Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Kolchak: the night stalker

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by steely, Jun 10, 2014.

1. steely

steely Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the original, not that crappy remake. Darren McGavin was outstanding as the world weary reporter who kept encountering the paranormal, including a zombie..

2. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I saw a few reruns of Kolchak back when the Sci-Fi Channel was the Sci-Fi Channel!

Pretty good show, but I think it ran only one season. Kolchak was a big influence on the creation of The X-Files.

4. pafjlh

pafjlh New Member

Given how popular this show has become in reruns I am amazed that it didn't last too long when it aired. If I remember correctly it wasn't even on a full season. I think iif memory serves me correctly it had a whole lot to do with the time slot more then the show itself. For example I remembered watching the movie that kicked it off, but I think I only saw a few episodes and this was when the show was shown in reruns on the Sci Fi Channel, because when it first aired the timeslot was one that wasn't good when it came to competition. So, I think this was a case of a show being the victim of bad scheduling.

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I remember watching that but as [MENTION=75422]pafjlh[/MENTION] mentioned, it was based on two great Tuesday night Movie of the Week television movies on ABC, The Night Stalker (which scared the crap out of me) and The Night Strangler. I don't remember the series itself as making that much of an impression. It must have been opposite some other show that was more popular, seeing that the majority of people basically watched only three channels back in the day.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Kolchak was THE BEST! Everything from his perpetual troubles with the police and his boss to his hat and his convertible Mustang, it was such a 70's show, but the monsters he faced were real, and it was a great show for that too! I've got to see if I can find the series on Netflix or something.