Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lets whine about No One being Gone

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - No One's Gone' started by Sharpie61, Jun 10, 2018.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

So glad to finally know why both her and Nick were so hellbent on killing the vultures. And it totally made sense. Even if she was a little much there at the end. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

100000000% this!!

Oh and I'm very excited to see the storms they encounter when FTWD returns

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Sully

Sully Active Member

I've always wanted a big storm storyline, I think I talked about it on here before actually.

That I'm looking forward to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I guess i am in the minority. I hated it. Madison being killed off is a mistake IMO. And to do it in a flashback? Reminds me of how they built up Chris as the perfect little psycho and killed him off in a flashback. I think its a very dumb move on the show's part and for many reasons. Just REEKS of Gimpleitis.

I have never been a fan of flashbacks and to do an entire half season (with the exception of the john/naomi storyline) was just TOO much. It was very hard to keep up and follow and know at all times where they were in the storyline. I guess they wanted to keep up the "Is she or is she not" dead and end it off showing her going out in a blaze of glory saving her kids. But it fell short. Very short.

Kudo's to those who enjoyed it. I didn't. I will say though that having Strand and Alicia as the only original players with a mash up of people we just met and really havn't gotten attached too yet is a gamble. OR should i say Gimple.

Yes i know they have Morgan now (all people must live/lets kill everyone blah blah blah). I love him but i don't feel he is enough to carry the show either. So much more they could have done pairing up her and Morgan as survivor leaders. But now we'll never know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I'm kind of confused about their reasons for killing off Madison. I had a love/hate relationship with her character, but killing her off? And right after Nick? Risky.
    That being said....I think these new characters are strong enough to build a great story around.
    Fear has always been a bit weak for me, though last season was an improvement.
    I'm excited to see where they take this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Just browsing through the comments here, I was kind of like, whhaaaat? when they revealed the reason why they wanted to kill Naomi so bad... it didn’t make much sense to be that pissed at her... their blood lust for her was more than Maggie’s was for Negan... I mean that was the emotional portrayal I got anyway... completely savage for reasons I’m still scratching my head about...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Ok, I've had a day to process.

I'm not upset Madison is dead, I think Alecia might become more interesting without someone guiding her. However, the circumstances surrounding her death was just terrible writing. We've all beaten that horse to death, but the entire sequence is stupid. From Nick and Alicia going out to rescue Mel in the first place, to them sitting in the parking lot just waiting for the walkers to surround the car, to Madison luring them into the stadium and just dying...as opposed to climbing the fence behind her and at least trying to escape. Once the gate was locked she accomplished her goal and she had time and room to climb the fence and at least try to escape. At worst they should have shown the walkers taking her down as she locked the gate. Not let her stand there just accepting her fate.

Charlie.....this is a tough one. I get it, she's a kid. Fine. But she repeatedly turned her back on the group and straight up murdered Nick. I don't like the idea of them just accepting her because she's a kid. It's going to be hard to watch the group keep her and protect her after everything she has done.

The flashbacks. Oh man, where do I begin? I was really hoping they were using that technique to set up some huge payoff. Turns out, there wasn't one. The "twist" was that Al met and influenced Madison to use a different approach to living in that world. Problem is, not once did any of the previous 7 episodes set that up. There was no indication they had ever talked and we never saw them interact. So literally the only reason they kept giving us these two different time frames was so they could throw a third time frame (pre-stadium) into episode 8 and shock us by revealing THAT took place before the stadium was found. But again, there was nothing in the first 7 episodes setting that up. The flashbacks were there just to confuse us in episode 8.

The entire season could have been told chronologically, with a few throwbacks mixed in to set up the Al/Madison meeting. Basically all the confusion was for nothing.

Alicia hating on La-na-ju makes no sense. Mel and Charlie were responsible, Alicia, Strand, and Luciana all knew that. Yet it's La-na-ju that they focus on? Obviously she had nothing to do with the stadium attack, she was clearly caught up with the vultures after the fact.

I have positives, I'll post those in the correct thread. These were my gripes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LOL @ La-na-ju.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Oh boy. In that case I disagree with killing her off. Too soon after Nick.

It was done very well, but I think they should have kept her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. kilkoyne

kilkoyne New Member

Through the few forums I visit the majority who are forum members wished Madison was dead. Now that she's dead, the majority is criticizing it.......go figure.

i don't care that she died but the stupidity of the characters from last episode made the death seem foolish to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BatmansHooker

I've noticed a lot of opinions on Madison changed during and after season 3. A lot who thought she was too bland or stoic before liked the cold, morally ambiguous character we got in season 3.

Mind you, season 4 totally retconned that and made her... nicer.

No doubt throughout her run opinions on Madison have been up and down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

And to think, it was one of the new characters who helped Madison see that running around threatening and trying to kill people isn't the way forward. It's helping each other.

Of course that ultimately lead to her death. Season 3 Madison would have killed the vultures on night one and lived happily ever after, but I digress.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. BatmansHooker

Yeah, the drastic change in characterization is my gripe with this season so far.

Can forgive it easily because this season is obviously intended to be a soft reboot. But if the intention was to kill Madison anyway, I've got to wonder why they bothered scrapping most of her personality just to make her likable anyway lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Well I didn't change my mind about Madison, never liked her (nor the actress) and I'm fine with her death (if it really is). But I agree with Sebrebc, the whole thing was very badly written. I don't mind flashbacks, and at first they were ok, but the last two episodes went downhill fast.

I'm glad were done with all this, the preview of the next one looks pretty good. I'm not worried about the show. Losing Nick was tough, but nobody could have force the actor to stay, so so be it. John is interesting enough to replace both him and his mother.

As for Charlie... What??? Alicia's responsability in Madison's death was a butterfly effect at best. Charlie straight out killed Nick!!! And who do you want to kill so badly? I don't care she's a child, I'd off her bare handed. AT LEAST leave her behind.

#34 NakedCity, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

"Well I didn't change my mind about Madison, never liked her (nor the actress) and I'm fine with her death."

Yeah, me, too, but I know it's sad for other people, and I'm sorry it was so hard on Kim herself to leave this character.

I love our new characters. They can keep bumping off the remaining original characters for all I care. I enjoy Strand's approach to life, though. I find it entertaining that he is genuinely fine with whatever crazy thing anyone wants to do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can see where Morgan, John and Al would take Charlie in. But I couldn't travel with someone who murdered a family member. That's just bizarre, unless you didn't give a damn for them. It's really where the groups should split up.

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You can tell that she really loved playing the Madison character. HBO though has finally returned to Deadwood, and she's going to be involved in the filming of that at the end of the year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

God im tired of seeing Alicia as this "Bad ass". She looks so freaking silly just standing there with her grenade launcher and just STARING ON EM. Least try to make her look weirder, make her paler, more dirty or something. Jesus. **** !

I also guess no one cares about the sound anymore, the amount of firing all over!

I didn't like Charlie before, but now I can clearly see she is an abused kid, a cute little poor child in a world of psychotic bastards like Alicia, Strand and Nicks girlfriend. When you make Vultures and Negan look sane for a moment, you're a weirdo.

#38 Marc, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1