his skull, all this talk about a big pill hard to swallow, and swallow you will...Dunno, it all looked very sexual to me...It could all be because he was turning me on though.

6. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

JDM doesn't have the physical presence comic Negan has over Rick and others. But, JDM is making up for that with his acting chops and extremely hilarious dialogue.

7. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

Imaginative thinking with the suggestion of CM PUNK . He has the look and is famous for his monologues. Obviously being in the modern day WWE he has years of acting experience and delivering dialogue to a script. But his voice is all wrong and he is hardly "220 and all muscle"....he was and is the definition of a skinny fat physique and he was always 180-190 in the WWE and around 5ft 11 rather than the billed 6ft 2 and 220lbs. The UFC fight at 170 confirmed the weight.

Anyway JDM is awesome but nice debate

8. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

I don't think he is about muscle, protein shakes and a bulked up prison physique.

I think the reason he has an army of men like the above description is he has the edge over them in intelligence, ruthlessness, brutality and unpredictability. He was probably some kind of boxer pre apocalypse and like the governor he knows how to gain power over people.

Look at how the governor re-established himself in that community as one eyed brian. A-Z of how to climb the ladder in the post apolocolypse!