Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by skaaaa, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

Could just as easily be nothing and it was just written that way to have us guessing like we are lol. Would be classic RK

2. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Her character is ruined and Kirkman wrote her off.
    Are we supposed to think she's with Ezequiel? Kirkman doesn't even bother

3. Danielecs

Danielecs Member

I'm such an idiot, I'm still waiting for Michonne is alive and Kirkman surprise us with a great story to it. It would be so lazy kill the best character just for lack of creativity.

4. Danielecs

Danielecs Member

is unjust people hate Michonne because of her love life. If it were a man, he would never have that judgment. She was the character who suffered most in history, she should need more love.

5. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I don't hate Michonne I dislike how her character (and some other women) was written, it is why I stopped reading the comics.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

In my opinion, and this is just my personal opinion, Kirkman wanted to add a strong black female character to the comic for diversity and to add a strong female character in general. Up until Michonne was added, Andrea was really the only woman who was equal to the guys, Lori had to take it easy due to her pregnancy, Carol was a clingy mess, Patricia was nuts, and Maggie was busy with Glenn. But when it came to Michonne in the early days, I just got the impression that he got the idea to create her from a Blaxploitation film because she seemed to rely heavily on stereotypes. Then for whatever reason, he decided to go the "I Spit On Your Grave" route with her by having her raped by Brian/Phillip and then get revenge by cutting pieces of him off, just like "I Spit On Your Grave". Did he think he was giving her more depth by going that route? If so, he failed because it just came off as a poor attempt to shock people.

The show on the other hand, it didn't rely on the stereotypes when it came to Michonne, they made her a much better character. In short, I think the show is doing a far better job with the women and it does play a role in why I dropped the comic after 8 years. I just feel the show is doing a better job and when I read the comic these days, I feel the comic doesn't do the show justice. Which sounds really odd since the comic came first but that's just how I feel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Since when did people hate Michonne? issue 19?

Anyway my new (likely wrong) theory is she's been on a boat and will return on one per issue 139 cover

8. Mewchonne

Mewchonne New Member

I kind of ship Richonne in the comics, I know it's probably not going to happen, but I could almost picture there being something between her, Rick, and Andrea. But that aside, I don't know where to begin. Michonne in the comics is an incredible character, so well developed, realistic, flawed, and beautiful. I relate to her more than I think I've ever related to a character before, and I would be devastated if she died. I think she has plenty of potential for storyline, I hope she keeps being part of the main focus. I cant' say I'm not biased, sometimes a character just clicks with you, and that's the story of Michonne and I.

9. tomharry

tomharry New Member

Michonne is a fictional character from the comic book series and i loved it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

out of curiosity what about the writing behind Michonne and some of the other women do you dislike?

Michonne and many of the women are strong, so it can't be that...I won't (and hope others don't) criticize your answer or opinion should you decide to answer my question.. I am just genuinely curious

11. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Lori was manipulative and needy, before the pregnancy afterwards, she became like an untouchable earth mother type
    comic Carol was just as unlikeable as tv Carol, given her emotional weakness in the comic I think she was treated badly and disposed of. Maggie has balls in both formats and comic Michonne was an insult to black women in the promiscuous way she was presented and cruel to Carol. I didnt like her or the use of the damaging stereotype. The writer redeemed himself 100% and Danai is fantastic on the show she keeps me coming back,
    and not just because of the relationship with Rick, but to have her just disappear after some guy in the comic was so shocking and almost abusive.
    tbh I'm disappointed at the portrayal of women except tv Michonne, Carol, Maggie and Tara and Sasha, Denise, Deanna . The rest of them I really have no time for and I'm glad they are dead and not clogging up the screen.
    I mean Jesse really?pointless filler character, she wasn't even a good plot device. Tyreeses love interest Karen had a purpose in developing his character. Beth? well I'm not going there.

#31 Toothpick, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  12. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I like the fact that comic Michonne is strong, but the stereotypes and promiscuous behavior is saddening. I was beyond elated that tv Michonne was written that way. She's still guarded somewhat with the family, but has slowly opened up more and more.