Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne Reading Negan's Letter

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Weallgotit, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I can't say I was crazy about Michonne reading the letter to Negan. But I suppose it was worth a try. I'm not sure if her play was to get Negan to call off his dogs or not. I mostly think she just did it for Carl. She told Rick before that Carl writing those letters was one of the last things he ever did. So I'm good with her wanting to make every effort to make his dream a reality. And all of Carl's letters are read.

#1 Weallgotit, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Agreed, I think her goal here is honoring Carl. If that means living in peace with Negan, she's willing to do it.

3. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Negan's response was an emotional one, but I just suspect something will change. I don't know if this was Michonne's intent, but just reading him the letter is going to linger in Negan's mind. He reacted aggressively, but the fact that he even listened patiently to Michonne demonstrates that Negan has an ounce of care for what Carl had to say...

I feel like Rick and Negan will continue follow down the path of bravado and violence for now, but Carl's words will linger in their minds... And possibly have a key affect on these two in the finale.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Bleh....... I fear you are right.

5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Her reading the letter wasn't a problem per se and I guess it was actually nice of her to do it for Carl. The problem I have with this whole scene is the fact that there is no coherent leadership in the group. Her decision was reckless (what if she's captured and used as leverage against the group?). There should be rules in place and some structure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Lol. That's just the way they do things in Rick's group. Rick, Rosita, Daryl, Aaron, Rosita and Daryl again, Rick and now Michonne all just wonder off with there on side missions and leave the rest of the group out of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Negan is a psychopath, but we can all agree that he's a better leader. At least his people have some united direction. :D

8. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I agree it was for Coral's memory and respect to him. Kinda felt like she should have run it by Rick first incase he was going to use it as leverage at some point or something...

Also, I hateeeee to say it and in all my years as a walking dead watcher I have never even considered that theory that goes around about the whole show being a coma fantasy but when Rick read Carl's letter addressed to him and he said "It kind of felt like things went bad -because- you were shot..." I was like...hey...wut? Are you trying to make more people get crazy?! haha