Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Low/Zero Light and Weather Conditions

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by HORSE SIX ZERO, Feb 12, 2013.

1. HORSE SIX ZERO

I saw a post yesterday that I’ve thought about myself in Modern Warfare and Black Ops.

How come there are no multiplayer (MP) maps in either game that offer the players the opportunity to fight in low light or zero light conditions? Other games, such as Ghost Recon-Future Soldier and Medal of Honor-Warfighter have these low light/no light sequences in their MP environment.

Granted, you do have night missions in Modern Warfare 3’s Special Ops game modes, but no low/zero light MP modes? Why is this?

In Call of Duty 4, you had the opportunity to use night vision goggles (NVGs), for low/zero light MP maps like District, Downpour, Pipeline, and Wet Work. These four maps had dark spots where NVGs worked well for them. Especially in the guts of Pipeline, and the open sniper lines and dark corners of Wet Work.

Downpour was a heckuva map to use NVG. The weather condition made them work very well.

I’ve thought about what map would be great for NVG. With the advent of the thermal scope (TS) in MP now, would you need NVG? Sure you would. Not everyone will use the TS. You’ll have those who will using speed and mobility to their advantage and you’ll also have those who will use the low/zero light to their advantage.

Now, combining these two types of light, you can have some really cool fights. But how would you defeat NVG?

With certain situations, you can’t have NVG or Thermal on, because it distorts the finder. Fire for example, distorts the view finder. What you may think is a target, might not be and you give away your position.

With some guns in Black Ops 2 and MW3, they have flashlights, and the laser sight would also blind a person using NVG. Also using NVG or low light, a person’s IFF laser sight would be given away. With the advent of tracers in game that you see, they’d show nice and bright giving away a position.

It would be super cool if they could come up with some type of code to give you a variant in light, and or weather conditions.

Also, you hit someone with a flash bang when they’re NVG is up, it should double in duration since you’ve basically fried their eyes out as well. The last thing you want IRL is to have that happened (been there and done that, and damn did my head hurt really bad the next day).

Just for the MP though. Just my thoughts.

2. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

Ya, thats a good point. Why did you post this in MW3, if it's relevant to BO:2 too?

3. HORSE SIX ZERO

I'm more of a MW3 vs. CRAPOPS 2 guy.

4. CraftBrewNAJ

CraftBrewNAJ Member

Crap ops2? Atleast your non-biased.

5. HORSE SIX ZERO

Nice stab, so I'm the only guy that catches shit for calling that game garbage?

Thanks for making ZERO input to your discussion point.