Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Knives

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by Walker Bait, Feb 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

That's enough for a 'thanks' right there.

Also cool to see a man who knows his weapons these days.

2. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Knives would be a terrible choice as one of the first lines of defenses. Albeit, they do have their general purposes in a ZA; cutting. flaying, skinning are a few to name many. However, a knife if a zombie gets up close and personal is much better than having absolutely nothing on hand at all for a weapon.

3. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I love deadliest warrior. I can see how they would conclude the bite strength when there are pain barriers to limit it. We can also suspect this by the way they, at ease take good size chunks out of those they bite. Yep, I would say a pocket knife would really suck when dealing with them.

4. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

DW AWSOME show! Hope some of the charachters watched , they may have to fall back on Medeival and Aincent stratagies with all the ammo they are using.

5. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Is it really though ?
    I guess it depends on a persons ability to punch and how much concussive force is needed to rattle a zombies brain.
    Obviously they can withstand quite a kick in the head, basically making crushing of the skull needed for them to stay down.
    But a good hook or three to the jaw might break or dislocate it, or heck maybe remove it completly if the zed is rotten enough.

Though scraping your knuckles against a zombies teeth is likely as bad as getting bit.

6. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Well if it was me, I'd throw the knife to the head before the zombie got up that close. (I am good at that) But not everyone knows how to throw a knife. I would still say pulling a Lori on the Zombie, driving the knife right into it's eye, temple or ear would be better than scrapple with it. Sure you could break their jaw, but at the risk of the teeth cutting your knuckles.

7. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I would agree, but I was thinking making an accurate and forceful enough stab into a zombie eyesocket would be alot more diffcult than just slugging it with your fist.
    Especially if youre NOT an experienced knife fighter, and a squeamish fellow that is hesitant to stab a human:ish guy in the head.

8. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yeah probably the duking it out would be easier for those with the abilities. Although, what I really think is in a ZA no one should be less than within a few seconds of something longer and able to crack a skull with least effort as possible at all times; crowbars, a spear, bat, pipe, even a sword or machete.

9. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

There may still be people making ammunition. Check out Handloading/Reloading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handloading If you having your group searching for ammunition in gunshops or abandoned firearm manufacturing plants, the material would be there, you just have to remember its valuable as already made ammunition, and have the knowledge to create your own.