Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie's Still Pissed

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Weallgotit, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Like I said at the end of last season, Maggie deserved some justice. After everything she lost from Negan, he was left alive. And Gregory was still alive. I don't blame her for tightening up on the resources for the Sanctuary. We know a lot of those citizens do not feel safe with the Saviors still out there. And that snake Gregory tries to kill her. Nope I don't blame her for having him hung. Yeah it seems inhumane to most of us now. But they are basically starting over. It was that, or shooting him in the head or locking him up for good. And I think Maggie is fed up with the latter. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

And I felt like Maggie's lack of closure with Negan probably helped her act so hastily with Gregory. A bit of vengeance by proxy. I don't think it will help excise the Negan shaped tumor in her heart thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

Glad to see Gregory get his but a hanging? really? I dunno just seemed weird and out of character. Just shoot the ahole in the head and be done with it. The repercussions from it though will make a great story line for I am sure there will be some.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah, no doubt the hanging will be a real hot button topic in future episodes. The other communities don't know about it yet. And something tells me it didn't sit well with Michonne as she saw those kids looking on. It will definitely come back up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

He had it coming, given that he has tried 3 times to screw them over. 3 strikes and you're out!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

They should have just cast him out like they used to I think?

Doubtful that worm could get any real help outside.

But yeah I think the whole idea is cause and effect,crime & punishment,Law & Order like everyone seemed to talk about in this episode in some way or another.

And not exactly Dick Wolfe style either!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was a good idea to do it in front of everyone, that simply sets the stage for more "eye for eye" punishments to come... Meaning now folks at the Hilltop realize that it's all right to do this kind of thing to someone who wrongs you, and maybe not but I also believe this isn't the end of that.

On another note...
    I wonder if Gregory crapped his pants, because most people getting hanged do so, usually right as their neck snaps. Why I thought of this I could not tell you but it's exactly the thought that crossed my mind as the horse took off, I remember feeling mildly disappointed that they did not focus in on this particular aspect of being hung to death lol

#7 8307c4, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

He wasn't worth wasting a bullet on. This showed there will be no tolerance for that behavior. He deserved what he got. He couldn't be trusted. He manipulated someone to try to kill her. He was willing to have her killed in front of her son. He deserved it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Worse still he manipulated someone who may end up suffering long term from the effects, if Earl really was a teetotaler he may now have trouble controlling his alcohol consumption.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1