Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Milton's experiment was depressing

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by GreekSalads, Nov 25, 2012.

1. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I think that Milton had to see it for himself. I think the fact that it did not work crushed Milton. I think that believing that people weren't all the way gone is the only thing keeping him going. I'm interested in seeing where they take the character

2. Junking87

Junking87 Member

Which is why I believe Andrea let him do it, because she knew in the end he needed to know for himself.

3. ggill09

ggill09 Member

Milton isnt going to last much longer. He is probalby the biggest puss so far. Im guessing he gets himself cornered when trying to rum from zombies, tries to talk to them as they bite his face off.

The experiment was really pointless though, you could tell Andrea was telling him it wasnt going to work from experience with Amy, but she didnt really want to say that and have to think about it again.

4. quickness26

quickness26 Member

Was wondering if you could tell us how you really feel! Haha

5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

He is a bit of a bootyboy, that there Milton, him.

#25 8307c4, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  6. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I loved the results of his experiment actually. If that zombie showed emotion I would have taken a bat to my television!

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I was hoping Andrea would of just let the creepy researcher be bit

8. Avdotya

Avdotya New Member

Totally! I've been baffled as to why Andrea hasn't described to him Dr Jenner's TS-19 video. Nothing happening in the frontal lobe. It's like the writers have completely forgotten about that whole episode. They've also seemingly forgotten that Andrea was a human rights lawyer, otherwise why isn't she arguing against experimenting on old people (even if he did consent) for the sake of a useless cause? It's annoying when you get these incoherencies in the writing because the rest of the show is so good.

Milton sure is weirdly sentimental for a scientist. Maybe he did need to see it for himself so that he can now wake the **** up and smell the coffee (yeah, I know he's more into tea....)

9. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I agree it's annoying she didn't mention the Jenner thing to Milton.

10. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

I like how characters know things but don't think to tell other characters what they know. Andrea could have told Milton about the CDC's explaination, but didn't. Maybe Andrea wasn't really paying attention to Jenner though, she did just lose Amy.

As for the experiment, no harm in trying to learn more about walkers (unless you let them loose). It makes the concept of zombie behavior more interesting (does it remember, can it learn, etc.) that other works have touched on. Milton just has to do it with little experience and equipment.

11. Atheos

Atheos Member

The show's kinda hinting like this Milton guy gonna find a solution or some shit.. I seriously doubt it though:zombies_shocked:

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

If your job was the governor's "scientist", and he wanted to know the result of this, would you tell him you didn't bother performing the experiment because the girl he was sleeping with (who has no scientific credentials) said it wouldn't work?

I doubt it. Also, scientists learn by DOING, not just by accepting dogma.

13. Junking87

Junking87 Member

And when he ends up dead for playing with fire, its gonna be all on him.

14. wjray

wjray New Member

I see Milton as a quasi scientist at best. He saw what he wanted to see, rather than what was actually in front of him. A good scientist would have noted the finger movement and repeated the experiment to see if there was another reaction. But he didn't. All he did was jump to the conclusion that there was something there.

Having said that, it was a good premise and an interesting experiment. After all, in the first season when Rick and Glen are trying to get the rest of the scavenger crew out of the department store, there was a walker bashing the glass with a rock. That suggests that, at a minimum, recently turned walkers retain some ability to use simple tools.

15. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I think that Milton was just doing his job and he didn't know what he's up to. Good thing that Andrea was there to save his ass.

Now, after this 'turning-into-walker' experiment, I'd like to see what's his next research about, but first we'll have to see how Woodbury will end up after the mid-season finale episode.

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Milton was probably a lab tech assistant before the ZA.

17. trinity

trinity Member

Not telling Milton about the CDC's explaination is just giving us more to hate about Andrea, but also giving fans a kick ass moment.. Andrea is a bad ass zombie killer woot woot!

18. Junking87

Junking87 Member

She probably just really wanted to kill that walker lol

19. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I think you hit the nail on the head. The Gov. wants to know if there is any of his daughter left in there so he is having Milton examine zombies as much as he possibly can.

20. Junking87

Junking87 Member

But see the same thing can be said for Rick when he showed up to Hershel's farm in Season 2. He knew everything that Andrea knew and instead of telling Hershel what does he do? He's out with the man aiding him to capture and bring more walkers home to where his family sleeps, like a dumb ass. At least Andrea didn't put lives in danger by withholding that info.