Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mary Poppins Returns

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dnae, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

For a year I have been patiently waiting for the return of Mary Poppins. She was well worth the wait!!

I could not stop smiling throughout the entire movie. Emily Blunt proves herself to be the practically perfect Mary Poppins to fill the shoes of an equally practically perfect Julie Andrews. I would even go so far as to say that Ms Blunts Mary Poppins felt a bit more real to me. She seemed to feel more, to have a sense of longing, a touch of sadness - the spoils of being so wise. I would chalk this up to the people behind the camera giving room for the actors to find their characters.

Lin Manuel Miranda looked as though he were having the time of his life. And that smile I mentioned having throughout the entire movie? That smile was so huge during the dance number for Trip a Little Light Fantastic.

I brought my daughter, son-in-law (who by the way has a huge crush on Julie Andrews) and my 8 year old grandson to see the movie. It was unanimous, we loved it. All of it. Everyone in it. All the songs, the music, the dancing, the story, the call backs.

No practically about it - it was, plain and simple, a perfect, joyful fun magical movie!

P.S. Saw the movie a second time and it was even better! The first watch, while wonderful, I was ever so slightly removed from giving myself over completely because I was waiting for that one huge flaw that would make the movie ever so slightly imperfect - which of course NEVER HAPPENED.

BUT the second watch I was able to just enjoy the movie I was watching without comparing it to the 1964 movie.

Kids or no kids - see this movie. I swear you will be unable to stop smiling throughout its entirety.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

@Dnae I saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it :)