Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori isn't bad

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by John2find, Mar 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. John2find

John2find Member

I have seen a common feeling here, that people hate Lori more than any other.
    Can i know some of the reasons ?

I consider Lori good bcz:

1. She is loyal to Rick.
    2.She tried to maintain things good between Shane and Rick .(She never revealed that Shane attempted rape on her, had Rick know this ,Shane will have not seen episode 2)
    3.Unlike Andrea she is not self centered.
    4.She felt sorry for Shane and understood the situation Shane was going through.(that's why she said sorry)
    5.She did nothing that could harm his group or playing up politics.

The bad or the worst thing about Lori that I hate the most is that she can't take care of Carl. That imp keeps on roaming here and there and calling walkers to feed on others.

2. RickFan22

RickFan22 Member

1. She CHEATED on rick with Shane not even a month after the ZA started. Lots of discussions about this, and it could not have been over a month or two.
    2. Yeah By telling rick that he needed to kill Shane to protect whats his?
    3. Funny if she is not self centered then why does she "Get Mad" When people do not do what she says, Think of everyone in the camp as her personal errand boy?
    4. Again she felt sorry for Shane and told him sorry all the while telling Rick he had to kill shane to protect whats his.
    5. There are so many instances where she put the group at risk, Driving off alone to find Rick and getting in an accident, ect ect. Not keeping an eye on Carl so he is off in the woods and drags a walker back to the farm to kill Dale.

I'm sorry I tried so hard to find the good in Lori till the season Finale, I tried to protect her on these forums too. but after all that transpired last night I really cant stand the woman, and when you step back and look, there is a whole lot more you see her doing to hurt the group and be a little princess then you first thought.

3. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

I disagree. Lori tried to manipulate Rick into killing Shane. Then she turns around and plays Shane up so he goes ballistic and tries to kill Rick. Then she gets mad at Rick for killing Shane...which is what she asked him to do.

Lori is very self centered. She always tries to get others to do her dangerous work. Go to town. Look for Rick.

She's also a lazy sod. Her main chore is laundry, and still she can't find the time to look after Carl. The kid is wandering around all the time completely unsupervised. Stealing guns, taunting zombies, always alone. Seriously? The kid could have a meth lab, and she wouldn't have a clue.

Plus, I think Lori's loyalty to Rick should start to be questioned. With the whole game she was playing, trying to get Rick to off Shane, it seems like she didn't get the result she wanted.

I think she is a weak, manipulative, whiney b*tch.

4. Joenips

Joenips Member

1. She is not loyal to Rick. She cheated on him and then turns on him when he does something she manipulated him to do (kill Shane).
    2. She manipulated the whole situation between Rick and Shane there was never anything good between them.
    3. Shes the one who is self centered. Andrea has had a lot of shit happen to her and she tries to help the group out. Lori like Andrea said is living in a perfect world right now with her husband, child, baby on the way and "boyfriend".
    4. Never truly felt sorry for him just trying to stir the pot.
    5. Causing the rift between Shane and Rick was a huge harm to the group. Having them both working together in a sane manner would have been very beneficial to the group. Also she may never have done anything to 'harm' the group but she never did anything to help either.

5. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Yep, Lori is neither loyal, she only APPEARS to be to suit her needs!!! She blatantly was trying to manipulate both men ESPECIALLY Rick. Her manipulations finally made Shane weak and he wound up losing his mind over it.

I felt bad for Shane for allowing a weak ass woman such as Lori to screw with his head like she did.

This last episode was the VERY first time I ever saw Lori so much as give 2 shits about anyone other than herself and that was still fairly weak. She still worried about her kid and was running around in the house with Carol freaking out instead of worrying about getting out of there. I understand that she was concerned for her kid, but that still does not take away from the fact that I feel she is selfish.

Like I stated in a post i made this morning concerning Lori and this episode, I was always neutral as far as she was concerned. It was only when she started the manipulation is when I started having changed feelings about her. This finale did it for me. If she got killed the first episode of the next season, fine by me!!

:hatchet:

6. carlos_spicy_weiner

carlos_spicy_weiner New Member

Agreed. I can't wait for her to be eaten. Just from a character perspective, I think she is one of the worst castings, unless the producers wanted someone who angers viewers and draws their ire. She does more 180*s than a politician and is more selfish than anyone else in the group. It's amazing her kid hasn't died yet. If I were Rick, I'm on the hunt for some strange. To put yourself out like that and kill someone to protect the group, then to have your wife question you is enough to make a man insane. Rick should have pistol whipped her dumb ass. Once a cheater, always a cheater. If she were watching her kid in the first place, he would never have been in that field, never distracted Rick and never caused the zombies to make the hard right toward the farm. The ensuing massacre at the farm was HER FAULT because she can't watch her own kid.

7. Ironheart

Ironheart New Member

I really don't know what to think about Lori. I don't like her that much as a character, but I understand where she's coming from. She was so afraid to tell her husband the truth about what happened between her and Shane because she was afraid what Rick might do, and afraid of being left alone in a brand new and very hazardous world. But then, she thought Rick was dead and was trying to secure a father figure for her son, someone who could protect Carl. Shane was an obvious choice for that and I really don't blame her for hooking up with him.

She does have a tendency to act high and mighty at times though. I agree with Andrea that Lori has had it pretty good in this new world. She thought her husband was dead, but he eventually comes back. She still has her son while Sophia got lost and succumb to the elements. She really doesn't know what it means to lose somebody you love to a walker. I was glad Andrea knocked her down a peg in that episode.

I don't think she pit Rick and Shane against each other on purpose though. How many times has somebody asked you to deal with a problem and meant for you to kill somebody? That's not what she meant, that's now what she wanted. It's clear in the scene where she's talking to Shane that she wants her husband and him to make up, to be brothers again like they were before the world went to hell.

Then last night, she acted on disgust that her husband actually wanted to kill Shane. He knew where Shane was going, he knew what the guy intended, and yet he let himself be walked out to that field so he could kill Shane. That's enough to disturb anyone. That information SHOULD disturb you. It should never be that easy to kill another human being. Especially not one who was your best friend.

Is Lori likeable? Not really. Is she bad? Not at all.

8. Ponty

Ponty New Member

Oh Shane did what ever Shane did, no Lori needed. Shane was bad news on all of them. Wouldn't feel sorry for his little head being messed.
    I've been cool with Lori. Can't stand Carl but that's not Lori's fault, the kid basically had 3 parents and the whole group, they should all be watching over the kids. Can't believe Rick pulled that trick with Sophie in the woods. Can understand why you feel the need to do the nasty when the world's about to end.

9. boutte

boutte Active Member

Lori is the worst screw up in the group. She's a terrible mother and a worse wife. She's manipulative, selfish and doesn't care about any one else's feelings. She's bossy and ungrateful. She's completely irrational and she seems to feel entitled.

Other than that she's okay.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I wonder what her maiden name was, Lady MacBeth?

11. LoriSucks!

LoriSucks! New Member

Besides all the other things people have said about Lori being absolutely horrible..what about when Carl was dying and needed blood multiples times and Rick had already done it a few times and could go into a coma if he did it again? She just sits there and lets Rick give blood AGAIN! It's her son, too..what kind of mom and wife does not jump in and say "allow me"?! Aaaaand, Andrea risked her life and got out of the truck in the last episode so Lori could get in the truck with Tdog. They couldn't drive around for a second while Andrea fought off the walkers to save Carole and then have picked Andrea up before leaving? And then Lori and TDog actually had the balls to stand there and tell the group that they saw Andrea get "taken down"? Whaaaat?! What a lie!!!! Worst person ever..on any show..of all time! And don't even get me started on her beyond terrible parenting skills! And I honestly want someone to tell me how is she loyal to Rick? For starters, she cheated on him..even if she thought he was dead..there's a zombie apocalypse going on, your husband just "died", you're trying to save your son and the only thing you can do is bang your husband's best friend? She wasn't even loyal to Rick when she found out he was alive! She's always talking to Shane and leading him on and then Shane tries to kill Rick and Rick has to kill Shane in self-defense (which, btw, she wanted Rick to kill Shane anyways), she actually gets mad at him? She sits around all freakin' day and does nothing. They're digging graves to put Hirschel's family in and she carries a rock and sets it down?! What's up with that?! And not to mention, she gave birth to the stupidest kid on the planet and is about to give birth to the 2nd stupidest kid on the planet! I seroiusly cannot WAIT for the episode where both her and stupid Carl get it!

#11 LoriSucks!, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  12. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Whoa son, take a chill pill. :zombies_lol:

You have to have the same blood type. Rick mentions in episode 202 that he knew he and Carl were the same blood type from past experiences. Rick is the only one that they know for sure has the same type.

After rescuing Carol, Carol screams for Andrea to look out behind her. When Andrea turns and shoots the walker, the walker knocks her to the ground and falls on top of her. Andrea was struggling getting the body off of her and the people in the truck saw this and thought she was being attacked. So in the chaos of the moment, they all really believed she was taken down by a walker.

There's been much debate around here about what she was truly mad about. Personally, I think she was upset that Carl was involved, not that Rick killed Shane.

The rest of the group likely won't let her do any extraneous activity because she's pregnant. I seem to remember this happening several times throughout the season. Particularly with T-Dog refusing to let her carry supplies into the house. On that same idea, she could have been taking it easy because she knew she was pregnant, herself.

You're going to be waiting an extremely long time for Carl to "get it". So far he and Rick are the only two with "no death" passes.

I personally don't find Carl that annoying. He's a kid, doing what kids do. The apocalypse isn't going to change that.

#12 Bassman, Sep 5, 2012
  13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Are you for real? This is a joke right?:zombies_confused:

14. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Lori is a whore for cheating on Rick with his best friend like within days/week after supposedly believing he were did, Not! She is a lousy wife. She doesn't love support or stand by her husband. She kept the fact she cheated on Rick until he busted her on it. She kept the fact she was pregnant a secret from her husband and tried to abort the baby instead until he busted her. Lousy mother. Can't even keep track of the child she already has. Blames everyone else. Self absorbed selfish and superior princess attitude.

15. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

All this hate for Lori is kinda making me start to like her... heh.

16. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I just don't get it and have given up trying. It's one thing to disagree or dislike the character but most people come off as the village mob with torches and pitchforks, rallying together to destroy a creature because they can't see things from a different point of view....

(Special thanks to Mary Shelley) :zombies_lol:

#16 Bassman, Sep 5, 2012
  17. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

That sums up my feelings, too.

18. BrokenAngel

Seriously???? Really??????

19. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I guess. I just think it's all getting a little too goofy. It's making me see her in a new light. Do I really like her? No, probably not. But it's seriously raining on my parade to continue to dislike her.

20. BrokenAngel

The woman is beyond f****d up. Known women like her. No redeeming qualities. She is FUBAR.