Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

List Of Walking Dead Novels?

Discussion in 'Novels and Paperbacks' started by Negan & Lucille, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Negan & Lucille

Can someone help me out with this? I just ordered The Compendium Vol 1 and was curious what other books are available. Thanks for any input!

2. DixonBrothersS3

Rise of the Governor, Road to Woodbury, Fall of the Governor 1 and 2, The Descent.

Rise and Road to Woodbury I heard are great. Fall of the Governor not so much. Haven't heard anything on the descent.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The title of that last book is an apt descriptor of its quality.

And for the OP, if you are talking about the collections of the comics, then there is a Compendium Vol. 2 as well, which will bring you up to issue 96 of the comics. The comics are currently up to issue 133 so after you read the second compendium you'll have to buy them individually or in collections of 6, 12, or 24.

4. Negan & Lucille

Or wait for compendium 3 lol
    How much are those Governor books costing these days? NEW

5. Neuropyramidal

Hardcover like 20 bucks. Paperback probably 8 or 9.

6. DixonBrothersS3

Depends where you go also. The Books-a-million near me sold them on the cheap but the comic book store near me sold the hardcovers for like $25 and the paperbacks for like $15.

7. Neuropyramidal

I buy most of my books online, but there's a comic book store in my town run by a really nice guy, so I try to give him as much business as I can, even though its more expensive. And the Woodbury books are 25 at his store, as well. I read the comics for free online the day they come out, but I usually go later and buy the issues as well, just to give this guy some business. Its a tiny little store about the size of my kitchen, and I think he can use all the business he can get. I hardly ever see another customer in there.

8. DixonBrothersS3

Weird. The comic book stores near me are always packed but they have like magic the gathering games in there all day. Never truly see people go in there and buy anything.

9. Neuropyramidal

I'm not a comic book person, and to be honest, I'm not sure I was ever in a comic book store in my life until I started reading The Walking Dead. But I honestly can't understand how my local comic store survives, unless they are doing a lot of online business. Every time I visit it or drive by, they are dead, no cars in the parking lot.

10. DixonBrothersS3

I seen an awesome Godzilla comic at the one closest to me. Godzilla and the land monsters vs the space monsters in an all out war it looked like.

11. Negan & Lucille

Appreciate all the info guys! I'll get into the all the governor books after I finish compendium 1 & 2!

12. DixonBrothersS3

David Morrissey said it himself that he tried to base his character off the books then that of the comics