Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan build up, higher purposes in main show?

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - No One's Gone' started by Marc, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Seeing Morgan now, slowly returning to his more stable, mid line self. Do this mean we get a Morgan filling in as a morale compass and more of a "Leader" when Ricks actor steps back in season 10?

Along with Daryl, Michonne and Morgan making out some kind of main cast leadership for the Alexandria Safe Zone? As it looks right now, Maggie might die or be exiled considering her actress signed up another show. Ricks gone soon, Not sure what happens to Negan but I guess he be a supportive character with his experience. But I just feel Morgan got a bigger role from now on if he do not die in FTWD. Maybe one of the others on FTWD follows along? John Dorie? "Laura"?

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This is confusing since we have two different shows, and there is no talk of their combining. Morgan is on Fear permanently now. I don't think that character wants to be the leader as it means sometimes having to fight and possibly kill opposing forces.

It is rumored that Daryl was enticed to stay on TWD by getting more of a leadership role. I would have prefered Carol, with Daryl continuing as faithful lieutenant. Maybe they will co-lead.

They already told us Maggie will be back on TWD and they will accommodate her shooting schedule for her other show, so they aren't planning to kill her. Since we have different communities now, I don't think Maggie's absences will be distracting.

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I do not think there is ay character as strong as Rick to become leader, ironically, Negan.

But we all know he wont be, But I think Morgan might that a Hershel like position like in the prison community. Part of a running Council in Alexandria with Daryl, Carol, Morgan, Michonne and maybe Gabriel as a religious part of it, I think this be much more natural than a carved in hardrock position of Rick like leader. Unless they "rest" Rick as a character off screen while the others run off on a Morgaon like adventure to the Common Wealth that is on the go in comics. That would not suprise me either.

4. Lindigo

But Morgan is no longer in Alexandria. He is in Texas.

I don't think the Alexandrians are going to go off on an adventure just now. They finally have some peace and quiet. I think they want to farm and replenish their stores and take a breather.

But, yes, the Council idea is solid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think Morgan will return to Alexandria. I also think FTWD will be cancelled or take a very drastic turn. It could even sometimes fade into Alexandria at times between TWD seasons. Cause the Morgan twist really opens a lot of potential doorways.

We wait and see what they do with the leadership role :) I hope they council!

6. Lindigo

Eventually, I can see that happening, but not in the immediate future. AMC is making money on both shows.

As far as Fear taking a very drastic turn, IT JUST DID!!! LOL I love the soft reboot.

I think both shows could work well with a Council government, but maybe it is easier to write with a defined leader. Rick did try a Council approach for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am not big on the soft reboot. I think of other ways they could kept going, especially without killing Nick, offing Daniel Salazar into a dark corner, killing Troy quickly for shit they did on their own community to rescue Daniels wife who was not rescued anyway.

Well Rick was still main man, I guess Daryl can be the "Main" star without being the Big leader like Rick in Season 3-4 who still was leader but had a council who was equal in power for each member.

8. Lindigo

Nick was my favorite character on Fear. I wish he had not asked to go, but he did.

On, TWD, you're right, I can't imagine another leader better than Rick. He was perfect. Flawed, but perfect.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It is just weird. I mean they could leave it open with Nick. Madison is not even confirmed dead. They could give him a similar "death" which is not known or just had him be gone this season and only be in flashbacks. I mean, they could do it to Daniel... :( Actors can be back. Look at Morgan!

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They confirmed Madison’s death on Talking Dead.
    She is a goner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Lindigo

Nick wanted to leave, and they need to kill people once in a while, so it made sense he would die instead of having a mysterious disappearance. But, I also would have loved that, because it would have been wonderful if he would have decided to return. It's just not meant to be, though. </3

I remember when Morgan came back. I yelled MORGAN!!!! into my quiet living room and I kept smiling with such astonished happiness.

Some people get cranky with Morgan at times. Not me. Just happiness.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Thanks Sharpie!

Yeah I like Morgan even if he is a bit of a weirdo and annoying with his mentality of rescueing bad people but hey! Morgan is unique in the show I think! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

Is Salazar confirmed dead?

Guess it would be weird for him to pop up alive....again. This time hundreds of miles from where they left him for dead.

14. Lindigo

Nope, not confirmed dead. I feel certain we will see him again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They did say that we would see Daniel again. But they didn’t say if he would return or be a memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Looks like he'd be alive:

Fear the Walking Dead fans may not have seen the last of Rubén Blades’ Daniel. Although in the AMC drama’s Season 3 finale, he was standing atop the Gonzales Dam when it blew up — and he’d just been shot by Strand! — Andrew Chambliss, who now runs the show along with Ian Goldberg, says that “there is a very good chance that he will appear in the Walking Dead universe.“He is alive and out there,” he adds. But “the details surrounding that are something that we’re still keeping under wraps.”

That Ofelia’s father would have beaten the odds to rise again might not come as the biggest shock ever to viewers. After all, as Chambliss himself acknowledges, “He’s [made it through] a fire in a wine cellar, then getting shot in the face and then a dam explosion… He’s definitely a survivor!”

So, are you hoping Daniel will return to Fear? Or, since Chambliss mentions not necessarily his own show but “the Walking Dead universe,” do you think he’ll turn up on The Walking Dead in Season 9?

• Winner Winner x 1