Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Little Bethie has grown up

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Slabtown' started by Kingston50, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to start a little thread in honor of Beth. I know she has gotten a lot of flack over the course of season 2, 3, and 4 but I have to say I was proud of her in "Slabtown" which should be remained "Bullet to the Head - Beth Edition" just because of all those head shots she got in the dark elevator shaft no less lol

EK is still not a great actress. She doesn't have much screen presence with that soft girly voice, but I still think she managed to hold her own. I loved that she talked smack back to bitch Dawn who is just another Mary to me. She was also able to be smart and maneuver her way around the hospital. She saw from very early on that something was wrong with the whole hospital set up. I loved how perceptive she was. Her and Noah's teamwork was a plus for me and the way she smiled as Noah was able to escaped just made me cheer for her. Now that Carol is with Beth they can both do some serious damage.

My only negatives about this episode...

The pacing. It was very slow and I could fall asleep on the first 30 minutes. Glad that it picked up though.

The hospital looks like Disney Land compared to Terminus. You mean to tell me that Dawn and her little band of law enforcement officers can keep everyone there against their will? From the looks of it they have rescued many people, brought them there and turned them into wards. But it makes little sense seeing that Dawn is not the most organized (I mean Beth was able to sneak past her and grab her key). Even that perv officer was a dumb ass. So its very hard to believe that this system they have created is still intact 2 years into the apocalypse. Seems bogus to me. The writers just crafted this story without thinking much about it. It would've made more sense to me if the wards were drugged on a regular basis so at least that would be a major reason why its hard for them to escape.

Noah and Beth was able to escape so easily down the elevator shaft. Lizzie and Mika could've came up with that plan and made it out of the hospital alive. That is how dumb Dawn and her officers are.

I also found it hard to believe that Dawn has that much power to brainwash many of the inhabitants there like the Doc. As I said before she is not the most perceptive person who is 10 steps ahead of everyone else. She just seems like a control freak who is delusional enough to believe she is a hero. The only intriguing thing about Dawn is that she is officially the first female villain per se. That is something that I do like because I was very tired of villains like the Governor and Gareth. Just evil and plain sadastic. Its gets repetitive so its nice to see a villain that is not that extreme. I have a feeling there is a Kathy Bates from "Misery" lurking underneath Dawn. She's a nut bag, but its going to take something major for her to reveal her true self.

#1 Kingston50, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Beth gets a bum rap. I read all this crap about her being soft, with big eyes, bland, etc. but the girl's come a looooong way since she tried to kill herself in season two. She IS young, and she's always been protected even after they lost the farm. For cripes sake, she was the babysitter at the prison...not going on runs or sticking zombies in the head at the fence (at least that I can remember). She gained some confidence and training from Daryl and she's putting it to good use now that she has to. What I thought was particularly smart was that she observed more than she talked. She could have been blabbing about Daryl, her sister, the group, what they did but instead she listened to what everyone else had to say. Great way to get a feel for the people around you and to size up the new environment without giving anything away. And because she looks so innocent and weak, people like Dawn and her crew are always going to underestimate her which is her biggest advantage. They'll never see it coming. I'm surprised Dawn's men didn't report that she was a crack shot....again, good for Beth. I hope she doesn't let on that she knows Carol...so they can plot something together secretively. Uh...just going in to change those bed sheets again...ma'am.

3. Fergrim

Fergrim Member

I agree, although if this episode was centered around Maggie it'd be far more interesting. I can't wait for next episode so we can dinally get some sensible writing in the form of Glaggie. We're really going to begin to see the depth of their relationship, I'm willing to bet their intimacy hits a new level.

4. TheWitchesTit

TheWitchesTit Member

i'm not convinced they don't drug them..the medicine the doctor had beth inject the new patient with was clozapine, an anti-psychotic (hence why he died when she injected him with an enormous dose of it). and next to it on the shelf was clonazepam, another anti-psychotic. both can and will cause sedation, particularly in larger doses.

i didn't see any convinving evidence that this is what they do, but otherwise, why was it there? what was the purpose? the doctor could have had beth inject the person with a number of things that could have killed them, but why specifically did they have at least two- that we saw- different anti-psychotics there?

5. XxlapsxX

XxlapsxX New Member

Beth :'( i'm going to be totally honest here. If Beth dies, i quit :dead: at least for a couple of years :'(

6. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

7. Fan

Fan Member

I agree. Beth gets a bum rap because she hasn't been a badass warrior up until now. But that's (to me) what makes her so realistic. And the fact the she's so often underestimated will definitely play to her advantage in the hospital scenario.

8. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Totally. I think Beth has some tricks up her sleeve. As long as she is not doing back flips or slow-mo Matrix moves them I'm all good. Hopefully her and Carol can work as a team to get out of that hospital.

9. Junking87

Junking87 Member

I would love to see Beth take Dawn down with some karate lol. But yeah when she broke free and went on her killing spree, I thought she looked pretty bad ass. Hope to see more of her soon, she's kinda starting to become my favorite now with her new attitude.