Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Live reaction for both ep 15 and 16

Discussion in 'Episode 315/316 - Things Bad Begun/Sleigh Ride' started by Sharpie61, Oct 15, 2017.

1. O-Ren Ishii

O-Ren Ishii Member

No - its left completely open-ended. Now, if the new show runners want to be rid of anyone, then they make it so.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL Jag - I am just going to put on my tin foil hat and pretend that it is not really going to be a thing

3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to try haha

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh god now we have to sit through Gimple's annoying AF dance around the question and not ever give any sort of answer schtick. I already miss Dave Erickson

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

F*************k! He's gonna go and gimple this all up too

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am hoping he plays more of a Gale Ann Hurd type role and lets the new show runners do their thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Ugh I follow spoilers for TWD.. I think I might have to for this as well

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I think all of them are okay. I feel there is a general rule that you have to see someone die for them to actually be dead.

Good episode though. I was really hoping certain characters would live. I have long since stopped caring about anybody from TWD like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Go, Daniel !!!!!

10. Lindigo

Oooh, good episode. 10

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think spoilers for this show are few and far between though. They film in Mexico in what appears to be a rather remote area, not a lot of opportunity to follow the filming around. Also the fan base is not as large nor as rabid. Too bad, because with the exception of one episode, number 14, this has been a stellar season for Fear fans!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

First of all....that sig gif is HILARIOUS!

Second, I agree was a great way to end the season even though there was a moment here and there that I did not quite agree with - but then again no one called me for my opinion ;). I think if pressed I would give a rating of somewhere around 8.5 to 9.0 for the combined episode finale. I am upset about the death of Troy, the miraculous surgical recovery of Proctor John received an :rolleyes: from me, did I mention being upset over Troy's death? At times points in the episode felt a little rushed. Of course I was having such issues with Spectrum who knows what I missed. Will watch again tonight via Sling

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The answer is.... "all of them".

14. Lindigo

Thanks abt the gif! He reminds me of grandpappy McCoy. :D

Yeah, you're right, the surgery recovery was ridiculous. I was surprised Madison casually whacked Troy after so recently saying thanks for keeping an eye on Nick and please keep it up, plus they are in the middle of serious business to wire the bombing of a dam. WTH I don't hold FTWD to the same standards you do, though, and the ending was SO good, I think I will downgrade it just a little bit to a 9.5.

Visually, I loved how Madison washed up in that canal so similar to the LA canal where she and Travis were riding around in the pick-up and first realized Nick was right about the undead. For a season finale's final scene, it was a fine nod to how far they've come.

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I am seriously glad about that, I dare say this season FTWD fared better than TWD.

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Sons of...first they blow up the Ranch! It would been a perfect Prison type of arc or even a Alexandria. Nope! Then Taqa and his sniper goes...and Strand backstabs everyone AND NOW TROYS DEAD? Holy ****, stop ****ing with the good characters.

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

CAN THEY ****ING STOP ALREADY! THE ALL MIGHTY BIKER GANG TROPE IS ****ING STUPID!

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

See, that's the thing: are there any good characters? Salazar to me is/was the most interesting, but then they killed off Ophelia. Does that give Salazar a change of heart? Not really, because he was always known as the butcher to begin with. None of the Clarks have the charisma of, say, Daryl Dixon, so for me, Fear is like just watching things happen to people I don't really care about. Those Christmas dreams were pretty messed up though, but I'm not sure they were all that meaningful.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It would be fine on TWD -or- FTWD, but I agree, having a biker gang being the villain on both shows looks like bikers are a fetish of one of the producers. And here they're down in Mexico, why not have them get attacked by the remains of a drug cartel or something? The principle is the same, but it wouldn't look like they suffer from a paucity of ideas.

I thought they were going in a good direction having Alicia going off on her own, especially as Madison and Strand manage to destroy every settlement they come across. But... the very next episode they throw her back in to the mix, and destroy another community.

20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I can tell you, I care more for the Clarks and their people around them, cause they are more real. They are not cheesy catch phrases like "I believe in Rick Grimes" or "We are the Walking Dead", yet. All of them are grey characters, not the overly good or the overly bad. I think Fear does this better than Walking Dead which is really bad at portraying the grey parts. Daryl and Carol is also probably few of the last interesting characters in TWD that is not cheesy (I know they do really crazy shit but still) or over the top (cough Negan) or some other "Divine great leader" like Rick and Maggie.

Indeed! It was a bit craxy for Alicia going on her own but okay, we can buy it! The Clarks are bit crazy. They all got mental issues in a way. She got tired of all shit. And Yes, Madison is excellent at turning things messy. Strand is a backstabber and Daniel was right the whole time. Troy was the most interesting non main season 1 group member and he died like that? Proctor is a Buddhist Negan and The Dam had the worst defense ever, Daniel would off warn the guards something was even more off when the water was not working but hey, Walking Dead need their forced destruction of things to push plot, just like with the Ranch. There is also probably, as you put it, a ton of cartels living. How an American biker gang even can get such an powerbase in Mexico when the government there and military got issues with militia cartels.

I imagine they all some how get back together again, Taqa and Mad Dog hanging out there and they become the new group wandering.

People laugh at the motion that these characters cannot end up in Ricks hobo gang but that would not suprise me at all with the very convenient writing it turned out to be.

They truely do walk in circles.