Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Zombies Lack of features for Deaf gamers in Zombies game mode

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by BamDeafPie, Jul 6, 2014.

1. BamDeafPie

BamDeafPie Member

First of all, English is my second language so please forgive my grammars.

One year ago. I first posted on Call of Duty Black Ops 2 official website about their game lacking accessibility for Deaf players in Zombies game mode.

I figured it probably would be better to post links with full explanation.

My threads. As you can see how many views and comments (expect last few pages, for some reason my comment sudden spammed for no reason but anyway. http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200727179?start=0&tstart=0

and Developer respond in different thread I created under technical support. http://community.callofduty.com/message/414736007#414736007

Yeah it is almost one year and still no respond from them anymore. As if they have forgotten. So I thought I should bring it back from dead and pushing them again.

For clarity on these threads. We need keyboard chat supported and captions for easter egg voice overs in Zombies game mode. Keyboard chat for communicate purpose only. I have always been frustrated with random players and I can't even communicate properly.

So what should I do now? I contacted some of people that works for Kotaku to have them bring attention if they are willing as of now no word from them yet, though. What else I need to do to bring this attention to Treyarch? I think they are working on new game so I need to have them acknowledge this and make it happen for their next game. This is 2014. Xbone and PS4 already supports mouse and keyboard. THEY NEED TO HAVE THIS HAPPEN. Because of this, Deaf gamers have missed out and struggling to complete Easter Egg with deaf players and random players. I know i have manged to complete easter eggs on Xbox360 but that is only because of amazing gamers here and other site that helped me through skype texting. But not all Deaf players can have laptop and console same time. So far I am only one out of plenty of them have completed all easter eggs. Most of time they asked me for help and I did but without player with hearing ability and knowledge what to do is difficult. Adding captions for easter eggs voice overs and keyboard chat support is very simple and easy to get done. I don't even understand Treyarch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_Arachnid New Member

I actually have to agree with you, I'm not deaf myself but now that I think about it, there isn't much stuff to help people who are deaf. Maybe in the near future they might realise that and change a few things.