Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Knots Untie Praise and Positivity thread.

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by HondaS2kXD, Feb 26, 2016.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Do knot bring your negativity in here.

2. TROR

TROR Member

Another fantastic comic-to-tv adaptation episode. Really do well with it so far with the backhalf of the season.

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I like the new appearances of Freddie, Harlan, Kal, Gregory, Ethan, Bertie, Crystal, Andy, Wesley and Eduardo. That's a lot of new characters for me to obsessively memorize <3.

4. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

I thought Gregory was perfectly smarmy and unpleasant, and I thought Maggie was great with him. One of her best scenes in a while.

5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

- "What?"

- Everyone walking upstairs as Michonne and Rick are getting dressed. Hilarious. Not to mention Michonne having Rick's back when Rick finds himself in trouble (again).

- Really loving Jesus. He has a patience and perspective on things that I respect.

- Gregory was pleasantly unpleasant

- HILLTOP!!! Shout outs to my boy Earl Sutton in the back.

Lastly, I love that we're on episode 11 and adapting issue 95 material. I really am enjoying the pace in the back half.

6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I liked Ricks "what" and also Abe's delicately phrased questioning of Glenn. A new community brings some good potential plotlines.

7. sheryden

sheryden Member

* Gregory was perfect. A perfect slimeball.

* Loved the interaction between Denise and Daryl. Who does he remind her of? A brother? A patient?

* D'aw. Judith waved at her bubba.

* Maggie was impressive.

* Jesus's wig was not impressive.

* Loved seeing Earl and his blacksmith shop in the background

* "What?"

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Everyone else here called it, but my favorite moment was Rick's "What?!?" It was laugh out loud funny. Overall I enjoyed the dialogue/interaction between the characters.

Hilltop is a perfect fit from the comics.

9. Melo

Melo Active Member

once again a great episode!

10. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

I learned a new term that cracked me up : Uggin Bumplies. hahah.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I re-watched the episode this morning and just noticed her little wave - my heart melted into a puddle on my living room floor!

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Out of order in terms of when it happened on the episode but by far my favorite part was "What?" - dammit, Andrew Lincoln delivered that one word with perfection not only in tone but also facial expression all the while covered once again in blood.

Jesus calmly telling Carl who he was and that he was waiting on his mom and dad to get dressed - loved Carl's look of "mom and dad? dressed? WTF?"

Rick and Michonne coming out of the bedroom together, Rick sans shirt (umm btw YUM), Carls expression and soon to be followed by Abe's reaction and Glenn's reaction

Maybe I just find it easier to accept that those in the seat of power know more about the business of television than those of who do not work in the industry. With that said, in my opinion, while Tom Payne may not have the stature of comic Jesus, he is certainly doing a bang up job of portraying him. I have no doubts that as episodes move along and into season 7 Mr. Payne will have made television Jesus his own. I agree the fake beard and wig are a bit underwhelming for a crew of make up artists who conjure up grotesque walkers week after week. Maybe I am confusing Nicotero's crew with a make up crew. Also, he only had a week between being cast and then jumping into filming. As we saw, for those of us who watched Talking Dead, the beard is coming in rather nicely and he still has a little over two months before season 7 filming begins

Gregory - damn, I hate this guy already! I did not care for the Gov, but at least he had the excuse of being beaten down and a citizen of crazy town. This Gregory dude is simply a man who is cocky with no foundation for said cockiness. He is riding high on the power trip endorphin. Will be glad to watch his demise. And I suppose that since I feel this way, as do many others - kudos to you Xander for a great job in giving us the reasons we needed to despise your character!

I really enjoyed the Maggie scenes - way to go girlie!!! Put that POS in his place!!! And Rick having the foresight to defer to her gifts of diplomacy in dealing with Gregory was a sign of just how much Rick's attitude has changed.

Speaking of Rick's attitude, he was also prancing around like a proud peacock, offering to come to the rescue of Hilltop, completely confident in what his people can do. Rick is about to get a wake up call that he is not the only alpha with a capable pack, a few of those peacock feathers are about to get plucked!

Abraham - I swear to god, any other character having his lines - and any other actor delivering those lines would be beyond cheesy. But Michael Cudlitz's take on Abraham and how he delivers Abe to us is just magical

In a nutshell there was quite a lot to enjoy about this episode. Was a great set up episode without feeling like a filler episode. Both of my daughters still need to watch, so that means I have at least two reasons to watch again and again.

#12 Dnae, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

After last nights episode, I had a feeling of impending doom. I dread the next episodes.

Liked the episode BTW

14. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

...and pretty much half the town showing up at the bottom of the staircase as they emerge from the bedroom. Loved it.

15. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I will admit that my favourite line of the show was probably everyone else's as well:

"What?" ... as though it's an everyday occurrence to throat-gut a guy and have one's face completely swathed in his blood. The looks on the Hilltop folks' faces as Rick stood there, was hilarious.

Oh yes, and Abraham's non-subtle question to Glenn about birth control and bringing babies into the post-apocalyptic world...and Glenn's delayed reaction...:zombies_lol:

16. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

I thought this Gregory turned it up a notch from the comics. He's so awful.
    Pits actually really sweet how Jesus calls Rick and Michonne Carl's mom and dad.
    Aww the crew reacting to the sonagram. They got to protect that little one.
    I loved how the team jumped into action when Gregory was attacked. Rick went after Ethan and one immediately went to protect thier General. Daryl, Abraham, Michonne all went into attack mode and Glenn and Maggie did crowd control. It's always amazing to see the team in action.

17. batongal

batongal Active Member

Really great episode. I love the actress who please Denise. Love her little interactions with Daryl. Two awkward people making awkward conversation. Nothing more awkward than Abe bringing up sex to Daryl lol but I loved Daryl's reaction "you think shitz settled?" Daryl on the perpetual roller coaster of hope and no hope. When does the ride stop?

The thing I love the most is the last three minutes of the episode:
    1 The look on Glenn & Maggie's face seeing their baby for the first time.
    2 The group passing that sonogram around.
    3 The way Abe's face lights up looking at the sonogram.

These are the moments that keep me in check and remind me of the reason I stick with this show through the good, the bad and the downright ridiculous.

18. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

That was my favorite MOMENT, by far. But the best line was, "when you were spillin' the bisquick... Were you tryin' to make pancakes?"

19. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I got a kick out of the table scene where Carl looks at Michonne and Michonne realizes Carl knows she's been playing mommy with his daddy. I really enjoyed this whole episode!

20. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Awesome episode, so much to enjoy! Pretty much what everyone else said here....the lines were great. Abe and his Bisquick, the confused look on Glenns face and watching him get it, Jeus telling Carl about his "mom amd dad", and the best was Rick all covered in blood, with his casual "what?"

Rick shoukd always be covered in blood.