Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Let's talk Dream vehicles to use on walkers.

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by SteamRollerMAN, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

Bottom line is in the ZA, you'd be smart to drive ANYTHING other than what Rick's group does.

A motorcycle??? LOL Please!

Anyways, unless they start putting the world back together sometime soon, they better start building a steam powered vehicle that they can run off of trees.

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Well it says dream 'vehicle" so i'm gonna go with an F18 fighter. How did these get taken down by walkers anyway? Are there flying zombies too?

4. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Better round up some more horses at least. They run off of grass and hay.

5. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't see what you've got against the charger. That thing hit a couple of zombies head on at speed and didn't even crack the headlight or dent the hood. A normal Ford truck that hits a deer is in for some serious bodywork repair.

I guess old Chrysler makes better plastics than people give them credit for.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yep. That motorcycle is just a joke. Get the LOUDEST, least reliable and most dangerous to the driver vehicle on the road and go tooling around in a zombie apocalypse, yeah.... not.

Oh yeah, and whatever you do, do NOT wear gloves or a helmet!

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This car comes with 10 pounds of frozen Birdseye Peas. And i'm sorry, but in a ZA if you don't buy a car that comes with food, you're a dastardly imbecile.
    [​IMG]

9. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

My hubby ran into a group of six full-grown horses with his 1992 Chevy Lumina years ago. They were completely blocking the highway when he drove around a curve.

One horse took out the windshield, and the car had dents and hoof scuffs all over it. We replaced the windshield, and he kept driving it. Stout old car. lol

10. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Abrams tank with a mine plow for supply runs...yes it needs fuel, but I'm suspending reality here. ZA and all.

[​IMG]

11. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

It also depends on the brush guard. Unless its a Ranch Hand, its not going to help much.

12. jd2210

jd2210 Member

LOL at the gas versus diesel arguments on here. Because I'm new to the forum I'm having a hard time telling if some of you are trolling or actually are being serious so pardon me if I'm falling for trap that is super obvious to the rest of you but......

The percentage of gas to diesel sold isn't even close in north america. Every off road vehicle and large engine uses diesel. Every transport truck uses diesel. Just because in tiny suburbs there are little mom and pop stores with gas doesn't mean that it is more plentiful. I pay my fuel suppliers over $75,000 a month for fuel and 99% of that is diesel. Every mill, mine, excavator, bus, wheel loader, grader and train burns diesel. Basically every commercial business with any kind of engine will be running diesel. Every generator larger than 1kw will be diesel and there are entire towns in romote places that are completely generator fueled (for example 20 remote reserves in Northern Ontario) In 2011 North America burned 8 times as much diesel as it did gasoline. I have units that burn 22 gallons of diesel an hour and they run 12 hours a day.

As for the auxillary tank issue, I won 15 3/4 or 1 ton trucks and 14 of them have a 120 gallon skid tank in the back. Finding a HD truck with a skid tank would not be hard at all and filling it with fuel couldn't be easier since they have their own pumps and can suck the fuel by simply switching the polarity on the pump. I have many guys who do it every day to fill out of the main camp tanks.

13. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Of course we burn more diesel than gas. Never said we didn't. Look at how many trucks are on the road. I'm mainly talking about access to that fuel during a ZA, not real world. Unless they know of a few truck stops they're not going to find as much diesel as they will gas. Not many places sell off-road fuel unless its in bulk and then its usually delivered by a truck. If they were close to a terminal, which is in Atlanta, Albany, Macon, or Savannah they would have a ton. Or search out smaller bulk plants then also they would find a lot. But they're not near any of that that we know of.

Yes you can fill tanks of any kind with diesel, but you can do the same with gas as well.

Of course they're shit out of luck if its E-10. It'll separate sitting in a tank pretty damn quick. Then all their gas burning cars and trucks are done.

Besides, most vehicles in a ZA are disposable. You'll drive anything you can get your hands on at the time. Look at how many vehicles they've had so far, minus the Hyundai and we know why with that one.

#53 AClayeJ, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  14. jodybo

jodybo New Member

It's obviously a pointless argument, but I totally disagree regarding the availability of diesel. It would be everywhere on the roads and with some luck your fine a nearby tank with several thousand gallons.

15. WalkieTalkie

WalkieTalkie New Member

16. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Hey its just a friendly discussion. Nobody knows what would happen in a real ZA. Just fun to speculate about it.

17. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

18. jd2210

jd2210 Member

We were just bored between episodes

19. Death_Butter

Death_Butter New Member

One of those things nasa uses to move space shuttles around.

20. AClayeJ

AClayeJ Member

Agreed.