Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan Becomes Worst Enemy to ASZ, "Precious Life"

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by AnnieOakley, Nov 30, 2015.

1. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Please post your thoughts on Morgan in this MS-Finale, as it relates to the thread title and the below analysis. With the avalanche of blood already on Morgan's hands, we have the pivotal decision that Morgan takes in the direction of more blood, by actively engaging as ASZ's "insurgent".

To most, it's obvious. Tonight, Morgan has now taken definitive action against his own people, culminating in the fight against Carol in order to protect the "war criminal" enemy. In the process, he cements his own role as the #1 human enemy of ASZ by engaging against his "own", by fighting, knocking Carol out, rendering the doctor and Carol if Morgan's overpowered, which then happens. He has signed many death warrants by his actions by putting his life (and the life of the Alexandrians) on the line to protect the wolf. Hence, Morgan is the ultimate enemy because he made himself master of the wolf's fate, thus making the wolf's actions a direct result of his decisions.

Some of these decisions include: to keep him alive, put the only medic alone with him, enable circumstances for him to kill more Alexandrians (in this case Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Carol, Tiffany) all from one gun. If that's not an enemy within, nothing is. Morgan is now worse than the wolf because he was trying to be a friend and foe at the same time, which means he'll eventually have to swing one way. We saw that tonight. This isn't about ideologies anymore. No more table talking. What Morgan has done leaves ASZ with only one option to ensure their future safety after the walkers are gone: to kill him. It's justified punishment for basically what equals treason in a non-ASZ world.

No matter what defenses he laid down whilst in ASZ, his overall presence and actions have caused the overarching threats outside and now imminent deaths within. Engaging with a fight and knocking out Carol is declaring war on his own people, period. Carol was trying to kill a secret murderer hidden in their walls and he stopped her, then engages her as an opponent. Morgan has no words left to speak except his Last Words.

What once was a ludicrous philosophy and way of life, "all life is precious", has fully created the worst kind of enemy in plain sight. The kind you originally trust because of history, who infiltrates as friend while acting as foe with a secret prisoner, the kind who appears to favor the side of his community, but in the end, chooses to sabotage their own people (the doctor, Carol, the others who arrive, etc). He is sealing the horrible fates of so many Alexandrians, behind their back and regardless of whether he has literal blood on his hands. Any and all previous moral wavering is moot.

Morgan proved that when forced to decide, he was going to protect the enemy with his life, making him the most dangerous trojan horse in The Walking Dead history.

I'm ready for his public hanging, and this is after giving Morgan way too many chances/passes on red flags because Lennie James is such a great actor. But now that my blood has boiled over, it's your turn.

What do you think of Morgan's choice to defend the wolf with his life? Knocking one of his own unconscious in the room with the wolf loosely restrained? Having the medic in there alone? Her subsequent kidnapping? Or almost getting half the group killed by said wolf with their gun? After what Morgan set into motion tonight, what do you think the ripple effect will be?What do you want to see happen to Morgan?

#1 AnnieOakley, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Overall I agree with what you said...
    Yes I think Morgan's philosophy leaves a lot to be desired.
    For one Eastman was alone, by himself he could live by whatever philosophy.

But Carol should not have tried to physically go past Morgan either.
    Morgan may have been in the wrong, but she had no right to ...
    What was it she said?

Oh yeah...
    Kill Morgan and the Wolf... So that no more people have to die.
    Kill two more so no more.

Yeah, right...
    That philosophy isn't so smooth either.
    Carol had no right either, she kind of deserved what she got.

Maybe if she had kept her temper things might have turned out different as well.

#2 8307c4, Nov 30, 2015
  3. jojo

jojo Member

My blood has been boiling ever sense he let the the wolves out of the gate. Which caused the attack on Rick and RV shot up electronic in console, which dicomissioned it the same RV that could've most likely turned the herd around causing Rick with no choice to but to run home with the residuals of the herd closing in behind him I blame the herd at ASZ all on Morgan. Topped off with endangering the community as you stated and obviously risking the life of the ONLY doctor in AZ. I say exile like yesterday!

4. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Totally agree with the OP.
    Morgan was one if my favourite characters. I despise him now.
    He is a liability.

5. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The only thing Carol did wrong was not taking her gun out and capping Morgan in the dome. Carol should not have tried to fight him.

As for her being wrong to intend to kill both of them to eliminate two dire threats... you're nuts.

6. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

My thoughts are no more than I've already said in multiple threads I have made about Morgan, as well as threads other people have made. Despite the highly illogical nonsense that some put forth to defend his blatant unbalanced insanity(which every episode continues to further prove the common sense psychological profiling of this lunatic liability of a character), he is as foul as AnnieOakley describes.

Morgan is a weak minded, lying, irrational, unbalanced, extremist mental midget with a stick.

He functions only with an extremist coping mechanism and is otherwise totally mentally ill.

I have been posting this profile of him since episode 2 of this season. I predicted he'd be the groups biggest internal threat and I predicted last week that he would fight with Carol to save the Wolf. Because if you're going to outright lie to your people by keeping him wrapped up in the basement, you certainly have it in you to go a step further and physically fight them over it.

Why? Because you can't hold it together without your weak philosophy if you are Morgan. His philosophy is the only thing that validates his own existence at this point and his allegiances are only to himself.

What I would do? I'd kill him. And it's not like he hasn't signed his own death warrant as is. Rick/Carol or a walker will end him.

The irrational philosophy that he lives under, which has indirectly been the cause of all of this - as the walker horde only ascended upon ASZ due to the Wolves, which he had a chance to kill them in S5 when he was attacked by them in the woods. The RV got stuck due to the Wolves he let go shooting the dash.

There's a very big mirror with Morgan's ridiculous "all if life is precious" and it's heinous consequences in S6 to the real world.

The mirror is that extremism and irrational emotionalism do not work and cause immense social problems and a downgrade of humanity. Balance is key. Logic is key.

7. sheryden

sheryden Member

I' sleep-deprived right now, but...

Morgan is a major liability, and he's also really annoying about it. He clearly has some psychological issues to work out, and I feel for him. But when he risks the lives of the people of his community, something has to be done. I don't care if he saved Daryl and Aaron. That doesn't negate the fact that those walkers wouldn't be around the city in the first place if Rick had not been attacked by the Wolves he let go, and it doesn't negate the fact that he's now put the life of their only doctor in imminent danger--all so he can work out his own personal issues.

8. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

They should have put a bullet in Morgan the minute that intervention meeting with him finished. No point blaming a nut job for acting like a nut. They brought this all on themselves. Carol knows it.

9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I concur.

For all of the nonsense posted from some about how Rick is too brutal now, no different than the bad guys... he's become Shane...

Rick sure is soft with some people. Blinded by previous association with Morgan.

Upon finding out he allowed the Wolves to escape with the gun when he had the ability to stop them, with them attacking him and killing the RV, that was grounds for execution. Morgan even tells them he doesn't know right from wrong and you can read he's unstable. Nobody has time for that risk.

Carol then finds out he's got some threat locked up. She as well should have just shot him. She had the right idea but she went about it all wrong, at least she was paying attention to the threat under her nose however.

And seriously - **** him for putting everyone at risk to try to save the life of a brutal psychopathic killer. **** him double for sticking Denise down there by herself, who has no ability to defend herself and doing it via deception.

#9 Ionut, Nov 30, 2015
  10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The writers ruined Morgan. Big time. He could more had the mindset of kill those who are animals, for they are beyond saving. But nope. He do not even kill to save others. By not killing Wolves, he let them roll on to kill even more societies which would have them kill more life and eventually salvation from the walkers and a new life for coming generations.

11. Ricky

Ricky Member

The way I see it is Morgan has either got to change his "all life is precious" policy or he's going to die. Keeping the wolf was a stupid move, putting the lives of everyone in the ASZ in danger. If keeps on going this way he's going to become more of a liability than an asset to Rick and his group.
    Having said that I think in 6B we'll start to see him accept what has to be done in order to survive. Kill or be killed.

12. plotholes

plotholes Member

I looked back in shame the way I cheered when Morgan appeared at the end of "No Sanctuary"

13. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm pretty much super ticked off by Morgan now. Only way he can redeem himself is being the one to kill that Wolf. Please lord let him do it

14. drifter77

drifter77 Member

I'm still wondering how the producers pitched this scenario to James: "Hey Lennie, we want to bring Morgan back. Then we'll make him some pacifist conscientious objector with a broomstick that everyone will hate. Sound good?"

Lennie James is a wonderful actor and he's actually killing it as Morgan, but geez they couldn't make him more unlikable at the moment. I'm having a hard time picturing how he redeems himself after all this. I'm not sure even killing the wolf makes up for it.

15. batongal

batongal Active Member

Remember Gimple or someone saying way back when that maybe Morgan would be the groups next villain. He is an adversary to the group, now I realize what he meant.

16. Scarecrow666

Scarecrow666 Member

It's criminal what the writers have done to what was once such a great character

17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the fact he's so hated means the writing and the acting are extremely good.

18. Jmverhaalen

Jmverhaalen Member

Like someone said a few posts up, it worked for Eastman(which was a good episode) cuz he was alone with no one to look after but a goat. I think Eastman would of been smart enough to kill these killers in the name of saving the many. Part of me hopes the writers are actually writing Morgan to still be crazy. He was nuts in the comic and I hope that despite his peaceful ways, we see that Morgan is not in the least cured of his madness. That would be cool and I could get into his bullshit ideas now.

19. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Well, it didn't seem to work out that great for Eastman in the end. Had he killed Morgan either initially or after Morgan rushed him in the house, he'd still be alive mixing up cheese, so....

20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Did anyone else see the clip of Lennie on The Talking Dead? He said Morgan was sorry he knocked Carol out the second he did it.

I think when they both come to, the Wolf may have knocked some sense into Morgan. When it is the two of them without the wolf physically present between them, Morgan and Carol will be able to work together. Neither of them wants to hurt the other. That's something.