Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Michonne's "Son"/ Maggie Fallout Theory

Discussion in 'Episode 907 - Stradivarius' started by WillyJakkz, Nov 19, 2018.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I'm going with the theory I believe StaceFace brought up and will take it a step further.

I think Michonne lost the baby she and Rick were supposed to have during whatever the group went thru in the "X" arc (the symbol Michonne and Darryl both have marked on their backs...others as well?).

She hallucinates seeing their child when no one else does AND she never mentions the child to anyone, she always states how she is doing things for "her daughter" Judith.

She also mentions of losing people which I initially took as former group members but now I think she is implying her child.

ALSO I believe this possibly is what drove the wedge between Maggie and Michonne as Maggie's actions (wanting to kill Negan) led to Darryl misleading Rick then eventually led to Rick's sacrifice death/disappearance at the Bridge which in turn led to Michonne either being a single mom of the child and the child being killed before or after birth during the "X" arc with the fallout being Maggie has a piece of Glenn in her child Herschel while Michonne lost her piece of Rick in her now deceased child.

Rick would be there to protect her and the children and without Rick during the "X" arc, the child dies.

This is why Michonne holds so dearly onto Rick's possessions like the blue shirt for example (which btw when I think of Rick I always think of that beige/ khaki shirt).

Thoughts?

#1 WillyJakkz, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 3
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I really hope you're wrong. First because I don't like thinking of Michonne as possibly half cray-cray, and second because it's heartbreaking!!

That would explain why this kid is way too young.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Didn't Michonne lose a child when the ZA first started?

4. NakedCity

• Like Like x 2
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Anything is possible, and it would go alone with her habit of talking to "Rick" as well, but Magna also saw RJ, it was what made her change her mind about how to approach Michonne. And Angela Kang has basically stated that RJ is real and will be a symbol of "hope" going forward.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. NakedCity

Thank you. :)

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think RJ is real, and he is certainly tall enough to be 5. I think they had to deal with a group and Michonne and Maggie had different opinions on how and someone got hurt. Maybe someone they took in? And those X's could be a brand as apposed to a scar from stitches. Diidn't they look pretty much the same size?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am of the opinion that they are brands rather than incision scars

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Myself as well, and most incisions wouldn't be 2 diagonal intersecting lines. Although with their location I think they deliberately wanted the fans to be like "someone took their kidneyyyyyzzz!!". I really hope we don't discover that they ran into some rogue kidney stealing cult. They can save that for FTWD :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

If others show up with O's on them, they're either denoting who needs a hug or a kiss, or they are playing human tic-tac-toe:p

• Funny Funny x 8
  11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I think the "RJ is real" could be wordplay as RJ could've been real at some point and was murdered or bitten vs RJ is completely a figment of Michonne's imagination.

I think she sees RJ for the age he should currently be?

Also I think Magna didn't see RJ, maybe she saw Michonne talking to an imaginary child and could relate (maybe Magna lost her child or younger sibling) and decided not to attack for that reason (though I still don't trust her).

I think Judith is the only one who sees Michonne's vulnerability during her bouts of talking to herself etc and knows that side of her vs Magna who just happened upon it.

That's my take at least. Looking forward to finding things out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

This was my theory I posted under Michonne Babby Daddy (lol) after last episode. I agree the way it was worded by Angela Kang leaves room for that possibility. She merely agreed that the child we saw was RJ. Also, if you listen closely during the scene that implies Magna saw him too, there is a whispering voice behind the regular audio, which is what I think Magna really saw : Michonne talking to no one there.

At this point, I think RJ was real. I think something happened to him and it ties into Michonne's hesitation to accept new people. There are too many things missing in my opinion for him to be alive in present day. Even this episode when they're trying to convince Michonne to go all the way to Hilltop, Michonne says more than once that she's only going so far and that's to fulfill her promise to Judith. She could have easily said ..No I need to get back to RJ... and no one would question it. Not one reference to him at all.
    And for crying out loud, it's the son of Rick Grimes and there is literally no hype from the showrunners...no talking up his future or relationship with Judith, just that it will all go back to how things are currently being run in Alexandria
    Everyone else thinks I'm coo-coo, but until I see something in present day that confirms him, that's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

... watch the clip again with your volume UP, there's more going on than what we see

#12 Camilleyun, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Well I think RJ looks about 5, and I believe the actor who plays him Antony Azor, is 5. You can see in one still photo he is actually pretty big while she is carrying him. He doesn't look 2 or 3.

To me, that would have been awfully quick to figure out Michonne was interacting with an imaginary child and bond with that, on Magna's part. It was like 1 or 2 seconds, and she couldnt make out what Michonne was saying, she only saw Michonne crouch down and back up like she had picked up something.

Angela probably wouldn't call RJ a symbol for hope on the show if he was the product of Michonne's coping malfunctions.

I am convinced he is real, but we shall see.....:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Camilleyun

She did say he was a symbol of hope, Rick and Michonne wanted that baby as a way to start the future he and Carl envisioned. But I think Michonne has lost that hope, literally and figuratively, that's why she didn't want to let the new guys in and was 'arguing" with dead ( not dead!) Rick in her bedroom about it, it's why Judith reminded her letting in the new group would have been what Rick wanted. Michonne knows it, but something happened to make her lose that hope they shared, and I think It's the loss of RJ. AK did say we will get to see when Michonne finds out she's pregnant, so I don't think a child is purely her imagination. That would be pretty lame.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

My bad, should've given you credit as op of that thread.

And I agree, Michonne never once mentions RJ as a reason for her actions, it's always Judith.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Camilleyun

lol, no worries about "credit"...just glad I'm not the only one who has a similar theory!

17. Neuropyramidal

It doesn't really fit with what we saw, or what AK said, or the fact that Antony Azor is, I believe, 5. If she was a hallucination of him from the last she remembers him, I think they'd use a younger child. Also if he was a hallucination of Michonne's, it wouldnt really make sense that they showed him as a visible child from Magna's vantage point. But we shall see.....anything is indeed, possible :)

18. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Here's the clip of Magna Michonne, it could easily be seen as Magna seeing Michonne talking to herself but appearing to be picking up amd holding a child.

Also where did RJ go in the blink of an eye when Michonne answered the door? She went straight to the door as the scene cut and she didn't appear startled like Magna saw her doing something awkward.

Also the voice in the background can be heard around 35sec mark.

• Like Like x 1
  19. offrope

offrope Active Member

I can't make out what this "voice" is saying, and closed captions shows nothing. I also can't hear the Whisperers, but closed captioning shows what they are saying. Because of this, I'm not convinced that anything is being said, just random noise.

20. Neuropyramidal

It clearly shows the child from Magna's standpoint. And we don't know how much time passed before she knocks on the door. Magna may have waited until Michonne was done interacting with RJ and he ran off again, before she knocked. All the evidence, both what we see on screen and statement from AK, points to RJ being real. They could do a switcharoo on us, but that's not what is being put together here.

• Agree Agree x 2